Unreal Engine - Dreams of Beyond [Demo 4.1] [Abstract Dream Studio]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Ai Shoujo Fan

Dreams of Beyond [Demo]

The main part of the game is just a walking (around the house) simulator demo. The neighborhood looks great, the house looks great, the females look great, and the UI the developer used or made looks great. But there is nothing to do. You just walk (or run) around a house and see females standing or sitting. You can't jump or crouch or sit on furniture. You can't interact or talk with the females. You can't interact with objects. There is a gigantic couch and coffee table, and you can't directly run in between them to approach a girl that is sitting on the couch. You have to run around the coffee table which is stupid and inconvenient.

Then there is a separate portion of the game where you can see actual sex scenes. It is under the Main Menu in the section called "Charecters" (it is spelled wrong. it should be Characters). In this section, you select which female character you want to have sex with and then there are several buttons to choose what sex position. On the highest graphic settings, the characters looked frustratingly grainy to me. I later disabled a lot of graphic settings and this fixed the problem. By the way, when I disabled some of the graphic settings, some of them said "Off" while others said "off". There wasn't any consistency in the capitalization. In all Menu screens, I feel the first letter of every word should be capitalized (it should be "Main Menu" instead of "Main menu"). During the sex animations, there is orbit and zoom, but no pan. Your only options are to press the Progress button to start the sex animation and then press the Heart button once you want to climax. It's like a short sex animation movie that you can orbit and zoom around in. It's disappointing how limited the sex scenes are. Really, the only thing to be gained from it is eye candy. But I could just go to a live streaming webcam model site if I want eye candy.

When I first started the game, it was supremely laggy on my GTX 1650 laptop. It was very difficult to even move my cursor around the Options screen to select different settings. Luckily, when I disabled all of the graphic settings (except for Textures which I kept High), the lag went away.

One thing that bothers me is that the game doesn't remember settings. 99% of the Unreal and Unity games I've played on F95 have the same problem. If I resize the window and then go to Options, it resets the window size and position to some default. If I select 1600x900 and then later go to Options, it will reset to 1920x1080 (maybe because it detects that my computer supports up to 1920x1080 resolution even though I always have it set to 1600x900). Almost all 3D games on F95 that use Unreal or Unity are like this. It doesn't matter if they are AAA tier games or a crappy looking indie game. It's because these developers don't really try to advance their knowledge about these things and just use the most basic of knowledge when making their games, pretty much using the game engine "as is". They probably expect everyone to play in Fullscreen or borderless fullscreen and really don't think about people who want windowed (with borders) and to be able to resize their game window and have the game remember the new size without trying to reset it to a different size every time a new cutscene starts or the player goes the Main Menu or Settings screen.

Since this is only a demo and actually has some sex content, nice assets, and a nice UI, I feel optimistic that the game will be better improved as time goes by. It does look promising.