Luderos

Game Developer
Jul 20, 2020
DownOnTheFarm.gif

Overview:
Down On The Farm is an adult 3D role-playing game set in an immersive world with a focus on realtime gameplay, including breeding, combat, and relationship elements.​

Thread Updated: 2021-03-01
Release Date: 2021-02-28
Developer: Luderos Games -
Censored: No
Version: 0.2.0 Demo
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - -

DotF Kitty.jpg DotF Cat.jpg DotF Wildcat.jpg DotF Wildcat Pregnant.jpg K-female.jpg K-male.jpg walk.jpg fight1.jpg inventory.jpg npctype.jpg

Last edited:

Luderos

Game Developer
Jul 20, 2020
Since breeding seems to be the core feature, it'd be great to have a wide variety of mixed races in upcoming updates.
There will definitely be a variety of npc types, and I hope to also include the mixing or passing on of physical attributes (breast size for example). For mixing races, do you mean something like half-cat/half-dog mix?

those stares pierce my soul, literally.

I wonder how would this play in Vr :unsure:
Eep! Sorry about the soul piercing! (Luckliy, the one sex scene is from behind!) I do want to experiment with a VR build eventually though.

This isn't half-bad for an initial release.

The only real complaint I have is that you can't skip the introduction or at least make the text go faster. Since there isn't saves yet, you'll have to sit through the slow, 5-minute conversation every time you start the game.

Other than that, good work!
Thanks! And yes, saving and speeding up the text are basically the next things on the to-do list. I probably should have added it before, but I didn't think people would really play through the demo more than once.

ASDF_THE_Epic

Sep 6, 2018
the movement is a bit choppy and the text speed is slow but other than that this is a good game
look forward for more in the future

hatrix

Jan 14, 2018
For some reason, after I slap Pounce and she says something, I can no longer slap after that no matter what I do, effectively soft-locking the game. Tried two times (having to restart and go through the entire intro again) and it happened both times. The game seems interesting and I would be down to play it, but the intro being so long and unskippable makes me not want to try again. Even just being able to save after the intro would help.

Another small thing, having a way to move faster, like using the shift key to sprint, would be very welcome. I appreciate anything in the furry space that allows me to play as a human male (or any game that allows me to play as a human male, for that matter), so I will be watching this game closely.

Luderos

Game Developer
Jul 20, 2020
For some reason, after I slap Pounce and she says something, I can no longer slap after that no matter what I do, effectively soft-locking the game.
Thanks for giving it a try! Were you still able to move around? Did you happen to try to open your inventory or options menu? Just trying to see if the issue is with the attack or the controls.

hatrix

Jan 14, 2018
Thanks for giving it a try! Were you still able to move around? Did you happen to try to open your inventory or options menu? Just trying to see if the issue is with the attack or the controls.
Yes, I tried pretty much everything I could. I was able to move around and open menus just fine, but left-clicking to slap does nothing. I did notice that the attack goes on cooldown after use so perhaps it's something having to do with its cooldown coinciding with Pounce's text? Not a programmer, just a stab in the dark.

Reactions: Luderos

derpdude115

Mar 12, 2020
I had the same issue, after you use slap even without hitting them, still stops you from slapping despite trying to do so again

DoodlesTheBob

Aug 23, 2018
During the fight sequence, I couldn't attack. The L-key didn't seem to do anything and pressing T fixed it for some reason. After hitting T, I could then left click to smack.

After the fight, it seems like the sex sequence caused an incredible amount of system lag. Maybe a queue system for clicks and some logic to discard / garbage collect what the queue can't accommodate? I'm running a AMD 5600x and a Rtx 3080 so that isn't a low end system.

It seems as if changing the resolution or graphics quality was impossible. No attempts to change that or change into window mode seemed to stick.

Movement felt clunky. Gaining momentum on the first step felt uncomfortable and the pace felt slow, hopefully there will be a jog/walk toggle added. To feel snappy, I generally recommend that stopping occurs proportionally. Like if it takes 6 frames to reach the top of the speed limit for the PC, it should take 3 frames to drop to a dead stop. If starting is instant, stopping should be instant.

From a game developer standpoint, I would suggest you keep the vertical slice format you've got going and keep working out the nuts and bolts. Maybe a focus on sex animations like WildLife is, to draw donation revenues. Make your additional species, see if you need additional bones or facial morphs to make things work the way you want.

The story/romance is great stuff, but without pregnancy and statistics / quest flags figured out, you would get stuck in a huge loop of having to retrofit the save system and fix old story content to respect new systems.

Think about saving now and start designing towards it, otherwise it will be hours upon hours of revisiting your old work.

Now for the praise: I like your attention to detail. That your characters in both cases actually undressed themselves is very promising. I feel like the characters will look and feel organic. That's much better than a bunch of fade-to-black segments strung together... Or two people warping into sex positions after a dialogue exit. Keep up the good work on transitory animations and this will have a strong relationship/romance vibe.

Last edited:

DoodlesTheBob

Aug 23, 2018
There will definitely be a variety of npc types, and I hope to also include the mixing or passing on of physical attributes (breast size for example). For mixing races, do you mean something like half-cat/half-dog mix?

Eep! Sorry about the soul piercing! (Luckliy, the one sex scene is from behind!) I do want to experiment with a VR build eventually though.

Thanks! And yes, saving and speeding up the text are basically the next things on the to-do list. I probably should have added it before, but I didn't think people would really play through the demo more than once.
I would say low hanging fruit would be the way to go with the breeding. Transfer a parent head hair, eye color, maybe the tail could be a good means by which to express hybridization? Most main animal species have pretty distinct tails. Cock shape, too. Barbed, knotted, flared, humanoid.

If you get into trying to merge species and their facial features, you would need to make that decision now. If that is how far you want to go with it, you would be best served adding extra bones now and then adding morph targets to create cats/horses/cows/canines/foxes/cats from that generic "default" face. This would make all the cross-species math a lot easier to work with later. A system of that sort is used in Fek's Rack 2, which you could crib inspiration from if you wanted.

Perhaps a new game plus feature, where the player can restart the game utilizing the form of one of the children they sired/birthed. Previous inventory inherited, alternative start that skips the prologue, and a bit of randomization of the NPCs? If the player character can help other characters fall in love/hook up, new game+ could feature the offspring of "paired" NPCs to take over the job/role of their parent.

Just spitballing.

Pusspuss

Feb 18, 2018
I really want to play this game, but I get stuck at the slapping part. I will stand back and wait until there is a more stable build of the game, but this looks like it could really be something amazing.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote