VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Joshua Tree Okay look, I check onto this lifeless thread every so often, debate whether it's worth doing a Captains Log and then go do something actually productive. Every so often I see tasty meme post or something relatively engaging...But you're entering into the 'weird' territory at this point. You spam this thread every day, every single day.... I don't care if you've got nothing better to do with your time, I don't care that you frequently post here, but this is bordering on an unhealthy obsession, sure, people come here to vent and bitch...but no matter how much defending you do, you're not going to tide the wave of shit flowing over onto Gumdrops, but you seem determined to fight them all...Every day....See what I'm saying? Take a break from this thread dude, Jesus Christ... Have a smoke, order some pizza and get a blowjob, you'll thank me later.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Joshua Tree Okay look, I check onto this lifeless thread every so often, debate whether it's worth doing a Captains Log and then go do something actually productive. Every so often I see tasty meme post or something relatively engaging...But you're entering into the 'weird' territory at this point. You spam this thread every day, every single day.... I don't care if you've got nothing better to do with your time, I don't care that you frequently post here, but this is bordering on an unhealthy obsession, sure, people come here to vent and bitch...but no matter how much defending you do, you're not going to tide the wave of shit flowing over onto Gumdrops, but you seem determined to fight them all...Every day....See what I'm saying? Take a break from this thread dude, Jesus Christ... Have a smoke, order some pizza and get a blowjob, you'll thank me later.
Oh dear. To my recollection, my latest entries in this thread been over the topic (which btw, found in other threads on this site as well), about x creator deserve more than y creator because... reasons... Did you read the actual posts or just shrug it off seeing who wrote it? It's not even related to defend, or speak up for anyone, with exception of maybe reason?

How about you? want to share some "reason" in why x creator deserve more than y creator, and why x creator manage to pull more greens than y creator that do more work on their actual project? Lets take Summertime Saga and Cloud Meadows as prime examples, as they are the top earners on patren for adult games.

If someone want to bury GD neck up in shit and think happy happy thoughts, sure by all means. Do it for the right reasons.

satoshi36

Dec 7, 2017
Man that guy still here defending his master, sweet heavens he must be a lonely soul, at this moment i pity him...

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Oh dear. To my recollection, my latest entries in this thread been over the topic (which btw, found in other threads on this site as well), about x creator deserve more than y creator because... reasons... Did you read the actual posts or just shrug it off seeing who wrote it? It's not even related to defend, or speak up for anyone, with exception of maybe reason?
Right, so basically you're proxy defending gumdrops instead of directly, congrats.

How about you? want to share some "reason" in why x creator deserve more than y creator, and why x creator manage to pull more greens than y creator that do more work on their actual project? Lets take Summertime Saga and Cloud Meadows as prime examples, as they are the top earners on patren for adult games.
You shouldn't mix up 'deserves' and 'why'. They're very different answers, good content creators obviously deserve more than scam artists and hustlers, they're producing high quality, honest work...The 'Why' they don't always earn more than clever scam artists is simple. 1.) The Good content creator may have his heart and Soul in the game, but not understand how to market his product well enough. 2.) A good scam artists understands how easy it is to rope people into the 'Sunk Fallacy Cost'.

If someone want to bury GD neck up in shit and think happy happy thoughts, sure by all means. Do it for the right reasons.
What reasons qualify as the 'right ones?' in your mind? The constant missing of deadlines? Dubious behavior? Not producing any work?

Kamrooz

Sep 15, 2017
I don't understand how anyone still supports this guy. How is this game not set to abandoned yet?

I mean honestly, took him FOREVER to get renders done even though he stated he invested a ton to decrease render times. Once the renders were finished, he's now working on script? Are you joking me? Any competent and HONEST game developer would have already started working on that before the renders finished. Planning things out and either get an idea on dialogue and flow, or even actual do the dialogue scripting while rendering.

He's just milking his patrons, and it's sad that they are letting themselves get bamboozled like this. He'll drop some random CG every couple of weeks, which he can find the time to do it seems. Instead of spending timing focusing on dialogue/scripting/coding to get his update done. Anyone that's still giving money to this guy monthly deserves it, bunch of saps.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Right, so basically you're proxy defending gumdrops instead of directly, congrats.

You shouldn't mix up 'deserves' and 'why'. They're very different answers, good content creators obviously deserve more than scam artists and hustlers, they're producing high quality, honest work...The 'Why' they don't always earn more than clever scam artists is simple. 1.) The Good content creator may have his heart and Soul in the game, but not understand how to market his product well enough. 2.) A good scam artists understands how easy it is to rope people into the 'Sunk Fallacy Cost'.

What reasons qualify as the 'right ones?' in your mind? The constant missing of deadlines? Dubious behavior? Not producing any work?
If you look at other threads on this forum, you see there is other creators that get accused of not being "deserving" their income and other creators deserve it more as well. Heck, after a update that did drag out with Summertime saga, DarkCookie got quite some flak. I guess people get a bit grumpy when 150k+ end up give lackluster update.

And thank you for actually agreeing with my point about creators & marketing. For all those that complain about their favorite creator doesn't get what he/she deserve, and people should stop support x creator and rather give it to y creator. How about, you help your favorite creator in bring awareness to the masses about the creator and the game. Much greater chance to increase the revenue for your favorite creator that way, rather than moan about people supporting the "wrong" one.

If you look at some other rather hated (maybe strong word), creator such as Slonique, do you see him/her as a scam artist then? Pushes out content regularly, but questionable content at that, and hard time actually complete any. And when actually did, gave the player a strapon ending up the bum... Which was quite hilarious, but fired up a lot of rage.

As for GD? Bingo! for the reasons you can prove. You got any evidence of the super secret room yet?

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
If you look at other threads on this forum, you see there is other creators that get accused of not being "deserving" their income and other creators deserve it more as well. Heck, after a update that did drag out with Summertime saga, DarkCookie got quite some flak. I guess people get a bit grumpy when 150k+ end up give lackluster update.
Lots of things can go wrong with development, it only takes one setback that can start a domino effect. I wouldn't like to personal comment on Darkcookie or any other devs experiences though. I have my own 'private' thoughts on how to maximize production etc that I've learned observing other devs, but I prefer to keep those thoughts to myself.

And thank you for actually agreeing with my point about creators & marketing. For all those that complain about their favorite creator doesn't get what he/she deserve, and people should stop support x creator and rather give it to y creator. How about, you help your favorite creator in bring awareness to the masses about the creator and the game. Much greater chance to increase the revenue for your favorite creator that way, rather than moan about people supporting the "wrong" one.

If you look at some other rather hated (maybe strong word), creator such as Slonique, do you see him/her as a scam artist then? Pushes out content regularly, but questionable content at that, and hard time actually complete any. And when actually did, gave the player a strapon ending up the bum... Which was quite hilarious, but fired up a lot of rage.

As for GD? Bingo! for the reasons you can prove. You got any evidence of the super secret room yet?
I never made the claim about the secret room, so it's therefore not my claim to prove...It was MajorWanker's and someone else I think. Also, I'm not familiar with Slonique, but there's a fine line between an inexperienced dev trying his best but not quite there and a dev that's outright taking advantage of people. The one has at least good intentions, the other does not. As for moaning, most people usually just say 'Don't support X dev, not worth your money' and that's where it ends. Gumdrops is a unique case, he has somehow succeeded in creating this weird 'Sunk Fallacy Cost' Pyramid-esque scheme with fans way way too devoted...It's a fascinating study which is probably why people are still talking about it. -Though really they shouldn't, because surprise, this project so far is little more than a house of cards. Gumdrops is painfully aware once the update goes live, a fair few illusions are going to be shattered unless he produces his 'magnum opus.'

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Lots of things can go wrong with development, it only takes one setback that can start a domino effect. I wouldn't like to personal comment on Darkcookie or any other devs experiences though. I have my own 'private' thoughts on how to maximize production etc that I've learned observing other devs, but I prefer to keep those thoughts to myself.

I never made the claim about the secret room, so it's therefore not my claim to prove...It was MajorWanker's and someone else I think. Also, I'm not familiar with Slonique, but there's a fine line between an inexperienced dev trying his best but not quite there and a dev that's outright taking advantage of people. The one has at least good intentions, the other does not. As for moaning, most people usually just say 'Don't support X dev, not worth your money' and that's where it ends. Gumdrops is a unique case, he has somehow succeeded in creating this weird 'Sunk Fallacy Cost' Pyramid-esque scheme with fans way way too devoted...It's a fascinating study which is probably why people are still talking about it. -Though really they shouldn't, because surprise, this project so far is little more than a house of cards. Gumdrops is painfully aware once the update goes live, a fair few illusions are going to be shattered unless he produces his 'magnum opus.'
Why keep those observations to yourself? If they can help enlighten other people about why some creators better at others to bring in support for their games?

Well if GD built a "cult" of followers, you won't get them to turn away before they want to, just as with other cults out there. Ragging on them for supporting him doesn't make one difference either. I think it's dangerous to start label people/fandoms/supporters as a "cult" though. Should we label supporters of certain politicians, parties, etc for cults as well if you not agreeing with them?

I never said you made those claims about that "secret room", just asked if you got any evidence of it.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017

Don't answer him: why should you waste your time? leave him alone.

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
If you follow other threads, you'll find out that some very famous developers had to postpone updates / put on hiatus their games lately because

- his dogs were attacked by a mad pitbull :cautious:;

- he had to relocate and move (to the farthest corner of his country, of course :cool:);

- his parents took a vacation and he had to follow them :LOL:;

- he slipped into depression and went to therapy :eek::eek:;

- he's overtired, so he's going to take a pause :censored:;

- some nasty criticisms posted on his Patreon page deeply hurt his feelings o_O...

Did I miss something? :whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:
Updating my own list:

- dev's birthday this week (so the update's going to come out next week) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Why keep those observations to yourself? If they can help enlighten other people about why some creators better at others to bring in support for their games?

Well if GD built a "cult" of followers, you won't get them to turn away before they want to, just as with other cults out there. Ragging on them for supporting him doesn't make one difference either. I think it's dangerous to start label people/fandoms/supporters as a "cult" though. Should we label supporters of certain politicians, parties, etc for cults as well if you not agreeing with them?

I never said you made those claims about that "secret room", just asked if you got any evidence of it.
1.) Because A.) There's a degree of competition business wise, I aim to be the best and B.) my ideas may run contrary to some devs and I'd rather not start arguing with devs over the 'right way to do things.' And I never labled the fans a cult, you did, I just think their overly zealous. Anyway I'm done now, seriously, leave this thread for a few days and do something more productive (I can safely promise you even if you took a 1-3 month hiatus nothing would have changed, its the nature of the gumdrops void), even now you're trying to drag me and others into some huge debate, lol, GD definately don't deserve that. Ta~

DonkeyFace

Dec 24, 2017
I don't understand how anyone still supports this guy. How is this game not set to abandoned yet?

I mean honestly, took him FOREVER to get renders done even though he stated he invested a ton to decrease render times. Once the renders were finished, he's now working on script? Are you joking me? Any competent and HONEST game developer would have already started working on that before the renders finished. Planning things out and either get an idea on dialogue and flow, or even actual do the dialogue scripting while rendering.

He's just milking his patrons, and it's sad that they are letting themselves get bamboozled like this. He'll drop some random CG every couple of weeks, which he can find the time to do it seems. Instead of spending timing focusing on dialogue/scripting/coding to get his update done. Anyone that's still giving money to this guy monthly deserves it, bunch of saps.
And during all this time that he is supposedly waiting for his animator to finish, he could have part 1 of act 2 complete. But of course that won't be the case.

Bolero

Jan 20, 2018
I will make a patreon account and I ask all of you to give me your money, I will not give anything in return. Why not, he is doing the same thing, and I promise I will be honest with you and I am telling you right now you will not get anything for your money. There you go, at least I am an honest money grabber, and my progress bar will always be at 0 %, and not on 90 % for over a year.

TY for your contribution.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes