Download failed - virus scan failed - please help me fix this

Tataro

Mar 27, 2018
Can someone help me stop this from happening? Whenever I try to download a game it downloads then instantly gets nuked due to failing virus scan. I know there's no virus in it ffs. How do I stop this permanently?

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
If your problem is that your antivirus blocks your downloads, then you need to configure the settings of whatever antivirus you are using no? Some more information and screenshots would be nice.
What kind of antivirus you are using, what type of OS you are using, what kind of browser you are using, screenshots displaying the problem. Those sorta things. :giggle::coffee:

Tataro

Mar 27, 2018
If your problem is that your antivirus blocks your downloads, then you need to configure the settings of whatever antivirus you are using no? Some more information and screenshots would be nice.
What kind of antivirus you are using, what type of OS you are using, what kind of browser you are using, screenshots displaying the problem. Those sorta things. :giggle::coffee:
None save windows defender. I'm really not good at computers lol.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
None save windows defender. I'm really not good at computers lol.
First need to figure out which version of windows you are using, at the bottom left corner of your screen there is a window icon.
Right click on it and from the menu select: System
A window will open, scroll down a bit and you'll see: "Windows Specifications"
Under that you'll see: "Edition" and across it, it should tell you which windows yours is, something like "Windows 10 Home" or "Windows 11"

After that you can go to a search engine such as google or duckduckgo and type something like: "Windows X is blocking my downloads" or "Windows X Defender is blocking my downloads"
The search should display sites with various guides that could be helpful in solving your problem.
From there you can just try various solutions presented by those sites until you find one that solves your problem. :giggle::coffee:

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Go to windows control panel and look for Windows defender, it should have a log of programs quarantined, there you are able to undo his actions or allow specific threats.

Reactions: anne O'nymous

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Go to windows control panel and look for Windows defender, it should have a log of programs quarantined, there you are able to undo his actions or allow specific threats.
And probably also understand why it happen.

I find it strange that it happen constantly. Except RPG Maker, that have less version, there's enough variety for a false positive to not be systematic. And the same can be said for the hosting site. While there's some that are used more often, there's enough variety for not being due to a blacklisting.

fitgirlbestgirl

Jul 27, 2017
Screenshot (1941).png

You probably have that turned on if I had to guess.

Screenshot (1942).png

Or it's one of those. Basically turn off all the extra shit except Real-time protection.

Last edited:
Reactions: anne O'nymous