VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

Zertidus

Apr 7, 2019
AFAIK, we had those excuses in 2019 (I don't know the previous ones)
  • The "4 animations that delayed the September 10th release"
  • The "We have to do redo almost all animations and this time we do in 16K"
  • Now it seems we are aiming toward "Fatcat didn't finish the animations so we have to look for another animator, local"
I wonder how long can he still push back the Episode X before everything crumble apart, and even Abby realize this was B.S. all along?
Ofc, I'm sure Gumdrop will find something along "My Goldfish ate my hard drive and all our assets and work is gone"

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
There is no update. I have been saying this for months after I gained access to his "evidence" and I will keep saying it. No rational person behaves like this if he/she was doing any work. That hasn't changed at all. In fact the obvious problems I first noticed, like the lack of new assets, clothing, environments, scene set-up (he loves blurring backgrounds for this reason), etc. have become even more apparent. His skills (be it post-processing, texturing, or animation, which he should have learned himself) haven't improved at all in over 2 years. How do you explain this considering he claims he has worked non-stop on this?(...)
I am a longtimer on this thread too. Personally I think it vastly more probable that gumdrop does only a few things to keep a scam alive, but at the moment we cannot fully dismiss the possibility that gumdrop really is both lazy and incompetent!
See Ed Wood: This guy was talented in many fields and for some unbelievable reason, he loved doing one of those few things he had no talent for, making films! He gave us such "classics" as "Plan 9 outer Space", never being able to see that he did something he was totally incompetent at, instead of doing things he was highly talented for.

Sometimes gumdrop´s verbose package of Lies he posts now and then remind me of someone unable to admit to himself that he does something he wants to do, but is incompetent at.

As said before, still I think it way more likely that gumdrop is a first class conman. Unfortunately, because "Dual Family" has much potential which now lies fallow, either because gumdrop is a fraud or incompetent. That is doch one of the reasons the longtimers on the thread are so angry! Because we see the potential there, squadered by it´s developer.
Personally I would like nothing more than to make a mod of Dual Family, but currently I have no time for such an undertaking.

Reactions: sob
Dec 24, 2018
I am a longtimer on this thread too. Personally I think it vastly more probable that gumdrop does only a few things to keep a scam alive, but at the moment we cannot fully dismiss the possibility that gumdrop really is both lazy and incompetent!
See Ed Wood: This guy was talented in many fields and for some unbelievable reason, he loved doing one of those few things he had no talent for, making films! He gave us such "classics" as "Plan 9 outer Space", never being able to see that he did something he was totally incompetent at, instead of doing things he was highly talented for.

Sometimes gumdrop´s verbose package of Lies he posts now and then remind me of someone unable to admit to himself that he does something he wants to do, but is incompetent at.

As said before, still I think it way more likely that gumdrop is a first class conman. Unfortunately, because "Dual Family" has much potential which now lies fallow, either because gumdrop is a fraud or incompetent. That is doch one of the reasons the longtimers on the thread are so angry! Because we see the potential there, squadered by it´s developer.
Personally I would like nothing more than to make a mod of Dual Family, but currently I have no time for such an undertaking.
I don't even think it's because Gumdrop is lazy and incompetent anymore, that's what I first used to think too but it's more than that. Gumdrop has almost certainly spent the majority of the last almost 2 years not working on the game at all, I think that much is certain. He's just greedy and wants to collect money for as little work as possible. I don't believe at all that these last almost 2 years are a result of struggling due to incompetence, they are purely a result of him not working on the game.

For the last almost 2 years he has been stringing along his subscribers, making it sound like the update was just around the corner, and then when the release date would be coming up he'd say he needs more time. If the update was so close to being done that he had a release date for it he wouldn't miss like 5 release dates over 2 years. If the update was close enough to being done you put out a release date for July 2018 but you had to delay it, you wouldn't miss the release date you put out for October 2018... or January 25th 2019 and so on. You miss one release date maybe it's real and some problems arose and you need more time (incompetence), but when you miss 5 over almost 2 years, you're full of shit and were never working on the game in the first place.

But regardless it is always possible that gumdrop can start working on the game again or that he already has recently, but I won't believe it till I see it, and nothing he put out recently makes me believe he has done anymore work than the work it took him to throw together the previews. In the next couple of weeks we're gonna see gumdrop announce that the animations weren't finished before fatcat left and he's gonna need to find a new animator, then we're probably gonna hear some of the animations fatcat made had to be redone to fit with the work the new animator did and other such excuses. I doubt he is currently working on the game again now, I doubt he plans to soon, 6 months from now the update still won't be out.

Jan 9, 2019
I don't even think it's because Gumdrop is lazy and incompetent anymore, that's what I first used to think too but it's more than that. Gumdrop has almost certainly spent the majority of the last almost 2 years not working on the game at all, I think that much is certain. He's just greedy and wants to collect money for as little work as possible. I don't believe at all that these last almost 2 years are a result of struggling due to incompetence, they are purely a result of him not working on the game.
I agree 100%, boggles my mind why so many people can't see this. I think many here can't let this mediocre game go. They are still clinging to delusions like patrons, although to a lower degree.

JinXXX

Jul 12, 2017
Most of all, i'm amazed how retarded this dev is business-wise. He would double his DF-income if he published an update at least once a year.

Reactions: dozermant

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
Most of all, i'm amazed how retarded this dev is business-wise. He would double his DF-income if he published an update at least once a year.
Yes and no. By releasing an update he runs the risk of it getting a negative response, i.e. people are pissed at the story direction or whatever and they actively cancel their patron. By not releasing anything other than pathetic teasers, he still has a brainless following willing to throw money at him for nothing.

Reactions: botc76

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I don't even think it's because Gumdrop is lazy and incompetent anymore, that's what I first used to think too but it's more than that. Gumdrop has almost certainly spent the majority of the last almost 2 years not working on the game at all, I think that much is certain. He's just greedy and wants to collect money for as little work as possible. I don't believe at all that these last almost 2 years are a result of struggling due to incompetence, they are purely a result of him not working on the game.(...)
I agree 100%, boggles my mind why so many people can't see this. I think many here can't let this mediocre game go. They are still clinging to delusions like patrons, although to a lower degree.
Hi and happy new year!
As I said in the same post you answer to, I find it vastly more probable that gumdrop is a conman, pulling a scam rather than a lazy, greedy incompetent developer! But there is a small chance that gumdrop truly is just an incompetent with delusions of grandeur.
I was one of the first to predict months ago that gumdrop would use fatcat as an excuse in the then future. Actualy one of the main reasons the longtimers on thread are so angry at "this mediocre game" is because we saw the great potential of it, which gumdrop squandered out of greed, stretching a tight coherent tale into small, filler-filled parts to suck money and now full-blown conning of others.

Reactions: botc76

nebsama

Aug 10, 2017
Holy fuck nearly 9 grand a month? This is hands down the biggest scam I've seenm I knew this was still going and i expected him to have a hardcore of patrons still clinging on, maybe 1k per month but 9 grand for this?

• Haha
Reactions: Rythan25 and botc76

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Act II Part I – Brisk, Less Bashful:rolleyes:

View attachment 503369
Has gumdrop stumbled over "Girls und Panzer"? This looks like the daughter wearing something like the Kuromorimine (Schwarzwaldgipfel) High school Panzer tournament uniform (Black uniform jacket, red shirt and skirt). There are tons of fanmade pics "shot up the skirts" of the various Girl schools on the net and this looks disturbingly like one of those.
Here are pictures for comparison (one uniform the other non-PG)

Last edited:
2.10 star(s) 188 Votes