VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Dr. Amana, Sexual Therapist [v2.0.0P] [Ianvs]

1. 5.00 star(s)

cleanfeel

Wow. This game blows everything out of the water. I've been playing h-games, both english and japanese for a few years now. Probably gone through hundreds of titles. The sheer creativity and realism in the dialog, the maturity of the scenarios, the build up of the sex scenes, and the execution of it. Everything is done perfectly.

There is no other game in the world that does characterization and writing as well as you. You clearly wrote each character to have her own story without it being copy pasta. Everything is planned meticulously. Not a single word of dialog is a wasted filler. I especially love the two sides of Jane that you introduced. Just her alone is worth it. I can't wait to see your NTR content. I know you'll do something spectacular.

If you ever start taking donations via gift cards, let me know. Patreon currently doesn't allow it. PM me! Good work should be rewarded.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

blus

Through out the game, I found out that is was very good, shame is not finished yet, because I was so into the story, each character seems to be very full and with a lot of potential. A thing that I want to specially address is that I feel that this game might join this like "any games like this one" type genre that has grown in f95, because all of those games have this unique, and innovative story line feeling that gives you. And this game manages to accomplish that kind of structure to make it different from the others.
    Very good game. Hope to see it progress in no time. Congrats.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Nulleins

Render quality is rock solid and well made.

The Character look unique, have intersting and likeable personalities, and good dialogue.

The story is interesting. Grammar and writing is good.

All in all I would say it is a real gem among the many adult games.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

kkai

Review of v.1.0.4

While there isn't a whole lot of content yet, what is there is excellent and promises future greatness. There is currently only one real sex scene and it is pretty underwhelming. Personally, I'd rather have sex scenes with more commentary and description and yet use stills than just an animation.

Aside from that, however, I love pretty much everything else about the game. My only other significant complaint is the inability to adjust the MC's given name and surname. I had to mod it in myself. I suspect this decision was based on the intent of the author to have a series of patients in multiple episodes and therefore it not necessarily make sense to let the player name them (presumably the same name). I don't care, I like setting the name. I find it very jarring otherwise.

The MC is an adult male, experienced and intelligent. This is by far my favorite form of MC and I hope future patients of the Amana series will be the same or similar.

The female leads all show promise. I particularly like Monica and the three girls. Each of them have distinct and interesting personalities except, so far, the wife who we don't really get to know much at all yet. The models are all quite good and I find all of them attractive (although Dr. Amana somewhat less so, though that's obviously very subjective).

The mechanics are simple but effective, leading each female character down one of two paths or disabling them entirely. The intention to let players tune their experience is a laudable one. Currently you can enable/disable pregnancies and NTR.

The story is original and very compelling and the dialogue is excellent. It very much needs a good editing pass as there are a lot of spelling errors, but aside from such errors the English is very well composed. While Dr. Amana's dialogue is currently fairly limited, I very much enjoyed the patient/Dr. experience so far. It felt spot on.

I am greatly looking forward to playing more content. Despite plans for multiple patients, I very much hope the author will put a lot more content into this patient, as it is shaping up to be one hell of a great game.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

With this being the beginnings of a first in a series presumably revolving around a therapist I'd say it's off to a very good start. The main character is written in a way that's believably intelligent armed with logic and sage-like advice that's convincing enough that it's making me rethink my own lifestyle and choices in some moments, and he's not even the therapist. I'm excited to see how Doctor Amana herself develops if we ever let her get more than a word or two in.
    All of the characters are remarkably individual as opposed to some titles that stick to a specific type of woman, and I mean that both physically and in personality. And their personalities are multifaceted too, giving you a taste of different sides of them depending on how you speak to them.
    With the option to turn on or off both NTR (off please) and pregnancy (er... on. Why not?) and the choice to pursue the ladies in different ways or not at all, it really does feel like there's something here for most people barring some of the more extreme or weirder fetishes such as futa or mind control. I mean a hypno-rape power granting succubus with a dick for a clit turning up and pissing in the main character's mouth is possible I guess, but it feels very very unlikely. Ahem... where was I?
    On top of the good writing and very welcomed and seemingly far from unforgiving branching and choices, this visual novel is also bringing some very nice renders to the table with impressively animated sex scenes as the cherry on the top.
    The only thing I think I could ask more of is the ability to choose or switch sexual positions as opposed to just which camera angle to view the scene from, but that's just me being greedy.

I'm very excited to see where this goes.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

ghost_terror

A decent and interestingly writen game where diffent choices are fun to explore and aren't necessarily punishing. You actually get to see how characters react to you through dialogue and two main paths, usually the naughty or the nice path. Either path is rewarding and the game isn't a simple "choose to see a scene or not", instead letting you experience it differently depending on your choise of dialogue. Good looking renders too.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Wookie

Excellent work so far!
    I haven't played it in the early (pre rewrite) version but am thoroughly enjoying this version, though it is early days in the story development.

Loving Jane, she is HOTTTT!!! Obviously I am a fan of the smaller framed, smaller boobed characters so please keep the Jane content (and similar) coming. :)(y)
  8. 4.00 star(s)

botc76

The do-over was a setback. Perfectly understandable from the devs pov, but nonetheless a dry period for the players.

By now the game is back to its strengths again though.
    Good renders, a very diverse cast, including some that we haven't seen in every other game on this site, humour, very different ways to play, your character can be an arse, a nice guy etc..

There are so many girls that you will find one for every taste, but personally I strive for the harem.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

The Wicked One

I have been meaning to update this score for a while, apologies. But after seeing what you've done with DAST lately, I take back what I said. This game has become something great! Keep up the good work!
  10. 5.00 star(s)

BeastMaster59

My Rating of this Game is:

Pros:
    -Nice Renders
    -Nice Story
    -lots of different scenes
    -like the animations
    -Action & Thriller
    -Long Game Play

Cons:
    -None

In my Opinion it is worth a download,
    I had alot of fun playing it.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

HandofVecna

-Played.
    -Overall Rating 4.5oz cream pie out of 5oz
    -Hardy well done to the developers!

-Excellent Writing. Really builds a strong story. It's meaty. Lots of legit choices makes it a real game not just a linear graphic novel with wasted one choice menu items that don't drive the game. Not clear yet where all these choices land us but hopefully they are remembered with ramifications later. No find the key on the table to unlock your wife's cabinet to go through her panty drawer or whatever which this writer is grateful for as I find those game tedious at times. Sex scenes give you some control through choice menu which adds another level of depth I wish more games would incorporate.

-Quality Renders throughout. Amanda and the Japanese coworker are personal favs. You do have a sex scene and additional nudity throughout so you can get the lotion ready from the start (beware though it takes awhile to get there). It teases a nice build up but also delivers some kicks. No animations which would have capped off an amazing visual game experience but the dev provides a fade work around for several situations that works for now. You might not let loose the juice from it but you should get hard. The game also does a good job of providing variety with each girl in personality and physical attributes including tit size and the dev is to be commended for again providing so much depth to the game. Cassie's, Jane and Amanda's hair choices are interesting and maybe a bit distracting. Hopefully future developments will allow the girls to perhaps change their hair but that is a personal quibble on my part.

-Only real con to the game is of course the prohibition on incest which can't be helped. Here you have a daughter Cassie who must be refereed to as the neighbors daughter who lives with you, which is understandable given the current ridiculous environment against consensual 18 year old 3D rendered incest (wtf). But the other hitch is that the writing at times confuses you into thinking oh she is my daughter wink wink and then oh no she isn't my daughter she really is my neighbors daughter...meh. This pops the incest fantasy work around you build in your head and becomes a bit distracting.

Great job overall!
  12. 5.00 star(s)

rakeshraj116

Excellent game. Unique way of story telling. Lupita is the BEST!!! The new renders are looking great. Hope to see a new update very very soon.

Dr. Amana, Sexual Therapist, is, according to me, one of the best games in this site. And with the game engine being Ren'py makes the player to explore all the different paths easier. Easier to save and easier to load.
  13. 4.00 star(s)

Catwashere

Like the other reviews this game is indeed really good and should be giving a try. The art is well done with the girls looking good along with a very unique story i have not seen in other games.

Art 8/10
    Story 8.5/10
    Character 9/10
    Sex 7/10
  14. 4.00 star(s)

moudy

The dev has been asking for the players to give out their opinion about the game so here I am with mine. Be warned though, I am a Patreon to this game so my opinions might be biased because of that. That being said though, I do not become a Patreon if I do not like the game in the first place.

Anyway, enough with the stalling, here is my review of version 0.9

Story 3/5 -> So, the story here is that you play as a male person talking to a Therapist about your problem and the therapist is apparently telling the story in the future. (Kinda like the movie Cloverfield where you watch something that has already happened.) However as a game goes, this is kinda like an "Choose Your Own Adventure" kind of game. You want to romance your self into the girls? You have that option. You want to be more of a Dominant person? You have that as well. However, once you get past the initial intro, the therapist is not that important and kinda gets forgotten. This has both its benefits as well as its downsides. The benefit is that you do not have to go through the talks with the therapist and just jump straight in. The downside is that since this is also an open world in the sense that you choose who to talk about in what order and what not, the story becomes cluttered without context, and becomes like a lot of mini stories without context to the big picture. The dev though has said that they have plans to clean the game up once it hits beta so it will be interesting to see how all those stories tie up together with the therapist session(s?)

Dialog choices 5/5 -> Dialog choices in this game are excellent. Do you want to be Submissive? You can do that. Do you want to be more dominant? That option is out there as well. This is on a good track to become just as good as the game "My Legacy" was in regards to choices in game. Best of all is that no matter what you choose, there are no hidden "Wrong choice = Game over" options, just like it should be.
    The menu though is not that fantastic but the dev has stated that the menu is getting a redo once it hits beta so it will get cleaned up in order to not mess with the game too much so saves are compatible through Alpha testing. Considering that is the only problem I have with the dialog choices I think we are in good hands.

Sexual Content+spelling 4/5 -> Spelling is fantastic and you have alot of sexual content with the girls. Though it could always get better, for example with more actual sex scenes, but then again, the stories for some of the girls are short and not that far developed yet so you will probably get more in the future, and thus getting the extra point available.

Domination/bdsm 4/5 -> Most girls have the option to be somewhat dominant towards, whether it being that you take control and force them to do something for your own benefit, or force them to wait until you are ready to have fun with them.
    The game does lack in the bdsm department though but it can get the extra point through the domination part if it continues in that direction in later updates.

Pregnancy 0/5 -> It's quite simple actually. So far you cannot get any girl pregnant. You are a father though so it has potential to touch up on that department, either through conversations about the past with your wife, or simply by getting other girls pregnant. Until that happens though, it gets no points.

Overall this means that this game gets 16 points out of 25, resulting in 64% or 4 stars. This game has lots of potential so it will be interesting to see where it develops from here.

My star system:
    0-20% -> 1 star
    20-40% -> 2 star
    40-60% -> 3 star
    60-80% -> 4 star
    80-100% -> 5 star
  15. 5.00 star(s)

UncleVT

Played v. 0.7.1
    Very well written and the stories are very interesting and different from each other depending on the character. Also within each one you can choose at least 2 paths. It manages to leave with desire of much more which is quite an achievement.
    It shows in the Devs planning and passion which always improves.
    The renderings are very good and there is a great variety of characters, which can be chosen or passed.
    Maybe I would like the paths to cross a little more, but at this stage it may not be possible or perhaps, to maintain the possibility of choice, never do so.
  16. 4.00 star(s)

Lotex

It's not easy to judge a game this early in development, but I'll try to give some impressions anyway since I have no doubt that this game will become something big and awesome, if they keep this pace and quality and above else don't listen too much to all the "I demand this and that" people. Having said that it's still important to listen to your playerbase though and some of the people may not be patrons, but it's still a good idea to take them serious, even if they don't pay for your work, but I have no doubt that you guys are clever enough to make the most out of all the love, but also the contructive criticism. Now on to the actual review.

It's early in development, but we already have quite a few unique a loveable characters.

There's your wife with whom you've become somewhat estranged over the last few years.

You have your cheeky teenage daughter Cassie, confused by feelings for a mysterious guy that she's known for years, but with whom she has a difficult relationship or rather who she'd have a hard time with if he wouldn't return her feelings.

You have your daughters two friends Amanda and Jane, I don't know/remember too much about the former, but she seems like your typcail cute girl, maybe a little bit on the shy side while Jane is already somewhat of a femme fatale, very alluring but also somewhat dangerous. Being cautious around her is in order, otherwise you might burn yourself on this sexy little minx.

You have your maid Lupita, an honest and hard-working lady who seems to be willing to go to some length to give her son a good life and to make sure that he lacks nothing. She's the girl of choice for people who are into racy latinas.

You have your boss, a lady who knows exactly what she wants and how she gets it and for now she wants to rise ranks in your company, with your help of course. How will your relationship play out, will you win or lose the struggle for power and dominance, will you leave the reins to her of will you show her who's in charge?

Last but not least you have your personal trainer, a new one for the matter since the old one left. She seems like a nice and genuine person, looking for something serious, but also not aversed to having some fun until she settles down. Can you resist the temptation or are you rather going to taste some sweet dark chocolate?

It really peaked my interest and for now I'll give the game 4/5, but that doesn't mean that the game can't get or doesn't deserve 5/5, it's just not enough content to justify the 5th star, but as I said: I have no doubt that the devs can make me change the review.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

Dedingsda

Version 0.5.1

Of course, like the introduction says, there isn't enough in the game yet to rate it fairly. It is only the introduction of all the girls, and a little preview towards the story possibilities. And those are great. I like the girls, the storys and the relationships.
    I hope it will get his updates. This could become one huge and great game.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

Shushmo

Little content to go on, but the format of the storytelling is very unique. Enjoying the therapist/patient explanation of events so far. Each individual story left me wanting more. I look forward to being able to explore each avenue further in future updates.
  19. 4.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs...

(01/04/2018 - Original Review - v0.1.0 Alpha)

Well, not much in this one, and I can already tell it may end up having the over used Family Sex stuff in it...

The visuals, although not many, are not bad... The characters look crisp and clear, same with the backdrops...

The script is super short and doesn't appear to have any spelling or grammar errors that I noticed... The plot seems rather simple, a doctor is discussing about her patients and it appears she plans to tell her patients stories... And of course, it starts with Patient 01, which is the actual title on the main menu... I'll assume based on that title, this VN/Game will focus on the one patient... This is a extremely early development VN/game with not much in it... But the patient (male protagonist) starts off with talking about his daughter and her 2 women friends, and after doing a few things, some of which involve him showing off in front of all 3 women, the story stops...

Overall, it has decent visuals but all in all is just a short introduction... If not for the hint that this VN/Game was going to be about characters with high sexual appetites I'ld say it showed some promise... But if it's already starting off with a nude shot and being about a guy with a high desire for sex, I get a sneaking suspicion that the focus of this one may go down the porn game route more then the deep and immersive story route... But it is too early to say for certain... Will I try this one again someday? Perhaps once it's a good couple versions into it, then I may give it another go, if not just to see if it is proceeding as predicted, or I may be very pleasantly surprised and this VN/Game will have the right balance of erotic stuff and deep story... Only time will tell...

(01/13/2018 - Updated Review - v0.3.0)

Tried out the latest updates and it is pretty much more of the same, as more characters are introduced through further conversations between the doctor and the male protagonist... The story itself has yet to begin progressing beyond introduction of new characters... Once the character intros are done and more story based content begins rolling out, i'll definitely revisit this one...

(01/22/2018 - Updated Review - v0.5.1)

Tried out the newest update and went through all the character introductions... There are a few pictures, not many, that have a slight grainy look to them, but I've seen worse... I can see that the protagonist has the opportunity to either be straight forward with most characters and/or is turned on by most female characters... Overall I like the fact that the choices allow both directions to play out... There still isn't any plot beyond the introductions yet, so it's a bit tough to nail down what exact direction/s this VN/game will take... I still like what I've seen thus far and it still shows promise, just have to wait and see, once the ball gets rolling... I'll probably wait for a few more versions this time, before trying it again, to give time for more story to be added and find out what the author/s have planned beyond intros...

(03/10/2018 - Review Update - v0.8.1)

The latest updates since v0.5.1 up to the current one, have been pretty good... Each woman's story line has unique qualities and themes... One being more domineering/take control, one more romantic, one more risky/taking chances, and so on... And how each story line is broken up into easily selectable choices, is a simple and yet nice touch... Since technically they are all confessions during therapy sessions... I can't wait to see more, but as I did this go around, I'll wait for several more updates before doing a revisit... Give it time to grow and expand some more...