VN - Others - Completed - Double Homework [Ep. 19] [Palmer/Love-Joint]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Éama

I'm not sure what people have against this game. I enjoyed it a lot. I think the ending is one of the best I have played. It felt very cinematic to me. The game itself can drag on a little here and there. There is plenty of ntr-tease, and at times I genuinely felt it, but this is not a ntr game and you would do this game a great injustice if you stopped playing because of it. Double Homework is also a very long game, so you have to give it some time to develop.
    If you enjoy the style of games that Love-joint makes, I would definitely recommend this. It's my favorite game of theirs. When you start the first day, believe me, you have not a single clue where the story ultimately leads.

The art is outdated but gets better over time. Still, this is not a recent game, so don't expect to be blown away in that regard. I always name Double Homework as one of the hidden gems of the adult visual novel genre. It definitely does not deserve a mediocre rating.

Also, as far as I remember from playing it two years back, the girls are supposed MCs sisters, right? I don't know whether that's still true in this version but I wouldn't miss the incest aspect personally.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

rvlfycpydgdcttfren

This is a poor game with a deceptively high rating.

The LI's in the story are attractive enough to garner attention and the artwork is not bad at all, but its very small, even using their fullscreen hack only centres the small image with huge black borders (actual windows maximize button has been broken)

Sadly the very very linear story is practically unplayable - there are 5 or 6 second transitions between a LOT of frames and then the game stops for 10 seconds or more to download new assets without permission. It makes it feel like work. Even once the image shows, there can be an additional 2-3 seconds before the text starts to show up, even when set to instant, ostensibly this is to make you focus on something else, but usually its on empty-ish scenes

Choices dotn really have an impact, the few times ive been patient enough to sit through the transitions more than once, to see other choices, the outcome has alwasy been the same for all choices
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Vortex_Master

This is one of my all time favorite adult visual novels. May Palmer rest in peace. We miss your extraordinary work.

The story is compelling and the characters interesting and unique. It gets a little weird in the end plot wise, but if you can suspend your disbelief for crazy action movies, you can do it for this too. The characters all have interesting personalities and stories, and the antagonist(s) are great, I love to hate Dennis. Unlike his first masterpiece DFD, you can really only pursue one to two girls throughout the game. While I do think forcing the player to genuinely pursue one particular character is more realistic and leads to greater replayability, it can be frustrating to some who wish they could have it all. In this game it just wouldn't work if you could constantly fuck everyone. You do technically get to have 3 girls in the end, the character of your choice plus your two sis... cous... I mean roommates. A must play of the adult visual novel genre. Like DFD, the incest is all implied and dependent upon the player to lean into the kink or not, though it is much harder to imagine these twins being something other than your family, unlike DFD were it's plausible the girl is the daughter of some woman you knew and possibly loved that you took under your wing.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

thebowkid

My experience with this game left much to be desired. At first, I was hopeful about the story's potential, but it turned out to be quite the slog, with uninteresting characters that failed to keep me engaged over the chapters I played. Initially, I considered giving it 3 stars, as it seemed to deviate from the generic Ren'py games that solely aim for quick profits. However, my rating took a dip when I realized the game also baited me with a certain character not actually being what I thought they were.

The initial dream sequence featuring the milf teacher teased players with the possibility of romantic involvement, but to my dismay, she wasn't actually a love interest in the game. This left me feeling deceived as the initial scene was totally unnecessary. I decided to look for spoilers to find out if my assumption was correct, and sadly, it was.

Despite this disappointment, I continued playing until around chapter 8, still hoping for an engaging experience, but the game failed to deliver. The combination of all these led me to lower my rating to 2 stars.

In conclusion, while the game may try to differentiate itself from typical Ren'py games, the uninteresting plot and boring characters ultimately overshadowed any positive aspects it may have had. I wouldn't recommend it to others, especially those who might think the milf has any real scenes.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

alexf55699

First of all , the game is pretty linear. You think you have the illusion of choice , but no, whatever you choose, the scene goes the way the dev wants it to be.

The renders seem pretty good to be honest ,the story is very slow , but the main problem is with the game mechanism.

I mean the transitions between scenes take too damn long , even the transitions between the conversations in the same scene are too slow,

and the skip button doesn't really work the usual way , it simply straight up skips the whole scene to the next and you can't stop it,

and frankly, what's the point of downloading the game to play it -offline- if I'm constantly stuck with the [ downloading assists ] every minute!!!
    I managed to get to episode 4 before I gave up. It's a waste of time.
  6. 3.00 star(s)

LightSwitch

This game follows a mostly linear storyline, with only a few choices sprinkled throughout. There is a lot of dialogue, so slow readers beware. I would say it was about 7-8 hours before there was any real erotic content and twice that length before the first proper love scene with the two main girls. It's a very slow tease.

I didn't carefully track my playtime, but I would estimate each chapter to be around 1½ hours.

The game has a similar look and feel to the developer's previous work, with a graphical improvement. Interestingly, some character models even look like they may have been reused, possibly as an homage. Unfortunately, it still lacks any animation.

Jumping between chapters was a minor inconvenience. I feel they should've consolidated the separate chapters after completion to create a more streamlined experience.

The background music leaves something to be desired. It felt like it was the same 3 or so tracks repeating throughout the entirety of the game so they felt overused. There was one particular jazz track that I thought was bad, almost comedic. It seemed like a meme song and often didn't fit the mood.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

cab18+

Although last updated with Episode 18 , Double Homework is well worth a try. 'Relations' is a thing you can edit in the main menu.

Just make sure you save a back-up file. With the back-up file of Ep18 you can play Episode 19 on the dev's website.

Unfortunately (for us) the two epilogs are only playable via their Patreon page.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

weirdanime

I know the dev put a lot of work in this game, so it has to be said that visually it is great. However, the technical side is pure rubbish. You can't play at your own pace, you can only use the skip button that you can't turn off until a scene ends, or you can go as intended by the dev, which is: 3 second transition, 5 lines of dialogue, 3 second transition, 4 second pause, 3 second transition, 1 line of dialogue, 3 second transition, downloading assets, 3 second transition, and so on. It's a complete waste of time.

Besides, what is the point of downloading a game like this if it has to have an internet connection and downloads assets every second scene? The dev's decisions are really beyond me. I got to the episode 6 before I gave up. This thing is unplayable.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2484000

This VN, while a very slow burner, is top notch. The MC's story is surprisingly relatable. Dark and depressive times in life is something that I think most people will experience sometime in their life.

Every girl is unique and stands out which is something that a lot of other VN type games can suffer from.

I definitely expect this to also contain a story of healing but that was done pretty well I think.

The only annoying thing that I ran into sometimes was my saves not transferring properly. The save editor really helps to fix that issue.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

BachelorChow

Contains spoilers, so whatever.

This game is certainly cut above the majority titles on this site.
    Girls are pretty and have some life put into them that reinforces their albeit archetypical character arcs.
    Plot could be just this sweet story about trauma, remorse and fighting MC demons but at some point...the whole game takes a hint from David Cage playbook and goes into really stupid conspiracy. The main story goes like this - MC is a famous skier who caused an avalanched that killed 20 people, goes full PTSD and becomes full gamer shut-in with little interaction with his sisters (sorry but sisters are a bit more believable than random friends living together). Then he agrees to attend summer school where classes are conducted by one incompetent teacher and students are gorgeous girls and one prick character. Sounds like pretty generic setup for mega chad fantasy but turns out the whole thing was an experiment to get this - prove that alpha male can get any girl he wants. I could not believe in this setup, especially when it come like a big revelation, sure small hint were here and there but experiment? From some MKULTRA-tier organization? To prove what, when you have attractive male and females they tend to spark interest in each other? I don't buy it, this plot seems like some self masturbatory drivel of a novice writer who just watched Fight Club. This whole twist or angle destroyed anything good game presented so far - small character stories, their feelings and dramas - those could be sufficient enough to carry on the whole plot. There could be said more of course, like the MC being really underdeveloped idiot who just wins appreciation of any girl, Dennis who is just comically bad villain, forcing two sisters/friends upon the plot, even up to the end, but I digress.
    This game is certainly interesting and looks pretty but dives unnecessary into some really retarded territory which I reckon made some other plots really rushed and underdeveloped.
  11. 2.00 star(s)

BIackBaron

This type of visual novel has story as the backbone, this one does not have a backbone at all. Every character is two dimensional, especially mc and main antagonist. I don't have much else to say, yes it's pleasing to the eye but it's just not enough.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Mr.Kusanagi

Ignored this one for a while because I was so into DFD and really disappointed when it ended. Then I played the first episode of DH and was totally hooked from the get go. The artwork is just superb and what can I say - I instantaneously fell in love with Johanna. I was really puzzled about the strong feelings towards a VN character which shows how good the characters are written. Although the story obviously has its flaws I definitely enjoyed to follow the plot and even re-joined as a patron for some time to support the devs and obviously get a hand on some of the excellent artwork. I'm really looking forward to play the game again since there is so much to be explored and you don't get all of the girls that easily with just one run-through. Which brings me to my main critic. Only being playable online or at least requiring online access even with the unofficial "offline" versions is something I strongly dislike. You never know if the studio eventually stops working in the future and the game will be lost forever which would really be a shame. So try it as long as it lasts and meet the cutest, most gorgeous ginger girl ever created. But don't you dare to break her heart or even touch her or I will make sure you'll end exactly like Dennis did :ROFLMAO: One final warning. This game surely is not for people who as Tamara would put it want to go "straight to the f+*king". The story and as such the relationship between characters take time to built up. I personally like a story that's developing at a realistic pace and takes its time to set the right tone. This makes reward all that sweeter in the end and it really would feel pretty dull to get to hump your stepsisters that easily.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

MikoKju

There is alot of content. It took me around 10-15 hours even though i skipped some chapters.
    The models looks pretty ,needless to say.

IMO story is too long, its not uninteresting, but too long nonetheless.

Compared to alot of other games in the site, this one is actually just great if you ran out of games to play and looking for something to burn some hours.

That includes other games from the same dev/group, these slipped over my radar because of "Others" tag due to most of them not being available and easily emulated like renpy and rpgm on android.
  14. 4.00 star(s)

buff

This game is, to me, Peak Palmer (RIP). Well worth it, even if you have to pony up ten bucks to see the ending.

The characters are well done and the art is fantastic; the dialogue isn't bad and the plot is reasonably interesting. Like all Palmer's games, the sex scenes are beautiful but a bit short.

I'm deducting a star only because some of the plot's conflict devices are a bit lazy (for example, it relies on the irritating gimmick of "the good guys won't tell each other critical information because something something protect you hurr durr").
  15. 3.00 star(s)

someknave

Really unsure about how I feel about this game. A lot of good and a lot of bad.

The visuals are for the most part pretty, but I feel that this tends to be over emphasised in reviews. The character models are cute, if a bit plastic,. The sex scenes are fine but very samey.

The story again is a mix, the overarching themes are compelling and there is some well written stuff there but there are some real weaknesses, there is very little agency and the speed of the plot is glacial, text can be long winded and repetitive and the character issues (which i am about to get to) massively impact on the plot, and not in a good way.

The antagonist is a joke, a parody, and it makes it hard to feel like he's a threat. A lot of reviews seem to hate the character (and you are definitely supposed to), but he is definitely more of an annoyance than a threat.
    The other characters who aren't the main interests are fairly 1 dimensional although each do have an aspect that is slightly contrary to their initial impression, so 1.5 dimensional maybe. And you don't see much of any of them outside of their gimmick and sex, this isn't a huge issue as they are supporting cast but it might have been nice to see just a hint of their lives outside the MC's .
    The main love interests (read sisters) are quite compelling definitely the most engaging part of the cast which is a good thing because between them they are in almost half of the scenes. They aren't without fault, neither really feel like a real human, (not like any person I've ever met) but they are engaging and humorous and very different to each other which is nice.

This brings us to the MC and boy do I have thoughts. He is dealing with some massive stuff, and the portrayal of that is fine, not great, not awful, fine. He is socially and emotionally really stupid. This is not necessarily a problem but the majority of the drama and story beats rely on him being stupid and that is annoying , particularly as the player has no agency to change his behaviour. He is also a bit of a scumbag, and everyone likes him even after he hurts them, which does happen in real life but is still uncomfortable.

There is a trope in games like this that cheating is bad enough to cause momentary drama but people get over it quickly. That is just not how that works, but the game just straight up forbids you from being open about your activities or anything for that matter, the character lies all of the time and is always almost immediately forgiven. He even lies once he commits to the two main interests that he will always talk ahead of time about what he does with either of them. Yet everyone just acts like that's fine.

I wouldn't mind if he cheated as much if the other characters weren't always going on about what a good guy he is, but he is not really, he cares about his own trauma and sex and then about his main interests.

For all that, I still do enjoy the game but I can't give it any higher rating than this.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

skrusher

Just finished ep 19, just missing the epilogues. But I can say that the game is great. Well written, engaging and original story. The girls are beautiful and the renders in general are very well done. The sex scenes are good, but they are short, focusing more on the MC cumming than the rest, and I also missed animations in these scenes. The game engine could be better. It is much better than in DFD, but the fade in/fade out it's still too long.

Even so the game deserves 5 stars.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

Eisbaerle

I played now all episodes of this visual novel and try my best to say what I liked in this.

Story 4/5

The story was something different from all the casual VN´s u can find here and there, it was unique, even if some parts was kinda weird to read because it didnt fitted well in the current situation or episode.

Graphic 5/5

For bigger visual novels its maybe a standard way to do,but I really liked it, even if some things like the backgrounds could have done more "realistic", what I mean is mostly the way it got coloured or shadowed(?) and the most I´ve played so far are many times the same, so its actually a nice change to watch.

Gameplay 4,5/5

Sometimes I wished I would have more ways to handle the current situation and the loading time is sometimes a piece of shit towards me..

So, it was good, could have done stuff way better or in a different way but I think it fitted well all in all. For Dennis I wished he would have been less a a*hole? Idk i didnt srsly care what going to happen to him then.
    At least I think LJ did what Palmer would have want. I cant really tell but it feels like it.

I hope the team of Love-Joint learned a few things for their next project and do it better. Good luck to you guys.

(I hope its understandable what I meant to write here, if not I´m sorry.)
  18. 4.00 star(s)

cxx

good avn which only downside is that it isn't available as offline and on online version content downloads tend to be so long that player can empty whole pot or 2 of coffee per 1 chapter while waits that downloads finish.

good story while being silly and good models (although their constant changing pose gets irritating) and interesting personas.

major downside is that it's over and no more redhead twins or others.
  19. 4.00 star(s)

dietmountaindew

Coming back to this game for the first time since the news, and sadly, the game will always have a melancholy cloud hanging over it for me, as I was in the middle of playing it when I heard.

The VN itself, despite its flaws, such as the clunky game engine and at times, overly-dramatic plot, feels very...nostalgic to me. I can't quite place why, but I really enjoyed playing up until I stopped around episode 9ish.

Most seem to not like the MC, but I ended up relating to him a lot. He's just a dude going through some shit. He has flaws, sure, but don't we all? I like the dude.

And I adore Tamara. She is, by far, one of my favorite looking characters render-wise, ever.

4* for the weird, charming, nostalgic feeling and for Tamara.

And rest in power, Palmer.
  20. 4.00 star(s)

kartolas

There's a lot of stuff I love about this game but there's one thing that puts me off: I hate the fact that the MC is forced to do a LOT of stuff without giving choices to the player. Stuff that I would never do. The player just goes along for the ride and the only thing he has a say in it is related only to the side girls. This is an harem game that forces you to incest and any game that forces relations on the player is a no go for me.

Girls are gorgeous and all have their own personalities and problems, all but the MC and that's quite sad. This game could have been so good. I feel like I will never forget these girls...

Graphics: 5*
    Story: 2* (the MC...)

Thank you and good luck.

Best wishes for the Love-Joints future.

RIP Palmer.

P.S. Devs made the MC completely retarded. You've been warned.

Ok. I finished and all things considered, this is a nice game with beautiful characters specially the roommates. I ended with Rachel btw.

Thank you

Version: 19 (end?)