RPGM Downfall: A Story of Corruption [v0.14.1 Beta] [Aperture Studio]

4.00 star(s) 53 Votes

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
Yeah I find the advancement to be troublesome to grasp, sometimes it seems to be finishing all the quest's or moving all of them to there furthest point before advancement.

Sometimes i think it is maybe a certain number of day's or sleep events. Hard for me (<<<Note the for me!) to figure what to do next a lot of the time.

I know it does cause me to repeat a lot of things trying to find the next stage in the game.

I guess following a walk-through is probably the best way to advance, but I dislike alt-Tabbing constantly to make sure I am doing the right thing.

Still over all a lot of well thought out humiliation, and hot sexual encounter's when you find them.

I have had a lot of fun with this one too.
I'm trying to be sympathetic and imagine how this is confusing, but just follow the quest log seems to be reasonable to me. The only caveat to that is that some quests need to be advanced before others, but the game does tell you that.

As far as traversing the map, this is a GAME and not a pure VN novel, the mechanics are fairly simple there as well, there are very few locations all have a bus stop/teleporter to the area you need to go. The only thing I find annoying is some of the doors to apartments you need to into aren't clearly marked from afar.

Last edited:

taglag

Aug 6, 2019
I'm trying to be sympathetic and imagine how this is confusing, but just follow the quest log seems to be reasonable to me. The only caveat to that is that some quests need to be advanced before others, but the game does tell you that.

As far as traversing the map, this a GAME and not a pure VN novel, the mechanics are fairly simpole there as well, there are very few locations all have a bus stop/teleporter to the are you need to go. The only thing I find annoying is some of the doors to apartments you need to into aren't clearly marked from afar.
Yeah! I guess you're right.

But I find myself or found my self first and second time trying to move through the game, and going to a quest that said to do this or that, only to find out it was still undo-able or stopped because it was waiting for something else to be done.

Then moving to another quest and finding the same thing.

Eventually I would either sleep or find a quest that moved or advanced the game, but for me <<<(NOTE THE FOR ME)
It meant getting a lot of "this quest is ended" (Or something like that) before finally figuring out what I needed to do.

I personally could use maybe a little more if possible "Can't do this until you advance "Blank"" quest or "You advance the Main quest" some thing similar to that.

Early on I would get one of those RED quest stopped dialogue's and figure I just needed to wait for and update to move on.

I have sense having played this game even in it's early editions enough that I know to just keep looking, and trying thing's until thing's begin to move again.

But because of my early misunderstandings about how to move forward in the quest line, I can understand how many people can get frustrated.

A very good game, I like it a lot, but I know how easy it can be to get lost as to what to do next in most any game.

Sissycuck111

May 8, 2023
incredibly underwhelming after such a long time of waiting. Very disappointing. I will probably wait until several updates happen before playing again and the gallery is missing a lot of scenes still.
Just so you are aware I tried this and went over a year and the development barely budged. I don't see a happy ending for us here because it's just so darn stagnant. I have 8 or 9 quests open and they all say advance another quest but nothing fires. I'll probably wash my hands of this unfortunately.

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
Just so you are aware I tried this and went over a year and the development barely budged. I don't see a happy ending for us here because it's just so darn stagnant. I have 8 or 9 quests open and they all say advance another quest but nothing fires. I'll probably wash my hands of this unfortunately.
damn, that sucks. I haven't played it that long but long enough to see how slowly its going. Its really to bad because I like the game.... just seems like just another dev milking people. Why I no longer support games until they are finished which unfortunately don't help the devs that are actually going to finish their games.... just wish I knew which devs those were.

DpDp

Sep 12, 2020
Anyone l knows how to get the motel scene ?
Meet the don become a gang member
And he'll assign Jane to work with his worker
Work for him (Tdog the guy living in appartments in scum)
And continue the story progress along the other side
Go and check on him after finishing "anal training" quest in afternoon
And continue the main story progress
One day Tdog will ask jane to deliver a drug to his client "so there it is" this scene will happen after *dating with alex*

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaoshin

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
Seriously? Start from the beginning and play all the way through and you can see how far the MC has come. It may not seem that far going from update to update but overall the MC has had quite a transformation. Don't listen to other people who always accuse devs of "milking" they seem to go thread to thread and accuse every dev of milking.

This title does not have a huge team of people behind it, and the fact the dev keeps up a fairly consistent update schedule is impressive.

Last edited:

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
Seriously? Start from the beginning and play all the way through and you can see how far the MC has come. It may not seem that far going from update to update but overall the MC has had quite a transformation. Don't listen to other people who always accuse devs of "milking" they seem to go thread to thread and accuse every dev of milking.

This title does not have a huge team of people behind it, and the fact the dev keeps up a fairly consistent update schedule is impressive.
right so no dev milks people. Those dozens of devs that took money from people and then abandoned their games didn't milk people? I would say a large portion of the games on this site are abandoned... so many in fact that they have a sort function to weed out those games.

Its really too bad they don't have a sort function for devs who have multiple abandoned games so people know to stay away but hey you keep kissing dev rear end and I will keep going after devs who seem to care more about making money off people then actually working on their game.

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
right so no dev milks people. Those dozens of devs that took money from people and then abandoned their games didn't milk people? I would say a large portion of the games on this site are abandoned... so many in fact that they have a sort function to weed out those games.

Its really too bad they don't have a sort function for devs who have multiple abandoned games so people know to stay away but hey you keep kissing dev rear end and I will keep going after devs who seem to care more about making money off people then actually working on their game.
You have your opinion and I'm not going to try and change it. My opinion is very few devs actually "milk" there Patreons and if people feel like the updates are to slow they can cancel there Patreons. I have canceled many Patreons when the updates did not come out at a pace I liked or the dev decided to rework a game.

Sometime updates are slow, take the "arguably" best VN on here "Being A DIK" it gets updated "once a year" but the content is very robust and it takes time to create. In it's 14,800+ pages very few if any fans are accusing the dev of milking.

Aperture Studio is tiny and I doubt it's a full time gig, but they are consistent even if it's not as fast as we would like. Also the quality of the updates is generally good imo (if the content truly sucked we wouldn't be here) and it leaves us wanting more.

Writing, programming, creating art and bug fixing takes time, I give them that time by going to play something else while I wait.

Now, none of that is going to change your opinion, however I see the same suspects thread after thread accusing a ton of devs as milking, which I think is unfair. Do some devs milk? Hell yes I can name two off the top of my head (Fetish Locator) and (A New Dawn) The first was is marked complete and it is still drip feeding out it's endings and the second drip feeds out bug fixes with no new content. That's milking.

Downfall: a Story of corruption has slow updates but consistent updates, and quality content. I loved the last update, the story had a nice twist and even people who are on here regularly can't say they saw that coming and it's the same story every single time. The developer has also gotten much better with communication on Patreon and you can see him attempting to put out content faster. I applaud him/them not accuse them of milking.

Last edited:

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
You have your opinion and I'm not going to try and change it. My opinion is very few devs actually "milk" there Patreons and if people feel like the updates are to slow they can cancel there Patreons. I have canceled many Patreons when the updates did not come out at a pace I liked or the dev decided to rework a game.

Sometime updates are slow, take the "arguably" best VN on here "Being A DIK" it gets updated "once a year" but the content is very robust and it takes time to create. In it's 14,800+ pages very few if any fans are accusing the dev of milking.

Aperture Studio is tiny and I doubt it's a full time gig, but they are consistent even if it's not as fast as we would like. Also the quality of the updates is generally good imo (if the content truly sucked we wouldn't be here) and it leaves us wanting more.

Writing, programming, creating art and bug fixing takes time, I give them that time by going to play something else while I wait.

Now, none of that is going to change your opinion, however I see the same suspects thread after thread accusing a ton of devs as milking, which I think is unfair. Do some devs milk? Hell yes I can name two of the top of my head (Fetish Locator) and (A New Dawn) The first was is marked complete and it is still drip feeding out it's endings and the second drip feeds out bug fixes with no new content. That's milking.

Downfall: a Story of corruption has slow updates but consistent updates, and quality content. I loved the last update, the story had a nice twist and even people who are on here regularly can't say they saw that coming and it's the same story every single time. The developer has also gotten much better with communication on Patreon and you can see him attempting to put out content faster. I applaud him/them not accuse them of milking.
Oh forgot that the gallery sucks sure would be nice if some time was spent on that but considering how slow everything is I don't see that happening.

Reactions: wildride69

CutieLvr

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2020
Since the "strange neighbors" will be exploring Jane's darkest fantasies, will that include bestiality? dogs? horses? Will they have her sneak into her parents bedroom and suck and eventually fuck her "stepfather"? Or her "brother"? Will she be made to endure gangbangs and exposing herself in public? How dark will these dark fantasies get? Would love to know.

It would also be helpful if you could improve on the mechanics of the game. We/I have to click so much between frames that it become very tedious and boring. There is a lot of talking, which in itself is okay, but, you have to click so much between frames that you just get tired trying to get to the next good scene.

So much clicking just to get from one textbox to the next..........

Last edited:

Ravnen

Dec 25, 2020
Since the "strange neighbors" will be exploring Jane's darkest fantasies, will that include bestiality? dogs? horses? Will they have her sneak into her parents bedroom and suck and eventually fuck her "stepfather"? Or her "brother"? Will she be made to endure gangbangs and exposing herself in public? How dark will these dark fantasies get? Would love to know.

It would also be helpful if you could improve on the mechanics of the game. We/I have to click so much between frames that it become very tedious and boring. There is a lot of talking, which in itself is okay, but, you have to click so much between frames that you just get tired trying to get to the next good scene.

So much clicking just to get from one textbox to the next..........
The furthest Ive seen em go, is some bdsm..

4.00 star(s) 53 Votes