Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
Wow. What a dark and somber beginning... It's a complete contrast to the "happy" palette used to paint the images. It's not often where I play a game where the MC's depression makes me want to take my own life IRL. Damn. From the "raisins rolling down a mountain of sugar" line in the opening- I thought it was going to be a light-hearted, fun, peek-a-boo, romp...nope. I may actually require therapy after that tragic beginning.

Here I was already upset at the prospect of having, no being made, to choose between two of the most adorable freckled and fiery redheads that have graced a game...then I have to endure the MC's PTSD on top of it. My heart can only take so much. :) As gorgeous as the upskirt shot was- it still did very little to brighten the mood of the story. (Sad boner is sad.)

I've read a lot of the comments, but I don't think it was an avalanche- the sounds before the ambulance sirens, sound more mechanical...like the ski-lift/gondola fell and/or collapsed. I could be completely wrong- just my impression. "Uh, Well, uh heh-heh." and that was my impression of Ronald Reagan... :)

This game has almost as sad of a beginning as "Emily: Sister Attraction" had a heart-breaking conclusion. (I'd really love to see that updated into the same style as DFD or DH.) I'm not sure how anything "naughty" is going to work in this game that won't feel like upskirt shots at a funeral. Yeah, it's hot...but is it really appropriate to think it's hot, considering...where you are. Lol

Also, if you try to set up the "lore" in this game like DFD- it really doesn't translate well or make a whole lot of sense. The dialogue in some spots just sounds really weird and it kinda buggers up the premise. Unless the MC is "Billy Madison" going back to high-school with his off-spring- it kinda goes off the rails (on a crazy train)... (Sorry, Ozzy moment. \m/ )

It's going to be very interesting to see where this game goes in the future...as bleak as that future seems atm. :p

Fantabaldu

The Pirate King
Donor
Feb 19, 2019
from Palmer's latest patreon post
how about we take a look at this screenshot from DH Ep 2?
View attachment 281471 (Who is this?)
I've not played till now this game , but il played DFD till Ch16...
From the images i saw about Double Homework like this one , immediately you can see without knowing , Palmer Signature ; Art it's really amazing and absolutely more than promising game ; i'll wait for one or two Chapters more to have more content and for sure i'll give this game a try

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well gamesofdesire had browser version of this so thought there would be official free version out but apparently not.

Fantabaldu

The Pirate King
Donor
Feb 19, 2019
when 1st offline version will be released?
I can report you some words written some days ago from a Mods in his Discord Server some days a go :
"Yes, Palmer wants all of his games to be available for free eventually. The free releases are (normally) about 6-8 weeks behind the Patreon release."

Usually the offline chapters of DFD are released 2 months after the Patreon release.
So for Double Homework i can imagine the offline version for the begin of the month of June

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
I can report you some words written some days ago from a Mods in his Discord Server some days a go :
"Yes, Palmer wants all of his games to be available for free eventually. The free releases are (normally) about 6-8 weeks behind the Patreon release."

Usually the offline chapters of DFD are released 2 months after the Patreon release.
So for Double Homework i can imagine the offline version for the begin of the month of June
That assumes that Palmer wants to continue to release based on the DFD schedule. I'd let @Palmer clarify that first :)

Fantabaldu

The Pirate King
Donor
Feb 19, 2019
That assumes that Palmer wants to continue to release based on the DFD schedule. I'd let @Palmer clarify that first :)
Mods write just that Palmer want to give always a free version available for his games...
It was one my supposition to give a range time of almost 2 months to DH for the free release ,similar to what is actually for DFD

OzBrit

Jan 31, 2018
I am a big fan of Palmer. Emily is what introduced me to all of these RPG games F95 etc so I owe him a big debt of gratitude. I loved DFD even though it runs incredibly slowly compared to other games. This game looks fantastic but it looks like I will not be able to play it.

Is it just me or does this game run slower than real life. Settings do not give an instant dialogue option and between the narrative trickling along at a pre school reading pace and the sound effects taking forever i just cannot sit doing nothing long enough to continue playing this game. Such a shame.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well online version (epi 1) was nice although quite short.

Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Mods write just that Palmer want to give always a free version available for his games...
It was one my supposition to give a range time of almost 2 months to DH for the free release ,similar to what is actually for DFD
With the release of a new VN, it gives Palmer and his team the chance to change things and that's why it's not always safe to assume that the free release schedule of DFD will automatically apply to DH :) I get your logic though :)

EDIT: @Lonecanuck, would you know whether Palmer plans to release Double Homework for free and if so would you know what Palmer's plans are in terms of a release schedule? Thanks!

Reactions: Fantabaldu

ViperGts151

You don’t like me? Fine. Don’t waste my time then.
Donor
Jan 15, 2018
Latest patreon post (section about DFD posted in that thread)

What are we doing for May?

Except for what's already been mentioned, another episode of 'Double Homework' will be released (Ep2 is coming in April, and be available to $10 patrons). Also, we'll release the beta of our Anime game. We still haven't figured out a name yet for that by the way (for $20 patrons).

This is what episode 2 of Double Homework looks like:
1.png

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
I am a big fan of Palmer. Emily is what introduced me to all of these RPG games F95 etc so I owe him a big debt of gratitude. I loved DFD even though it runs incredibly slowly compared to other games. This game looks fantastic but it looks like I will not be able to play it.

Is it just me or does this game run slower than real life. Settings do not give an instant dialogue option and between the narrative trickling along at a pre school reading pace and the sound effects taking forever i just cannot sit doing nothing long enough to continue playing this game. Such a shame.
Thanks for the comments about Emily!

If the game runs slowly, you are experiencing some technical issues. The game runs as quickly as DFD. Instant dialogue and other options were added a few weeks ago by the way :)

Reactions: OzBrit
3.30 star(s) 90 Votes