VN Ren'Py Abandoned Dream Hotel [Day 1-3 Patched] [GreenArcher]

3.50 star(s) 2 Votes

Jeheh

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Green Archer don't even worry arguing about it, some of those "players" commented the game so fast after the thread was released that I seriously doubt that they even played the game to know anything about it or have any reason to complain about it or how "original" the game can be. It happen in every game.

Just do your own things, develop your game and try to have fun while doing it.
Thanks for this dude, really mean it, that was becoming a bit too overwhelming and this message helped me out a bunch :)

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
* Room number 69? Subtle.

* Well, this setup doesn't strain my suspension of disbelief at all, no sirree Bob.

* Maria is awfully trusting

* Single option button. Rant over

* This guy seems different. Right.

* How did the MC figure out Mizuki just had a breakup? Did I miss something?

* I'm amazed some comely young woman didn't walk in on the MC in the shower. Perhaps a missed opportunity?

* Naomi's boobs are bigger than her head.

* Got an error:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 507, in script
    if fondled:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 507, in <module>
    if fondled:
NameError: name 'fondled' is not defined
* Are Naomi and Maria dressing like Japanese schoolgirls for a reason?

* Maria's bobs are pretty ridiculous too.

* Analistic Academy? Seriously?

* MC must be God's gift to women the way they're all reacting to him.

* At least Tiffany's boobs look normal.

* A chicken drumstick? MC is not only broke, but he has a tiny stomach as well.

* If I click :look at that ass" there's a brief image of Maria. Oh, and the choices continue repeating until I choose something else. Is that intentional?

* The cost of living must be ridiculous. A five dollar tip for a drumstick? And that's the low option?

* Oh yeah, no sense of how much money I have or if it's a factor.

* That's an abrupt ending. Perhaps a warning to save would be nice.

Sp, I'm not sure how I feel about this. I like the fact that the writing is direct and to the point, and despite my complaints I'm amused by the overall story. That being said, I also feel like this is something I won't necessarily enjoy as it moves forward as it seems things are too easy for hte MC in terms ofhis relationships wth the girl in the game. I personally prefer a little bit of a challenge in my games.

Still, I'll keep an eye on it. I do think it has some good potential.

Reactions: Jeheh and HorizonD

Jeheh

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
* Room number 69? Subtle.

* Well, this setup doesn't strain my suspension of disbelief at all, no sirree Bob.

* Maria is awfully trusting

* Single option button. Rant over

* This guy seems different. Right.

* How did the MC figure out Mizuki just had a breakup? Did I miss something?

* I'm amazed some comely young woman didn't walk in on the MC in the shower. Perhaps a missed opportunity?

* Naomi's boobs are bigger than her head.

* Got an error:

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 507, in script
    if fondled:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 507, in <module>
    if fondled:
NameError: name 'fondled' is not defined
* Are Naomi and Maria dressing like Japanese schoolgirls for a reason?

* Maria's bobs are pretty ridiculous too.

* Analistic Academy? Seriously?

* MC must be God's gift to women the way they're all reacting to him.

* At least Tiffany's boobs look normal.

* A chicken drumstick? MC is not only broke, but he has a tiny stomach as well.

* If I click :look at that ass" there's a brief image of Maria. Oh, and the choices continue repeating until I choose something else. Is that intentional?

* The cost of living must be ridiculous. A five dollar tip for a drumstick? And that's the low option?

* Oh yeah, no sense of how much money I have or if it's a factor.

* That's an abrupt ending. Perhaps a warning to save would be nice.

Sp, I'm not sure how I feel about this. I like the fact that the writing is direct and to the point, and despite my complaints I'm amused by the overall story. That being said, I also feel like this is something I won't necessarily enjoy as it moves forward as it seems things are too easy for hte MC in terms ofhis relationships wth the girl in the game. I personally prefer a little bit of a challenge in my games.

Still, I'll keep an eye on it. I do think it has some good potential.
Thanks for the constructive critisizm! :)
Mizuki's breakup was said by Maria before that scene
Sorry for the error, I'll fix it as soon as possible.
For the schoolgirl part, yes as they go to school in which MC will be working as a janitor on (probably)
Look at that ass option is supposed to work like that, giving the player a false sense of uncatchable-ness (which will, in other scenes, will end up in MC getting caught)
That walk into shower scene u mentioned is a great oppurtunity, i should add that later in the game so thanks for the suggestion :)
I should lower the tip amounts yea
And i should probably mention at the start of the game that the economy is not added to the game yet.

Overall, thanks for this super useful message. It really helped me understand what a player expects from my game. I should probably make it a bit hard as you mentioned aswell. Maybe MC should screw up and say sth wrong while talking? So yeah, thanks a huge ton for that message. :)

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
change "chicken drumstick" to "i'll have the fried chicken combo platter" it just sounds alot more normal..ordering a chicken drumstick sounds children of the corn specific :p
oh..she literally hands him..just a chicken drumstick(slaps it on the counter..no plate)..see..thats the most messed up thing about the game.. hehehee

Jeheh

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
change "chicken drumstick" to "i'll have the fried chicken combo platter" it just sounds alot more normal..ordering a chicken drumstick sounds children of the corn specific :p
oh..she literally hands him..just a chicken drumstick(slaps it on the counter..no plate)..see..thats the most messed up thing about the game.. hehehee
I should prolly name it chicken drumstick with a combo of no plate :)

ice2019

Aug 5, 2019
Im amazed that noone seems to use Play Home as a ground instead
graphics and animations are way better than HS overdblown renderers.

Jeheh

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Im amazed that noone seems to use Play Home as a ground instead
graphics and animations are way better than HS overdblown renderers.
:O never heard of that, maybe thats the reason people dont use it much?

And im definately gonna give it a test / play it if it has a game! Thanks :)

Jeheh

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
here is my android port of Dream Hotel
Thank you so much for this :) I will request the staff to add this as an unofficial android version to the thread!

Jeheh

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
Oh god that issue was supposed to be fixed D:

I'll fix it then re-upload all the builds

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
Oh god that issue was supposed to be fixed D:

I'll fix it then re-upload all the builds
weirdest thing happened..i went to X the game closed..and..it stopped and proceeded onwards...never seen that before..you created a unique bug :D

Reactions: Jeheh

elvenc

Aug 14, 2018
the game is not bad, I enjoy the models but things get stuck in loops and then jump around and quit the game. Really strange, had an eating her loop then a kissing one then a fingering her loop, then game crash.

Jeheh

Game Developer
Aug 4, 2019
the game is not bad, I enjoy the models but things get stuck in loops and then jump around and quit the game. Really strange, had an eating her loop then a kissing one then a fingering her loop, then game crash.
That happens when you load up an old save file unfortunately.

There's nothing I can do to fix that issue D:

JohnJG

Engaged Member
May 17, 2018
It looks good despite being similar to a few others, but I’ll give it a go. :):coffee:

Reactions: Jeheh
3.50 star(s) 2 Votes