Doubt about DAZ3D Animations.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Let me start with saying I do not have DAZ3D but I am asking this out of mere curiosity, so if it is a too obvious question and I should have known, this is why!

I have often seen on asset requests and asset releases various things ranging from components, to shaders, to characters or even poses... However, I have never once seen animations, is there any reason on why is that?

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
There are some animations for daz but, you won't want to use those and that your game has the same as many others? better learn to create yours... I don't say that you can't use the ones already made, but better not to abuse them, which aren't many either, or use them as a base and then customize them a little (I think this is difficult because they have many keyframes, I'm not sure, just use one as a test for a while, but for my game I create them from scratch).

BTW, DAZ is not specially created for animations, although it can, requires some effort and rendering time, but it is fun ;)

K4T0W1C3

Aug 25, 2022
There are some animations for daz but, you won't want to use those and that your game has the same as many others? better learn to create yours... I don't say that you can't use the ones already made, but better not to abuse them, which aren't many either, or use them as a base and then customize them a little (I think this is difficult because they have many keyframes, I'm not sure, just use one as a test for a while, but for my game I create them from scratch).

BTW, DAZ is not specially created for animations, although it can, requires some effort and rendering time, but it is fun ;)
For your games, do you use Daz3D for animations, or something like Blender?

Reactions: Brutt_Axeman

Brutt_Axeman

Dec 28, 2023
For your games, do you use Daz3D for animations, or something like Blender?
Definitely Daz3d! But I use ready made from other software when it's compatible and exported in a format usable in Daz3d...The renders on Iray on Daz3d are the reason I purchased my PC for...

Reactions: K4T0W1C3