VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

fuckyouassholes

Nov 27, 2018
latest Dev Update post

-------------------------------------------------------

Part X Dev. Update: Writing Done, Now Ann-E-May-Shun!
Published by on April 28, 2019

Finished writing earlier this week;
I’ll be spending the next few days cleaning up the rough ends/sloppy misspellings instead of later. Between concluding the final leg of writing, I’ve also been setting some substantially important gears into motion regarding Gumdrop Games and future development, Act II and beyond.

Something I spoke about in previous writings was the stark difference between local and online collaboration, the former making something intricate like posing characters/scenes far more time effective. Communication is everything when it comes to direction; a collaborator and I may have different interpretations of written direction, however the distance between persons decides if resolution of this discrepancy will take hours or mere minutes.

Since last month and between Part X’s writing, I’ve introduced a full-time member to the Gumdrop Games development team. Additionally, Monday will mark the start of training for our second additional member, beginning their full-time investment two weeks from now. There’s a third coming June who will undergo the same training before inevitably getting their hands dirty.

To clarify, these three are local additions, not online contractors; all three will be working side by side with me at our office. Animations and music are the two things contracted through online artists not officially linked to Gumdrop Games.

Act II will hit the ground running to say the least. While contracting online has been incredibly useful, I feel these local additions are long overdue and will be the most effective vehicle maintaining a more lean, healthy development cycle. No longer is Gumdrop Games synonymous with Kyle shouting his madness into the void, now a team that dons collective capability to not only produce, but maintain results. I look forward to sharing those results when Part X bows — for Act II.

Part X’s release date can be approximated after I secure solid metrics from my online contractors, sex animations first and foremost. Ultimately, it’s a matter of FatCat17’s schedule, which has been fairly generous to me so far. Contractors, especially those who don’t have the financial means to practice their talents full time, physically can’t and shouldn’t be expected to do the impossible, to transcend reality and pursue their career/education while simultaneously investing full-time hours into contract work.

That said, I’m a consequentialist; animations being delivered and Part X releasing are more important to myself (and I imagine you as well) than the moral legitimacy arriving us there. Contracting multiple animators will definitely be the strongest step forward for future releases, regardless of a single animator’s timeliness. This will allow Act II to continue Part X’s trend of genuine, fully-fledged animations without the schedule batting an eye. At Gumdrop Games, there’s NEVER enough cooks in the kitchen.

To conclude, writing is toast. Contract work is all that’s left, sex animations and original soundtrack. I’ll be plenty busy preparing our local hires for what’s to come, also sparing time to poke at the monolith that is Part X and refine any rough edges I find. Look out for a release date once a good couple animation previews have been posted.

Speaking of which, here’s the latest scoop — a taste of what my good friend FatCat has been chewing through.

Also, the most recent nude pinup pack features our leading ladies cozy on their flight. I really enjoyed throwing this one together, so give it a look if you’re curious.

‘Til next time. Stick around, lads.

Imo, a few nice renders >> any animation as it integrates seamlessly into the VN
Music, well can always look for something on spotify
nice to know !

Reactions: GUcciBoy

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
The Sugary Overlord blames his multi-national, un-initiated and un-dedicated henchmen for further delays...

His further delays must not be tolerated.

Abandoned now, or deprecate the tag.

Bite me, Yucca Brevifolia!

--Zen

u z i

lurker
Uploader
Donor
Nov 9, 2018
latest Dev Update post

Part X Dev. Update: Writing Done, Now Ann-E-May-Shun!
Published by on April 28, 2019

thank you Zertidus for sharing. :)

as for the post, just a bunch of empty words if you ask me. even now he is not giving any clear information. it seems he has been writing and hiring animators to do the animations since forever. he is adding new members to his team NOW(i believe he was earning even more earlier)? after 1 year since his last update. what a joke -_-

xer0x

Jul 19, 2018
Is there an actual rational explanation why this Dev is successful, in terms of patreon money? I have read 50+ pages and I don't get it. I can't see the hook, or product that is justified by his popularity (please enlighten me). Any business would drool to get this kinda of retention/renewal rate, for no product realeased in what, a year or longer. There is probably a phd thesis buried here on multiple subects. waiting for the grammar Nazis and trolls to attack. Feel free to Enlighten me!

Dec 24, 2018
lol, when he said the renders were complete and writing phase was left, everybody was like no you have to complete writing before you make scenes but our lad has done it again by writing after the scenes were rendered. bless him.
Not only that but it supposedly took him over a year to complete all the renders. I can't wait to see how disappointing this update is.

Siddington

Sep 11, 2017
guys you should all come to discord and enlighten some his followers, you will run into more joshua trees...
His Discord is a fucking joke at times. The basic line from the usual suspects on there is that nothing you say, even constructive criticism, will make the game come out sooner, so just don't say anything. Anything constructive just gets ignored. Gumdrop is all words and no action as we've come to expect. I've been in discussions with him on multiple occasions regarding public progress updates for DF and he always says he'll work on it but nothing ever happens. His last conversation on the subject with another Discord member basically stated that he won't do it as it would devalue $1 patrons if he did. No thoughts on offering $1 patrons something else to make it possible, just no.

No wonder this game and it'd developer gets slated where ever I see it discussed. Everything about this updates development has left a sour taste in people's mouth. Sad thing is, up until about a month ago I still thought I'd end up paying him to play this update. How deluded was I...

dE_VoYd

Apr 3, 2018
His Discord is a fucking joke. The basic line from the usual suspects on there is that nothing you say, even constructive criticism, will make the game come out sooner, so just don't say anything. Anything constructive just gets ignored, or DemonOrigin straw mans your argument to fit their narrative. Gumdrop is all words and no action as we've come to expect. I've been in discussions with him on multiple occasions regarding public progress updates for DF and he always says he'll work on it but nothing ever happens. His last conversation on the subject with another Discord member basically stated that he won't do it as it would devalue $1 patrons if he did. No thoughts on offering $1 patrons something else to make it possible, just no.

No wonder this game and it'd developer gets slated where ever I see it discussed. Everything about this updates development has left a sour taste in people's mouth. Sad thing is, up until about a month ago I still thought I'd end up paying him to play this update. How deluded was I...
man, whatever you said are 110% true qnd i couldn't have explained any better. didnt know DemonOrigin and those henchmen were all infamous for following GD. XD sure this thread became a joke but still has more intelligent discussion than that XD

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I'm more sorry for the people he hired. cuz they believed him that he will pay them.
His animator got a patreon page with pricing of services/jobs. You can always contact him to get some foundation for your claims right? When you accuse people it help have some evidence. Let us know how that goes.

Mar 28, 2018
If you look on todays page 3 of Image Fap cartoons category you will see the uploads of Mothers Promise and Mothers Kiss from Gumdrop Games - it looks very much to me that these images (with captions) from the final 'sex with mom' section of Dual Family. So I guess that Gumdrop Games have finished the 'mom-son' side at least and I suspect that they now just milking the patrons. Not Good, especially as it is a good and enjoyable game.

yep10

Jun 27, 2017
If you look on todays page 3 of Image Fap cartoons category you will see the uploads of Mothers Promise and Mothers Kiss from Gumdrop Games - it looks very much to me that these images (with captions) from the final 'sex with mom' section of Dual Family. So I guess that Gumdrop Games have finished the 'mom-son' side at least and I suspect that they now just milking the patrons. Not Good, especially as it is a good and enjoyable game.
Those are made by @Vanaduke.
You can have a look here, if interested:
https://f95zone.to/threads/dual-family-fan-art.5594/page-4#post-603072

Reactions: BubaJ

mdnss86

Feb 1, 2019
His animator got a patreon page with pricing of services/jobs. You can always contact him to get some foundation for your claims right? When you accuse people it help have some evidence. Let us know how that goes.
are you a fan ? or a misunderstood soul? why do you even bother to protect him? or even more why u even bother to write on this if everything ppl say get.s to you to a point that you FEEL is your MORAL right to answer? are some kind of fangay boy ? nobody gives a crap about ur political correctness or actually about anything u actually say so pls dont patronize the ppl ... ur nobody to do that ..

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes