VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes
Jan 9, 2019
Reviews on steam will eviscerate this scammer. A laughable plot that goes nowhere, no development for 1.5+ years and counting. This dude is overplaying his hand if he thinks this won't backfire.

But his scam is becoming harder to maintain, so he is probably running out of options to keep the gig going, so a Steam release might be targeted towards current patrons instead of new ones, to make them believe he is interested in developing the game as opposed to scamming. In reality, it takes virtually no work to make it Steam friendly, so no rational person would fall for it.

Hopefully I will have time this weekend to write that post showing how this scammer operates. It's unbelievable to me that people keep supporting this. I suspect most of his supporters are people who have completely retreated from socializing in real life, so admitting their escape from reality was a scam would be too devastating for their mental.

Jashmyne

Oct 11, 2018
I hope he does realise that Steam doesn't allow you to change the release date whenever he pleases these days.

stupidcat

May 20, 2018
Sometimes I remember that when I found this forum back in 2017/18, this was an ultra hyped game and now I look at what happened and I can only think that if I did not put a penny in this I am pissed, I wonder who gave there at Patreon. Let's see on the tenth day of September, what will happen.

DarkLoki

Oct 25, 2018
Im having a bad feeling about this. September 10 is fast approaching and he said he will give ample details like preview and animation but look at his site and discord he is so silent for the past 5 weeks now. My prediction there will be no update on September 10. I hope im wrong but given GD/Kyle reputation? Its a possibility.
He hasnt updated anything because he's been so busy working on the new release (cant even type it without laughing out loud

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
There are many tags I wish I could apply to this one 'Untrustworthy Dev' would be a primary, 'Development Hell' would be another. Sadly, these powers are out of my hands.
"Development Hell" assumes hes actually been putting in some kind of effort of the past year. I think not.

itzaguy

Nov 19, 2016
The positive thing is there are so many people pissed off about this game that everything will be pirated for it the moment it is released.

TheFapperBoy

Aug 13, 2017
"That said, the final two animations and rendering required for the remaining anim camera angles will certainly seep over the September 10th release deadline I established last month; an error that isn’t anything but my own doing.
I’ll be posting previews of Part X along with other new content every other day until release, so check in if you’d like; the end is nigh, lads."
Uh oh...

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
I’m quite happy with FatCat17’s performance — he has been excellent both in his quality and rushed speed to accommodate my hefty animation request this past month. Despite vocational and educational duties, his contribution has been invaluable.
'Rushed?' What on Earth about this production has been rushed? Cashing the Monthly cheque maybe.

That said, the final two animations and rendering required for the remaining anim camera angles will certainly seep over the September 10th release deadline I established last month; an error that isn’t anything but my own doing.
Man has more plans than Dutch at this point.

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes