Doubt about the best video format for RENPY.

zenergyblack

Mar 29, 2022
I would like to know what is the best quality/weight format to render my videos for RENPY. I am using .mpg but it is true that although videos between 10-30 seconds look good, they weigh from 70 to 200 mb and it is quite heavy. some format that looks good and compresses them more than renpy accepts?

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
As Winterfire said, WebM is going to be best as far as your Quality:Size ratio goes (at least that Ren'Py supports.). Just make sure it's VP8 or 9.

Reactions: zenergyblack

zenergyblack

Mar 29, 2022
As Winterfire said, WebM is going to be best as far as your Quality:Size ratio goes (at least that Ren'Py supports.). Just make sure it's VP8 or 9.
Thank you very much, I am exporting from adobe premiere pro with the format that you have told me and it is a bit slow exporting.
Do you know some kind of configuration that I should use fixed?

Type Bitrate, quality, etc.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Thank you very much, I am exporting from adobe premiere pro with the format that you have told me and it is a bit slow exporting.
Do you know some kind of configuration that I should use fixed?

Type Bitrate, quality, etc.
That's the trade-off right there. It's going to take a bit longer to render. I'm not sure what you're rendering, but I've really only ran into slow exporting times with longer videos that usually run over an hour.