VN - Ren'Py - Dreams of Reality [v0.4.5] [Cenc]

1. 2.00 star(s)

MikesDK

Story 2/5
    The start of this story is just weird and rushed like crazy, no matter what you do and what choices you pick it will end up with MC married? and it skips ahead by 18 years and you also have a daughter?
    So much content just skipped not just the hole pregnancy experince but also 18 years of who knows....

So game starts with forcing a LI on you and shows alot of choices that has absolutly no meaning since it can only end in a single way, its weird since its not supposed to be a kinetic story and it talks alot about how choices matter when you start the game, so in that regards the start is a huge fail.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As for the quality of the renders they are really poor and very grainy, so much that it almost look like an old tv on snow screen at times.
    And hate to say it but damn the girls are ugly, even MCs daughter is just so bad like shes dirty and not in the good way.

Girls 2/5
    I really dident like many LIs in this one, Kimiko was my favorit and proberly the only one i really liked, both looks and personality but the rest was more meh.

Animations 3/5
    Its supposed to be an animated game as well but some sex scenes is just a single stil render no movement just dialogs going fuck me, cum inside me, done, it seems to become better in chapter 3 and they managed to do a really good virgin/deflower scene which is rare, so hope they will keep this up which could fix some earliere fuck ups.

Music 3/5
    Mostly standard background stuff nothing special but rarely it has some real nice music with songs.

Choices 2/5
    All of chapter 1 was very kinetic, only a single choice could make a very small change but thats it and it seems to be a trend alot of choices means very little or is directly fakes and should be there, like saying no for the cousin to stay to then see MC allowing her to stay...making the choice fake.

Seeing Cece was fun and shes named Cece as well, took me back to a really good game i wont mention here.

For now though i feel like theres way to much kinetic story and fake choices and no controle over MC whos spineless and submissive so he just follows along with no mind of hes own, so i can really only give this 2 stars right now and i will review this game once it has alot more content to see if anything improves or just stays the same.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Lun@

Reading the reviews, I was hesitant as to whether this game was the type I would like. I mostly play female protag types.

Thankfully though, after reading some of the positive reviews, I decided to try it out. I'm really glad I did now.

Initially it felt a little bit rough overall, as did the renders too. The girls were unattractive looking. That could just have been the dev finding his feet as it all picked up as the updates progressed, both in story and render quality.

The girls may not be the prettiest at the start, but they have nice characters. Louise is great as the faithful wife, even if she is a bit naive...girl, how could you miss the signs this guy is a total douche from the start? your daughter did after just meeting him once..

Danielle the nurse is another likeable love interest who can become involved with MC and Louise.

Kimiko the girl...I found her to look kind of weird but she has albinism apparently. I thought she was a mini bloodsucker at first :oops:
    She looks much better later game with the natural eyes and hair style change.
    She is sweet though and her story is just horrible when you find out.

Cassie I like and she has her cool goth look going on (my kind of girl!)
    Points to the dev for her playlist..Lacuna Coil, Christian Death,...fuck yes!
    She's hot and she stepped up when needed with the beach house.

Cindy...not a fan of really. Not that attractive (early game) and yeah, I just didn't take to her.

The story...this is the strongest point of the game and it really sucked me in...bad dev!, my time is limited but you made me binge play this today! shame! *rings bell*

The story builds up nicely and then it's a rollycoaster...I felt sadness...anger...amusement...and that's no doubt what the dev wants us to feel with his AVN. There's some real trauma stuff in this storyline and it feels more adult orientated than the usual college kid type VN's floating around on here that get lapped up by the nerds fapping themselves blind.

I can't believe I never heard of this in the 3 years I've been here. Some games on here are just so underrated and I felt this is one.

Would I recommend this game?

Absolutely. It has enough lewd scenes for the horny little basement dwellers on here but a great story for those looking for an AVN with substantial plot content.

I give this 4 stars for being great with future content I will watch for.
    This has kind of revived my faith in what seemed a limited amount of games I can enjoy on here.

The only thing that stops this having 5 stars for me is the MC being so annoying to play. I found him irritating.

Why do so many devs make their male protags so indecisive and wimpy?
    Gah, the amount of times the main guy is like "what do I do?" like when his wife is in danger and he's handwringing or when Cassie has to tell him to go speak to his wife on the beach...grow some balls ! be a man! ugh.

But otherwise, great job Dev!
  3. 4.00 star(s)

DoOver

v0.4.5

I've played a couple hundred games/VNs from F95 and this hooked me in the end...

+ I like the female renders and we get variety of models.

+ This is a bold attempt to have a traumatized MC who is trying to deal with loss and how that may draw others closer in a relationship or push some away. Is it perfect? No, but it's a worthy effort.

-- My main thing is the entire Danielle relationship is too quick to progress from first meet to handjob. It could be a bug with v0.4.5 since the walkthrough says I should have some choices concering her, but those never show up and we go from hospital introductions to house visit handjob.

> I'm NOT a fan of mini games of any type in a VN as it doesn't progress the story at all. At least the dev attempts to provide levels of difficulty with bonus relationship points or unlocks. But I'd rather avoid them completely and you cannot here (technically the pool volleyball you can skip, but not bartender).

+ Choices matter!!
    Thank you! It really feels like a long time since my choices completely change the outcomes and what the MC can or cannot do with the girls.

OVERALL:
    I'm interested to see where this goes and revisit some lewdness with all the girls.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

TheSkeptic1

Visuals
    • There are animations, but other than the very first one, they're pretty rough. Stiff/rigid movement.
    • Some of the minor animations, such as MC's boss on the phone, are out of sync with the dialog; it would make more sense for them to occur simultaneously rather than motion followed by text on the screen.
    • Characters blink while idle. I have ALWAYS thought this to be one of the single best visual enhancements a dev can make to their games. Even some top-shelf devs don't do this and they should.
    • Renders are all over the place. Sometimes out of focus, sometimes poorly lit, others more detailed. From an individual character model and render perspective, it's pretty lacking; I don't find any of the women particularly detailed or realistic in appearance.
    • Louise actually looks almost exactly like Hazel from Nursing Back to Pleasure, but far less attractive.
    • Emily is ugly. Straight up, zero admirable work was put into this girl's face. I'm not saying every girl needs to be traditionally pretty (Light of My Life pulls off non-traditional appearances in spectacular fashion), but yikes.
    • It's clear to me dev spent a good amount of time on the static UI imagery (i.e. the "are you sure you want to quit?" render), but then just realllllllly phoned it in for the majority of the actual game. It's just bad.
    • Cindy is attractive, as characters in this game go.

Story
    • We start off with the trident cliché of "fate crashing into [me]"...I really wish devs didn't feel the need to try and be so dramatic right out the gate. I'm just not a fan of the pseudo-cinematic intros of black screen with narration that is supposed to evoke some kind of suspense or anxiety but really just is noise.
    • There are little things that are detached from realism, like MC getting a call on his cell from his boss while he's at his desk. He would just have a desk phone, or - more likely - his boss would send him a chat message requesting to see him.
    • For me, the story is overall underwhelming and not in any way compelling. I just didn't experience anything I could really sink my teeth into.

Dialog
    • It's confusing that when the game starts, there is no spoken dialog, this means we should assume it is pure storytelling narration. Yet, the insertion of Narrator as the source is not present until the stapler gets hurled at the MC. This is odd; either include the Narrator designation from the beginning or don't include one at all. There are other, better options to indicate narration such as changes in font/color/text and the use of italics.
    • Minor grammatical errors, nothing that completely distracts from the experience. There is pretty heavy overuse of the semicolon.

Game Mechanics/Other Notes
    • Points for the clever prompt to the player to enter their (user)name, but I suspect some may get confused about that.
    • There's sound present, but it's not always in sync with the frame/dialog.
    • There is music, but I'm not fond of the choices. They're...quirky? I guess?
    • Dev implemented an auto-advance between frames. This is always in the plus column for me because whenever it's absent I can't focus on enjoying the game.
    • I don't like that you're punished via negative point gain by indulging in "looking" closer at someone when given the choice; this kind of choice system, to me, is both lazy and stifling of the enjoyment. We're not playing these games with pure moral intent; we're playing them for lewd content and entertainment. There's a way to incorporate a moral system that allows for consequence without depriving the player of their desires. In fact, I'll just go a step further and say the choice system is altogether terrible because of its inconsistency.

Tl:dr - I would just avoid this one. Visually, it's a mess. The story is a mess. It's terribly average, but it could've been really good.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

Quaszog55

Yeah so, Two chapters in and I will let this pass. Agency void Sub MC Trauma-simulator with voyeur elements: MC is basically a human vibrator that gets kicked around the floor... period.

It doesn't matter which Waifu path you take (open cheat, faithful, deceiver): She will remain an abuse victim in the making. Player apathy towards Waifu is therefore entirely logical and I feel it setting in as well...

MC starts out as an economical failure and 'progresses' to the crippled Cock in a self-service-station harem 'visited' by horny chicks in chapter 2.

MC will consider pursuing any character and indulge voyeurism on any character regardless of the emotional bonds and choices were made before.

The Daughter death is just pointless trauma and the foreshadowed cousin incest just plain weird, given that the daughter has been axed early. The fact that every second choice MC ponders being unfaithful and a perv, to the point of considering relationships with women he just met, makes the MC a disfunctional marriage partner par excellence.

Oh and flashbacks... after there was a major fast forward in the beginning, we got loads of them.

Is this a Young Adult Romance or a Midlife Crisis has been story? Is the MC a Father Figure, Sugar Daddy, Husband, Casanova or Gigolo? Am I supposed to emphatize with the current family or romanticize their past love. Game is a narrative mess... Well at least there are 'dreams of reality' in the game.

Don't tell me to pick up or walkthrough or that Chapter 3 will pick aim true. There are 50 unplayed games in my que...

On a positive note the renders are Excellent. So you got enough eye candy. The immersion is just constantly strained by everything else.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Jimlong357

Dark and Light all in one with this game. I have enjoyed it very much.

The images, seem to improve as the game goes along, but what really hooked me with this one was the story and the multiple paths to explore.

I find myself having 3 or 4 save files so I can see everything. That might not be a plus for all players but it is for me.

The dialogues are well written, and I won't spoil it, but there is something extremely heartfelt going on here from the dev. It's clear this was based on truth at some point.

I have not problem recommending this, can't wait for the next version!
  7. 5.00 star(s)

dwido

So i have played alot of AVN's and i never leave a review but ooof.. this game is something special.
    Let me start by saying that this game is insanely underrated.

The story is super intriguing and very well written. Lots of emotional rollercosters, definetly a heavy story focused game. Sure there are some nitpicks here and there but this is some quality writing, the dev is super talented. Also there are ACTUAL other male characters in this game where you are not the only male left on the planet :ROFLMAO:. Wow i know, thats crazy.

I usually dont like when at the beginning of the game they instantly give u the carrot (the LI) and u dont have to work for it but 30 mins into the game it didnt bother me at all and i wanted to stay 100% loyal. The relationship with your wife Louise is some of the most realistic and insanely well written, one of the best if not the best LI i have played in any game. I love that you can be loyal to your wife and work throught the problems you have together.
    I want to see the other Li paths too but theres just no shot that i can cheat on Louise even on a different save, no other game has made me feel like that so damn you dev but also good job ;).

Choices actually matter in this game and its not just some cosmetic choice option where no matter what u choose nothing changes. Choices have a meaning and consequences.

TLDR : Story is super intriguing, Louise is amazing, probably the best LI i have seen in any game, Writing is great in both story and relationships, great antagonist to hate, the pacing of the game is super good, it never felt like a chore to play thru this game.

You have earned a patreon from me.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

DABOMB00

Wow this game really transports emotions. Personally i really felt involved with the characters and started to really feel the pain and tragedy, aswell as the good moments. I dont know how it feels to play all the diffrent paths, but i really like that you get to choose how you behave and who you want to be.

There are games that definetly look better than this, but still this one looks pretty good and the plot of this game makes it definitely worth playing. I normally dont like games where you already are in a relationship when starting the game, but its not bad when your partner looks really good like it is with this game. So in my opinion this is a game worth playing, you should be ready for the heavy plot at some points though.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Jaango

This one is a gem and very much underrated. If you love playing games which gives more importance to the story this one is the perfect choice for you. Renders are not that top notch like some top rated games here. But it isn't mediocre either. At the start there are some grainy images but you can see increase in quality. Dev didn't get that much financial support but still he is taking a lot of effort with this one. He also added sound effects for more ampience.

Man story is very much intriguing. It's emotional and gives you some tension. Without out a doubt wife Louise is the best girl. She is working hard for the family and cares more. I played a path completely loyal to Louise. Even though I want explore stories of other girls affection of Louise his making hard to cheat her. Dev did a good thing there. No other games did this to me.
    And there is Sebastian a complete asshole trying to get Louise. Dev did good part there giving very much tension kinda felt like watching a movie. I know Louise will no succumb to him but still gives the tension. And yep Dev confirmed there will be no NTR. Game is heavily choice based it will gives you the choice to split up with Louise and later reconcile. For enjoying game full check the walkthrough of the game. There is many path out there

Honestly I'm glad I found this one. Without a doubt this one is a best story focused game. If you enjoy playing story focused game. Give this one a try you won't regret it.

+ Heavily story focused ( emotional and gives some tensions )
    + Decent renders and models ( you can see increase in quality )
    + Sound effects ( not int earlier versions later it is added )
    + Good writing
    + Many choices to make check the walkthrough
    + Loving wife Louise ( other characters are nice too )

- very much underrated this one truly deserves more attention
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Lucifer morning star 666

very very nice game !!
    story is good to play . models are hot and sexy
    choices are nice and im happy too say this game didn't have any NTR content yet at least :BootyTime:

cant wait for next update and good luck to dev (y)
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Hahn81

Woah that game hits me.

First of All, forget about fap material, yeah there are plenty of lewd-scenes and they are very good and the models are hot. But the story sets a mood that forbid any fap thoughts.

I have to admit, i play these games on this site not for the fapping material in the first place (of course, its dumb to deny it, i love the fapping material too), i love games where you develop a relationship with the charactres, i set my mind on the MC and those around him. I really like to "dive" into these relationships building up or to experience them.

A good setting, story and good build betweens the charactres are essential for me... dont like games that make you have sex with litteraly everyone and are just fap material.

So this game here is perfect for me so far.

One thing stood out here, the choices... they matter, a lot. And that is kinda unique so far. Most of the games give you choices, but most of the time they doesnt matter, or are only a choice if you want to bang a girl or not.

In this game all is influenced on the choices you made, your relationships, your mental health, the story-run itself. At least so far...

Dont know if the dev can keep this up, the longer the game goes, the more difficult it can become with these kind of "heavy" branches.

But so far i love this... played three times through the actual content.

To summarize in short... great setting, great story (a slight warning, the charactres are not really act realistic most of the time, but that is ok, dont know many games or movies where the charactres a really realistic, it works in this game, and thats all that matters), great looking renders and models, and good animations (way above average, but there are better one out there)

Keep the updates coming! I'm a patreon now.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

pochops

Premise - The premise is unique and interesting. It’s about a loving married couple who have stuck with each other through thick and thin but start to drift apart after the death of their teen daughter in a car accident.

Choices - Where the game really excels is in the impact of your choices. You can choose to be a faithful, supportive husband and salvage your marriage. You can be a cheating jerk who causes the breakup of your marriage. Or you can even be a loving, supportive husband who still cheats. In this scenario, you and your wife stay together and agree on an open relationship that seems to be leading to a throuple with another woman. Also, since the mc is troubled and obsessed over his daughter’s accident, you have choices that can either sink him into depression, prescription drug abuse, and insanity, or instead lift him in a more positive, reality-based direction.

Threats - The game has many daunting obstacles and threats that the mc faces. For example, he begins to discover clues that his daughter’s accident was possibly a murder and that the crime may have involved a sinister art dealer who his pursuing the mc’s wife. Also, the mc befriends a teen rape victim who fills a void left by his dead daughter. Through your choices, the mc protects her from a dangerous sex trafficking ring that includes members of the police department.

Renders – The renders are unique, ranging from the sexy, adorable wife, to the hot bisexual home care nurse, to the mute rape victim who somehow looks both creepy and cute at the same time.

Conclusion – This is a riveting story with meaningful choices and fascinating characters created by a motivated developer. The game definitely deserves more support.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

Ggwpglhf

This game was very engaging and captivating at first but then things started to become so unrealistic not only storywise but even more so in dialogues and character behaviour.
    Like what loving wife and mother would say she has to think about exhanging sexual favors for career advancements to the man who constanly drools over her, atleast in my playthrough she did not appriciate the attention but nevertheless she acts as if that whole conversation never took place afterwards, and the whole deal about the exclusivity of her contract and not reading through it whatsoever is beyond stupid, I get that this action is probably to further the plot but it's stupid still.
    So many actions and inner dialogue on the wifes part does not fit atall with the character on the "solo route" atleast.
    As I said before that doesnt fit the character and just makes her out to be naive and unappreciative of her husbands loyalty, and that she might be okay with cheating since she did not turn down any of the creeps advances and justify this with not wanting to lose her job and letdown her family, like wtf.
    I think they raghter have her safe and sound then whatever she imagine his speech about having her pay for his services and contacts.
    (The whole conversation made is pretty clear, but then again maby she is stupid and naive)

I personally did not like having to make choices for several characters as it breaks immersion, especially when you have no choice in vital moments as the whole ordeal woth sebastian from the wifes POV.
    Altough that would be somewhat better imo, Id raghter their actions be determined by score, the MCs previous actions or even having no choice in the matter over having choices for multiple characters.
    More choices for the MC and less unimportant ones for the side cast.
    I also dont see the point of building points with a character you will just kill off, Don't get me wrong this is a big part of the plot but it just strikes me as odd.
    There's even some insanity choice that adds further relation points with the dead character?:rolleyes::unsure:

Theres alot going on in this story and while this can be a good thing it can become pretty messy going forward and already is when certain things seemingly being forgotten and overlookes such as Marcus obvious concern about the wifes workplace and no one remarks on this further and he never brings it up again altough it probably is of importance concidering the situation.
    Same with the husband asking the friend on the police force to look into the wifes boss out of concern, but he doesnt do so even after saying he will.
    And this is an overarching theme in most encounters the wife has with sebastian.
    She either does not mention anything to the husband or even makes up lies about it.
    Certainly does not fit the characterisation of their relationship especially if the husband is forthcoming about everything, and she even says how much she appriciates this and his constand support as mentioned over and over during her inner dialogue.
    At some point she states that if she had to leave her job for the husband she would, but still she does not tell him anything beyond the boss is a "creep"..
    Which is just scratching the surface of their encounters, one would think he would not be so indifferent about all their dates and going away on trips for several days had she mentioned just a portion of his behaviour and their conversations.
    All this made me resent the wife and while there seemingly is no "better" love interest imo, and they supppsedly have this strong relationship I just don't see it in her actions atall.
    Sure they have some sex and she says some sweet things then she goes on lying and negleting him after the car crash, even if that is somewhat understandable nothing fits the character that I felt the story was presenting to me.
    Had I constantly lied to, cheated on the wife and taken her for granted I feel lile the story would make more sense almost.

A breif rating on my overall experience:
    Graphics 5/5 it's really solid beutiful renders and good animations altough they did not run so smoothly my android device..
    Story 3/5 Alot of mystique and drama but also a ton of plotholes that felt somewhat frustrating and it's all made wprse by the following two aspects.
    Characters 2/5 Most strike me as pretty stupid and their actions often contradict their persona, almost like it all is made up as the story unfolds.
    Dialogue 1/5 While it's somewhat engaging at times there is too many obvious oversights on things that should be adressed but isnt due to plotarmor.
    It would be better if it all was a mystery, raghter then all of it being presented to the player but everyone dances around the elephants in the rooms.
  14. 3.00 star(s)

Porthas

Hmm, I'm as far into the game as where there's Kamiko and a clothing shop. I gotta say, this game is... odd.

This is VERY heavy material to slap into a game like this. For me. I can't really think about light hearted silly booth peeking with a possible sex traffic victim or about flirting with a nurse when my wife and I have just lost our daughter. What odd material to cram all together, for my tastes.

The tone is far too dark then uneven for me. Of course, this is not to say that this couldn't appeal to other people. But yeah... it's off-putting.

Positives, fairly well written, despite the tone being extremely weird. Not too many grammar errors. The models are (for the most part) very attractive and realistic. Environments are well done. Game mechanics aren't too confusing.

It's worth giving a shot if the negatives I mentioned don't bother you.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

Nick248

Story - 10/10 :
    The Premise is really good and dramatic as it is not your regular two minute fap AVN , lets see where it goes in the future.

Writing - 9/10 :
    Minimal typos , The wrting is excellent for most parts but it seems a bit off in some scenes.

Renders - 8/10 :
    Renders are very good , not the best but good , also personally i am not a big fan of POV games but its not a problem just my personal choice.

Impact - 10/10 :
    The choices in the game play a vital role in how the story unfolds ,
    The Insanity feature is also something that can lead to interesting outcomes in future updates.

Good luck to the dev,
    And keep up the good work!!!
  16. 5.00 star(s)

cryptoninja

This is an outstanding effort. I have been falling it since day 1 and it keeps getting better. Fantastic graphics plus an intriguing story line adds up to a real winner. Be sure to add this one to your collection and support the dev if you can.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Hatred and Revenge

One of the best games out there.

The story is unique, nothing like the standard incest/loli/sex by the hundreds cookie-cutter games.

Louise is amazing, but love her or hate her, there is not NTR. Not sure why people keep seeing NTR where there isn't any. The presence of another man does not equal NTR. If you dislike Louise, then leave her and go for one of the other girls.

Choices have consequences that are clear for anyone whose emotional maturity is over the age of 15. Same for some of the characters' actions. Burying yourself in work after a personal tragedy is not something that extraordinary. It's a perfectly realistic coping mechanism.

Renders are excellent, animations feel a bit forced at times but I can see improvement over time from the first ones.

TLDR: If you want more than a 2-min fap, try this game, you won't regret it.
  18. 2.00 star(s)

NoxLaw

It's just ok. The story is darker then I'd probably like but whatever. The worst part are the characters. I just don't know what to think about the Mc, one moment he's pretty cool and next thing you know he behaves like a 15yo virgin who has never seen a woman (right after his daughter died btw). The wife is even worse, even if you play as "good" husband she still fucks of and let's you deal with everything alone, she tells you she'll choose you over career right after she chose career over you, and now we find out that she is even stupid as fuck because she didn't even read a contract before signing it (I am like the most irresponsible person ever but even I know that you should read stuff before signing off on anything no matter the circumstances).

The renders are pretty good except daughter, she just doesn't look good but you won't see much of her anyway.
  19. 2.00 star(s)

EmpressVII

Unique story, I enjoy that aspect. I am a fan of the models as well.

But that's where anything good i can say stops.

The story so far is a clusterfuck characters go down rabbit holes that hardly match what choices I made.

Spoiler for story below here

The sex so far seems misplaced? You have 3 scenes in the game that seem like weird fanservice, and story tags that aren't used.

Def some NTR content in this game if you make a bad choice.

You have scenes where you talk as OTHER characters but don't get to make choices as them.

So far it's okay, I want to see where the game goes, the insanity system seems kinda cool but this game feels like a demo for things not readily available.

2/5 stars for now.Future updates might make me change my thoughts
  20. 2.00 star(s)

Sesinho

Story seems good and different, quite interesting. Its way too short right now anyway.

I wonder why Emily chaged her hair and makeup before "tragedy". From a Dev perspective whats the point? And whats with the red highlights?
    Renders are not the best of the industry and couldnt tell the age difference between mother and daughter.

POV affection doesnt work, maybe its cheaper, but again, silly POV faces are not wholesome.
    I expected more emotion , i mean, a loved one dies and all you can see of their suffering and struggle is some subtle depressed face. I think seeking comfort on each other is basic.

Sex is ok but almost meaningless, cause its just given to you:
    1 is your wife
    Other one throws herself at you and the other one happens to be handling your penis and for some reason (stupid fanservice) she ends up with her shirt wet and ,of course, no bra.

2 stars for the Thriller-ish story but it needs fixing cause im not even seeing the grief. But theres potential. Lets hope for the best