VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
So as I admitted before, I'm a lazy guy so the reason why the game is not getting released is because I barely worked on it. HOWEVER, I will now admit the real reason for the delay: the reason is I'm building a time machine that will take me to the future and steal the finished game from my future self.
Calvin and Hobbes tried this.

kiro

May 13, 2017
I think the best solution ever would be to delete this thread altogether as the dev is a greedy scammer so that people don't get fooled into pledging. Of course it is a personal decision whether people pledge to a developer but such guys as him are detrimental to the community of other honest developers. When or if he ever releases something it could be posted. Simple but easy solution. Of course the mods know better. I am just sharing my honest opinion since this is a forum.
Cheers to all and take care! :)

ImmortalNight

Jul 4, 2020
I think the best solution ever would be to delete this thread altogether as the dev is a greedy scammer so that people don't get fooled into pledging. Of course it is a personal decision whether people pledge to a developer but such guys as him are detrimental to the community of other honest developers. When or if he ever releases something it could be posted. Simple but easy solution. Of course the mods know better. I am just sharing my honest opinion since this is a forum.
Cheers to all and take care! :)
That won't stop all traffic. I actually discovered Dual Family because a youtuber played it. It was the first sex game I had played other than some hentai games years ago. That led me to other games and eventually here. This thread is where I learned about the lack of progress for two years.

kiro

May 13, 2017
That won't stop all traffic. I actually discovered Dual Family because a youtuber played it. It was the first sex game I had played other than some hentai games years ago. That led me to other games and eventually here. This thread is where I learned about the lack of progress for two years.
You are right, mate. Sometimes we just want to be in a just world which doesn't exist. :D

• Sad
Reactions: ImmortalNight

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Deleting this thread would be exactly the thing that gumdrop wants. No posterity, no trace of his bad behavior. It needs to stay, even if it doesn't reach any of his actual patrons.
(And FWIW, F95zone is a pirate site. Suggesting that people come here for legitimate content or that a significant number of them will pledge after finding a game here is rather misguided.)

This thread needs something else. Since it's clear that gumdrop has no game to release but is happy to take your money and to claim that the game is not abandoned, it needs another tag altogether.
There are "In Progress," "On Hold," "Abandoned" and "Finished" tags.

Since the developer claims the game is not on hold or abandoned, but it's clearly not finished, and progress is nonexistent, it doesn't fit in any of these tags.

It should be something that expresses exactly what it is, but doesn't call it a con so that it cannot be dismissed outright.

Something that would embody "Delayed," "Broken promises," "Extortion," "Dev wants you to be his sugar daddy" and "Overpriced crap" because the game is all that and more.
It's been delayed, gumdrop broke so many deadlines I lost count, he's extorting money because if people stop paying, he'll happily abandon any pretense he's working on the game, he wants your money, and the game is not up to current standards, certainly not up to $5K-$15K/month standard anymore.

I just can't find the right word.

kilatin

Jun 3, 2018
It's been delayed, gumdrop broke so many deadlines I lost count, he's extorting money because if people stop paying, he'll happily abandon any pretense he's working on the game, he wants your money, and the game is not up to current standards, certainly not up to $5K-$15K/month standard anymore.
Scam is not strong enough. And words like rort or bunco, most people won't know.
A tag: "Give money to me so I only have to pretend to work" seems appropriate.

MykeRosy

Dec 9, 2018
Deleting this thread would be exactly the thing that gumdrop wants. No posterity, no trace of his bad behavior. It needs to stay, even if it doesn't reach any of his actual patrons.
(And FWIW, F95zone is a pirate site. Suggesting that people come here for legitimate content or that a significant number of them will pledge after finding a game here is rather misguided.)

This thread needs something else. Since it's clear that gumdrop has no game to release but is happy to take your money and to claim that the game is not abandoned, it needs another tag altogether.
There are "In Progress," "On Hold," "Abandoned" and "Finished" tags.

Since the developer claims the game is not on hold or abandoned, but it's clearly not finished, and progress is nonexistent, it doesn't fit in any of these tags.

It should be something that expresses exactly what it is, but doesn't call it a con so that it cannot be dismissed outright.

Something that would embody "Delayed," "Broken promises," "Extortion," "Dev wants you to be his sugar daddy" and "Overpriced crap" because the game is all that and more.

I just can't find the right word.
What is fwiw site?

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Scam is not strong enough. And words like rort or bunco, most people won't know.
A tag: "Give money to me so I only have to pretend to work" seems appropriate.
Is it a scam if people are happy to join and pay? I don't want to call it a scam or a con to avoid alienating anyone who earnestly believes that gumdrop intends to release part X.
Those people can't come to grips with the fact that they were lied to and have no problem believing gumdrop when he says "he procrastinated but is on track to release the game, it's just harder than he expected" — no kidding, actually working as opposed to expecting that entropy will magically make the bits on his hard drive arrange into a completed game is indeed hard.

The worst part is that, while it's hard to defend this degree of laziness, it's perfectly within Patreon's guidelines. It even fits into the institution of patronage in the past, where a wealthy patron paid a recurring retaining fee to an artist (or covered his expenses) and didn't really expect anything in return except acknowledgement that he's a patron.

So yeah, gumdrop is living on his past glory. I've no idea how much mileage can he get out of his little game, but it seems to be working out well so far.

• Angry
Reactions: andrew david irving
2.10 star(s) 188 Votes