2D Drawing Stuff

Vicissitudo

Jun 23, 2020
Hello everyone!

First of all I hope this is the right section... I see most of the threads are about 3D art, so forgive me if is not!

I'm an amateur illustrator and back in the past I tried to improve my skills and draw a comic and various lewd illustrations, but I failed.
I dropped for several reasons, mostly for low self esteem but also lacking of free time which now I am forcing myself to find.
Motivation was also missing since the other forum where I was posting wasn't really active and didn't get much feedback...

It's been a long while since I wasn't drawing something... probably 2-3 years to be honest...
I lack a lot of technique and mostly a "personal" style but perhaps I'll get the motivation to attempt something again.
If I'll get good enough I'll start drawing erotic and lewd stuff too. Not yet tho, not yet.

> What I am aiming at: To improve overall my technique and eventually develop a simpler, more cartoonish style.

> What I am looking for here:
Criticism, hints and advice which can lead to improvement.

So this is my fist sketch, I'll post more later. Let me know what you think about it! :) Untitled-01.jpg

Last edited:

Vicissitudo

Jun 23, 2020
I don't know anything about drawing, but I like your sketches.
Thank you! :D

Right now I'm trying to improve my anatomy knowledge and make my style less "stiff", which is quite obvious if you look at it...
To do so I need to draw more and more (thing that I didn't do for a long while, as I said in the first post).

Later, when eventually it will become smoother, I'll try to develop a personal style (which for now I don't feel to have) and hopefully make something more cartoonish.

That's my idea to train myself but tips and advice from anyone (professional illustrators and non) it's welcome!

besimole

Nov 15, 2021
your style is very nice! I like.
The drawing of bodies is very realistic, I think many people like it, but personally I prefer a more cartoon style.
Just draw for fun, you're doing great.

Reactions: SofaDriftstar

besimole

Nov 15, 2021
Oh, I completely forgot. Can you post links to your social networks? Twitter or something.

Vicissitudo

Jun 23, 2020
your style is very nice! I like.
The drawing of bodies is very realistic, I think many people like it, but personally I prefer a more cartoon style.
Just draw for fun, you're doing great.
Oh, I completely forgot. Can you post links to your social networks? Twitter or something.
Thank you, I'm glad you like it!
I'd like to switch to a simpler more cartoonish style too, but I feel like I have to master basics first otherwise I'd end up drawing non-proportionate bodies which would just bug me. Anyway that's my final target and eventually using these skills to develop a more complex project (comic, game... we'll see...)

Anyway that's far away! Right now I just want to train myself and that's why every feedback it's very welcome!

About socials I'm afraid I haven't any. I've never been into it beside some basic facebook/instagrampersonal accounts.
So all you'll ever see of my "art" is here on this topic.

besimole

Nov 15, 2021
I recommend having pages in social, it seems a trifle or unnecessary, but still...
As soon as you have a page, be sure to let me know I will subscribe to you with:
The main thing is not to take criticism painfully like me. People are trying to help with criticism, I understand them, but sometimes I post works just to be praised, and I don't expect criticism in return. I see my mistakes myself and try to correct them in the future. Sorry, somehow I skidded to the side, hee hee.

Vicissitudo

Jun 23, 2020
wow you drawings are amazing, what software are you using to draw this?
Thanks but lately I wasn't able to draw anything unfortunately... I'm just too busy and can't find some spare time...
Anyway just using Photoshop and an Intuos Pro M, nothing fancy!