VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
@lostraven I certainly chortled in me undies at the "Shut it down Lance" line in your addendum at the end. Very funny. And bravo sir, this shit is more interesting and captivating than any Trump, Smollett, Kelly or Assange interview I've ever bared witness to.
C'mon, any interview with Trump is comedy gold every time :p

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
There is no official tier. But anyone supporting on patreon or his site for 50 dollars or above get access to a room where gumdrop spends alot of time explaining things to them. For instance my wife was told he was telling her the real date but the low pledges a different date so he didn't lose huge amounts of money meaning he couldn't pay for staff. His discord is toxic as hell you get banned for anything negative. Hell you ask about dates you either get ignored or banned
Could you by any chance post a few screenshots of said 'secret room' with his discussing dates etc? Just for some F95 Historic record keeping...and I'm beyond curious to see it.

Deleted member 833007

Aug 20, 2018
Maybe he is right or maybe he is wrong..I can't be the judge of that...but the fact...the actual evidence of a man still making money without releasing any content for abt 1 yr is uttermost nonsense..if he thinks he is gonna get away with this..he can't be more wrong....karma is a bitch sooner or later. ...someone gonna answer....what goes around must also come around....live it to fullest as long as you can...coz your clock is ticking....

Last edited:

MorahBieno

Development Consultant & Revisions Supervisor
Game Developer
Feb 10, 2018
Maybe he is right or maybe he is wrong..I can't be the judge of that...but the fact...the actual evidence of a man still making money without releasing any content is for abt 1 yr is uttermost nonsense..if he thinks he is gonna get away with this..he can't be more wrong....karma is a bitch sooner or later. ...someone gonna answer....what goes around must also come around....live it to fullest as long as you can...coz your clock is ticking....
While I do whole heartedly agree with the sentiment that it's nonsense, unless the people who are paying him wake up and demand action, nothing's gonna happen. So I dunno about karma, seems to be working out the way it's worked out so far.

Deleted member 833007

Aug 20, 2018
While I do whole heartedly agree with the sentiment that it's nonsense, unless the people who are paying him wake up and demand action, nothing's gonna happen. So I dunno about karma, seems to be working out the way it's worked out so far.
You dont know that for sure...
  • There's a natural law of karma that vindictive people, who go out of their way to hurt others, will end up broken and alone. ...

J0K3RXXX

Dec 7, 2018
Does anyone know where is the official walkthrough (which includes Act IX)? I asked it because the link in the OP sends you to a pdf with the official walkthrough but only includes until Act VIII.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
With good enough marketing you can extend the life of almost any product, and get people to throw money at it past due date. The only thing Patreon metrics does show is loss of patreons or increase of patreons, but it doesn't tell us how many pledges did cancel a month or how many did actually pledge during a month.

Tbh the I doubt many of the ones that did pledge a year ago does so still today. Metrics does show however it seems like he gaining or (keeping), more higher tier patreons. while losing a lot more lower tier patreons.

With any games, tv series, books, comics, what not. It's the "fandom" that is really the last ones to leave the building though. Why would it be any different for his game?

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
You dont know that for sure...
  • There's a natural law of karma that vindictive people, who go out of their way to hurt others, will end up broken and alone. ...
Life ain't "My name is Earl" bro :p

I rather believe in Murphy's law.... Karma is a wishful thinking of poetic justice at best. To many bad people got away with to much bad shit for karma to be true.

Deleted member 833007

Aug 20, 2018
Life ain't "My name is Earl" bro :p

I rather believe in Murphy's law.... Karma is a wishful thinking of poetic justice at best. To many bad people got away with to much bad shit for karma to be true.
Nah..its just that your too young too understand the depth of it.Karma == Consequences.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Karma is a human invention to make us feel good about the idea of 'balance in the universe.' That good guys get rewarded and bad guys always get punished in the end. It doesn't really hold water when I ask you to look at something like Unit 731 or various government administrations that have happily marched people into thinly veiled wars and still get to cash out a fat pay-check to this day.

It's more apt to say, 'if you live by the sword, you'll die by the sword' than anything, because doing bad shit just increases your chances of meeting a bad-end. Actions have consequences, but not all of them catch up to you personally.

I believe the universe is chaos, life is chaos,
and that chaos itself is subjective.
'What's chaos for the fly is normal for the spider.'

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
It's more apt to say, 'if you live by the sword, you'll die by the sword' than anything, because doing bad shit just increases your chances of meeting a bad-end. Actions have consequences, but not all of them catch up to you personally.

I believe the universe is chaos, life is chaos,
and that chaos itself is subjective.
'What's chaos for the fly is normal for the spider.'
Further up at the top you are, the less likely you to face any consequences in the regard of "live by the sword and die by the sword". All you can really hope for is bad things fall to them that deserve it, but the world isn't really geared that way.

Think I'm more in the camp of "nice guys finish last".

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Further up at the top you are, the less likely you to face any consequences in the regard of "live by the sword and die by the sword". All you can really hope for is bad things fall to them that deserve it, but the world isn't really geared that way.

Think I'm more in the camp of "nice guys finish last".
It's more about the little details than anything I think.

You can fuck over hundreds of normal working joes and you'll get away with it (For so long), if you've got the power...Fuck with people who are also high on the ladder next to you, and well...you're on a slippery slope down into the mud-heap.

Anyway discussing these philosophies is far too high-brow and too off topic.

Far more important is when you're gonna reveal yourself as Keyser Soze of F95.
Add an extra layer of depth to the story,
reveal yourself as the Emperor Palpatine to Gumdrops Lord Vader.

Last edited:
Reactions: sob
2.10 star(s) 188 Votes