VN - Others - Completed - Doukyuusei: Bangin’ Summer [Final] [elf]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Sinphil

First up my rating severely influenced by personal taste even though I resisted giving minimum rating just. I despised the characters mostly. I found MC to be an illogical dick, a supposedly caring considerate kid who grew up to be an obnoxious sexual predator that finds love through sexual harasment and rape to become a caring husband..... And yes it is rape and sexual harassment straight up. Then you have woman after woman that falls in love with this. Its ridiculous and to me its offensive not exciting.

The stories are shallow and short on top of this, yes there a lot of women but at cost of developing any real characters or stories.

I did like the artwork and hint systems but did not think the mechanics were great and I can assure you this was not the ground breaking sandbox dating sim some people think, they predate the original by over a decade starting in early ninties.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

zARRR

Review of Doukyuusei: Bangin’ Summer [Final]

Doukyuusei: Bangin’ Summer is a banger even if not a perfect one, it is really an enjoyable and lighthearted experience.
    This is also a remake of an older game, which from the voices that I heard (not the ones in my head) it’s the first of it’s kind, so this could be the ancestor of all VN sandboxes.

The art style is marvelous, just soft and breathtaking, from the backgrounds to the sprites and cgi, for the backgrounds you can even check details which are a lot, and the atmosphere of the 90s is still present as nostalgic and captivating as always.

The VAs do an amazing job from the female to male ones, and so is the writing smooth and simple.
    The game is full of that humor that can only describe as ”Japanese eroge humor”, rich of wackines, horny jokes and some clever ones, you’ll immediately understand if it’s your thing.

The game has a big cast of female characters, which I must say I didn’t dislike a single one, even if some were of course better than the others.
    They have all a personality and a storyline that keeps the player engaged.
    The male characters are weird, they sound more like stereotypes for the most part, but the weirdest one is the MC, it’s literally a funny dumbass (And also the biggest pervert in game), sometimes I found myself laughing at his jokes or cringing or even totally disliking his behavior, but he gets somewhat of a character development with the endings which shows how much he grew as a person.

Now for the gameplay… It’s a sandbox VN style, the Sandbox part is done well-ish, you’ll sure have go around places, searching for events or clicking multiple times to reach a certain hour of the day, but fear not the game has an Easy mode which tells you where the events happen (and also which choices are the good ones), that makes the game less annoying in terms of wandering, but you’ll still sadly wander cuz some events are railroadead with anothers or happen at some weird hour in a specific place.
    The worst part of the sandbox is definitely the movement, you either need to direct the protagonist with the mouse by pressing the right button or using the keyboard arrows, and it’s super clunky, and you will surely enter in place you didn’t want to go, but fortunately if you press the left mouse button you can quick travel from place to place.

And now for the bad, the one that I knew it would had happened and still disappointed me, even if the game has a quality and quantity of girls, not all the love interests are treated equally , sadly some have less events than the other, in the intro you can clearly see who is considered main and side girl.
    The best milf has 3 events and one sex scenes, yes I kid you not, and that sex scene lasts 5 seconds, it ain’t even fappable even if still gorgeous.
    The endings somewhat fix this issue making some actually heartwarming, but still if you aren’t interested in characters like Mai (which personally I liked but it was my least favorite) and are more interested in side character, you’ll be kinda disappointed.
    Also the game doesn’t really tell you when a route is finished if you are not with Easy mode enabled, so there is that.

Also the sex scenes, yeah they are surely beautiful, but if you are here to fap, you will get blue balls for sure, this aren’t long and some don‘t even end with a climax and end immediately for plot reasons.

Other small nitpick that doesn’t affect at all the review but I wanted to say anyways, the overworld is pixelated, in marvelous way, so why the hell the character sprites look chonky and goofy like bad paper figurines?
    It kinda bothered me, but that’s just a weird nitpick.

So overall do I recommend it?
    Of course I do!
    even with its flaws the game remains a banger, a really good experience for passing the time and most importantly it the best sandbox that I have played recently.
    So if you want play it, do it, you’ll have a great time, and at the end of it, you’ll surely want more.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Gray1611

A nice short game, with multiple waifu's to woo and collect.
    The art is pretty great and every girl is unique enough in their own way even if they do touch all the stereotypes.

Reason I won't give it 5 stars is cause the difference in endings is quite big as some girls got a really good one and others are just plain dissapointing. Besides that its also pretty annoying some girls route locks others so you have to reload earlier back or play through it a second time even if you can jump to scenes.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

nnnnnmmmm

Good game, lot's of characters and stories. Some characters better than others and some stories that feel unfinised. But overall a good game.

It has a lot of playtime if you don't skip any storie and don't really skip map walks and such. I recommend also checking out random locations around the map that are not really listed as anything special as they often hold a suprise encounter or having a small event. Wether this is a good or bad event.

Overall in my opinion this is for sure a game worth playing if you have any interest in Dating Sims or enjoy a good story. However if you're looking for a quick fap this is not a game you should be playing.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

alex211

Debated some time on whether to rate 4 or 5 stars, but after thinking about it I'll go 5. The art is just absolutely stunning. It's not a quick fap game, but the build up is quite nice on some things. It plays exactly like an old dating sim would and I love that type of game play. You have a month to find the girl you like and win her over. It has some negatives but nothing game breaking.

Positive:
    - The Art
    - Dating Sim Style Game
    - The girls are unique enough that they're not just CTRL C + V with different art.
    - Hot voice actors
    - Dialogue isn't terrible and quite enjoyable
    - Comedy is nice
    - Lots of girls and different types of bodies. MILF, Teen, Atheletic, Lolish.
    - A good amount of Netori content!! Was surprised by this a lot.

Netural:
    - MC is a dick and takes awhile to get better in most cases. He's very generic 90's MC gonna get some poon. Don't really love that archetype.
    - No walkthrough or guide that I could find from a quick google search. Had to figure out things by myself. I still don't get half the things in it.
    - NTR content. There's some netori and regular stuff (I think). At least there's hints that you could get cucked and one of the girls you chase definitely dates someone else if you don't finish her route.

Negative:
    - Movement is dogshit but it's mostly fixed by being able to open the map and click where you want to go.
    - Censored
    - Lot of confusing things and missable events. Legit you have to write stuff down because the game doesn't put info anywhere. If you have a date with a girl you gotta remember time and date or it's missed and you fucked yourself for the route.
    - Game takes FOREVER to advance. 30 days. Can only skip 8 hours a day. I did a quick mid game to end because i wanted to see how a girl's route ended, but it took AGES. I feel like the game wants you to harem it up and pick who's ending you want at the end screen, but apparently there's in game events that fuck you over for doing that too? What do you want game?!?!

Overall, it's miles ahead on 90% of the crap in New anyway. The art is nice and the romance is there. I wish there were more H- Scenes, but what it has is hot either way. I've only full finished one gal, but there's like 10+, so there's a lot of time to spend.