VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Holy fuck... so, even when it's over, it's not over...
Remember it's only Act I. Gumdrop already stated up front that the game will have three Acts -- one to present the family, second to build up romance and third to consummate it. So there will be no sex scenes in Part X. Expect no sex scenes in Act II, either and maybe one sex scene in Act III. So you'll get canon coitus in this game in maybe 20 years, assuming gumdrop actually keeps up his hard work and provides one part per year.

dE_VoYd

Apr 3, 2018
last time he released a Christmas update, so this time i guess its a Halloween update... last years Halloween update...

Jan 9, 2019
If his discord it to be believed, he's put out a May 23rd release date........ even though the animation holding everything back has now been completed...... 3 months....... like wtf
Holy fuck... so, even when it's over, it's not over...
He has done no work whatsoever in the last 2 years. This is the closest thing to an admission of it that you will get. He is a literal scammer, not a milker. I was right: https://f95zone.to/threads/dual-family-v0-98-ce-gumdrop-games.1870/page-467#post-2398851

As I predicted there, if he ever releases anything it will be the mediocre product of a few weeks of work. That's why the "deadline" is in May, he will try to come up with something since he has absolutely nothing done right now.

Even that is not assured, since this scammer is a chronic liar and shouldn't be trusted. It's more likely that he won't even bother with a bullshit release and he is just buying time for a new excuse. Why a bullshit release is not likely? because it would expose all his lies. There is no chance he can make up for 2 years of work in a few weeks.

Oh, and in that post I linked I also predicted that his promotional images are recycled because he has done no work. The latest images that someone posted here (above) are recycled too. Check the dump of images I put in the link above, several months ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: fz, sob and yep10

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
He has done no work whatsoever in the last 2 years. This is the closest thing to an admission of it that you will get. He is a literal scammer, not a milker. I was right: https://f95zone.to/threads/dual-family-v0-98-ce-gumdrop-games.1870/page-467#post-2398851
True. Doesn't matter.

As I predicted there, if he ever releases anything it will be the mediocre product of a few weeks of work. That's why the "deadline" is in May, he will try to come up with something since he has absolutely nothing done right now.
True. Doesn't matter.

Even that is not assured, since this scammer is a chronic liar and shouldn't be trusted. It's more likely that he won't even bother with a bullshit release and he is just buying time for a new excuse.
Unlikely, unless IDK, he has debts to pay off and cares sweet fuck all what happens after May (or after June).

Why a bullshit release is not likely? because it would expose all his lies. There is no chance he can make up for 2 years of work in a few weeks.
And here's where you're wrong. Let's get two things straight:
  • He was able to push out monthly releases in the past. The quality is not on par with the latest state of the art, but unless he literally lost any skills that he did have, there's no reason why he can't put together an update in three months.
  • His patrons DO NOT CARE about the quality, or they would have moved on years ago. His style and coding hasn't moved forward for two years now, and people still want to support him, so in their eyes, a canon update is better than nothing and indeed, better than anything.
Whatever shit condrop releases (if he does release anything) is going to be pure gold to his cultists.

Oh, and in that post I linked I also predicted that his promotional images are recycled because he has done no work. The latest images that someone posted here (above) are recycled too. Check the dump of images I put in the link above, several months ago.
True, and sadly, it doesn't matter.

If the people not report him in patreon they not move.
Reporting him won't do anything. Patreon did suspend his account at least twice over content. He straightened it out with them. If his content complies with Patreon rules, Patreon won't do anything to him. Read their terms of service. There is no promise of quality or quantity of rewards published by the creator.
And reporting gumdrop might get you banned on patreon -- you'd be harassing a legitimate creator.
Their policy is: If you don't like what you're getting, stop pledging.

One likely scenario what will happen in May
Before 23rd, gumdrop will set up the scene for his latest (last?) con. He'll post objectionable content (calling out incest by name) which will get his account suspended. The suspension will last until June, whereupon his creator page will be reinstated.
Of course, this means patrons will not get their rewards for May, they'll have to pledge again to get Part X in June.
By amazing coincidence, his homepage will "expire" and he'll replace the landing page with the basic "how to set up your new website" page, then he'll heroically reinstate the page in June.
By the same coincidence, the release on steam will be uploaded, but it will show that it's under review (he'll upload the game and immediately ask for a review of the content).

• Wow
Reactions: fz
Jan 9, 2019
And here's where you're wrong. Let's get two things straight:
  • He was able to push out monthly releases in the past. The quality is not on par with the latest state of the art, but unless he literally lost any skills that he did have, there's no reason why he can't put together an update in three months.
  • His patrons DO NOT CARE about the quality, or they would have moved on years ago. His style and coding hasn't moved forward for two years now, and people still want to support him, so in their eyes, a canon update is better than nothing and indeed, better than anything.
Whatever shit condrop releases (if he does release anything) is going to be pure gold to his cultists.
This is not based on statistics. The guy has an abysmal comments/patrons ratio on Patreon. Most of his patrons seem to be dormant accounts or accounts of people who support so many games they forgot about this one. The idea that all his patrons are "cultists" is not based on facts.

And you can't compare a bullshit Christmas release with an allegedly real one. The latter being garbage would certainly finally convince many people that this is a scam.

And people should most definitely report him on every platform, it's the least you can do to stop this scam. On Patreon report it for having prohibited content. On Steam, report him for scamming people with an unfinished and abandoned game (he also bans criticism on steam forums, so that's another angle). His sketchy payment method on his site also warrants further scrutiny (what kind of people are using it?). Also, is he paying taxes?

Saying that you would get "banned" by Patreon for reporting it is nonsensical. Patreon welcomes reports: "Patreon’s Trust and Safety team will always be happy to review content that raises concerns or goes against our guidelines". His content features both incest and rape.

Some ideas for the report (his site links to Patreon):
* Check the renpy script for banned content (including comments).

No legitimate reason to discourage people from reporting this scam.

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2019
FFS guy's those dates of his are just pulled out of his ass. He gives himself just enough wiggle room to take the heat off him now the FatCat excuse blew up in his face, when the time comes expect some new and exciting reason for why he has yet again done jack shit.
Oh yeah, I had forgotten about that, his FatCat excuse became completely invalid once FatCat confirmed he could still do commissioned work. So that could definitely be the reason for the 3 months "deadline" :LOL: , more than enough time to find another excuse.

GrimCreeper3

Oct 21, 2017
I really don't get how he gets 7k a month for no work how are people that naive that they think he will update his good but dead game.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
I said it before.
  1. Patreon does not and will not take down a creator page just because he's not releasing new content and is not sticking to his own deadlines. The reply is always, use your own judgment.
  2. Just because a creator stopped posting updates and apparently abandoned his project does not mean that his creations are suddenly orphaned works that are not covered by copyright. Joining patreon so you can legally obtain the last release is a valid method, so suspending a creator page over no updates would prevent this publishing method. This is an offence in some countries (withholding the ability to publish or withdrawing a previously offered publishing service to specific persons).
  3. His page was already suspended in the past for objectionable content. He worked with patreon to fix the game and his page was reinstated after a lengthy process.
He's not violating any guidelines and a patreon pledge is not a purchase (for legal purposes). If you have good reason to report him, patreon will take it seriously. But if a creator is harassed by people with endless reports, they WILL ban people who cry wolf.

However, he could be setting himself up for another suspension. He could, for example, report himself in May (after getting the proceeds for May), get his page taken down, work with patreon to reinstate his page in June (so he gets money from new pledges) and publish the game as soon as his page is back online.

This is not based on statistics. The guy has an abysmal comments/patrons ratio on Patreon. Most of his patrons seem to be dormant accounts or accounts of people who support so many games they forgot about this one. The idea that all his patrons are "cultists" is not based on facts.
Yeah sure, especially those who pledge $20. It's chump change. Oh, and refused payments? You can see that he recovers (recovered) after a drop in profits on the 1st of every month -- are those people who "forgot" about this game and are retrying pledges in bulk?

And you can't compare a bullshit Christmas release with an allegedly real one. The latter being garbage would certainly finally convince many people that this is a scam.
Wishful thinking. As I said, you certainly give his followers too much credit. If they haven't stopped pledging money for ZERO work shown, how will they stop pledging if there IS a highly-anticipated update? He has distilled his patrons to people desperate for the next release and will accept literally anything.

blackmagic616

Dec 29, 2019
I said it before.
  1. Patreon does not and will not take down a creator page just because he's not releasing new content and is not sticking to his own deadlines. The reply is always, use your own judgment.
  2. Just because a creator stopped posting updates and apparently abandoned his project does not mean that his creations are suddenly orphaned works that are not covered by copyright. Joining patreon so you can legally obtain the last release is a valid method, so suspending a creator page over no updates would prevent this publishing method. This is an offence in some countries (withholding the ability to publish or withdrawing a previously offered publishing service to specific persons).
  3. His page was already suspended in the past for objectionable content. He worked with patreon to fix the game and his page was reinstated after a lengthy process.
He's not violating any guidelines and a patreon pledge is not a purchase (for legal purposes). If you have good reason to report him, patreon will take it seriously. But if a creator is harassed by people with endless reports, they WILL ban people who cry wolf.
I don't know if it makes sense to explain it to him. The guy is deaf to arguments. He'll call you a shill or he'll say you're Gumdrop himself.

Wishful thinking. As I said, you certainly give his followers too much credit. If they haven't stopped pledging money for ZERO work shown, how will they stop pledging if there IS a highly-anticipated update? He has distilled his patrons to people desperate for the next release and will accept literally anything.
Agree. He can publish anything, and his patrons still will be happy and thankful. And I believe that he can actually do it.
He was able to publish chapters ~every three months in the past, so he can do it now - only if he thinks it's worth it. But why publish anything if the cash flows anyway?

Last edited:

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
Is this game even good anymore? We have had so many good games(renders) since it was last updated and it seems the quality of this game hasn't changed that much since the beginning. Even if he releases the update and that's a big IF I think it won't be that good and most will be disappointed by the low quality of the renders.

blackmagic616

Dec 29, 2019
Is this game even good anymore? We have had so many good games(renders) since it was last updated and it seems the quality of this game hasn't changed that much since the beginning. Even if he releases the update and that's a big IF I think it won't be that good and most will be disappointed by the low quality of the renders.
Yes, the story was pretty good. Although I don't have warm feelings for the author, I have to admit that the game itself was good. It is still better than vast majority games here, which are abandoned anyway before they reach chapter three or so. We currently have games with better graphics, but the one in Dual Family is still decent. The problem is that it lack of major updates for a long time. We had the Last Christmas standalone DLC, some bugfix releases and some extras (e.g. nude pinups), but except that, there is literally nothing since 2018.
We believe that the creator could handle this and make regular updates, but unfortunately he decides to go otherwise. To put it simply, he is probably not going to release anything before the number of patrons doesn't decrease significantly. Sad, but true.

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
I replayed this game a while ago, just to remind myself what the fuss was all about. Time hasn't been kind to this game, what once was ground breaking graphics and story telling is now just the average. There are far better games out there now, Being a Dik, Milfy City, The Headmaster, Areas of GRAY are all better games, and Light of my life, Picture Perfect and Come Inside tell far more interesting stories.

So yes, Gumdrop is living off past glories and he doesn't deserve the amount of patrons he has, not just because he is a scammer.

voldybuff

Jun 23, 2017
I liked the game because of the writing and pacing. The renders were just nice to have.

Reactions: blackmagic616

blackmagic616

Dec 29, 2019
I replayed this game a while ago, just to remind myself what the fuss was all about. Time hasn't been kind to this game, what once was ground breaking graphics and story telling is now just the average. There are far better games out there now, Being a Dik, Milfy City, The Headmaster, Areas of GRAY are all better games, and Light of my life, Picture Perfect and Come Inside tell far more interesting stories.
Are you kidding me? Milfy City has a better story? I don't want to judge you, but man... I won't say that this is a bad game, but story is just... You can't really take it seriously. I mean, can you imagine such talk in a normal life?
- Hey chomp, my favorite roommate! Wanna see how I work?
I won't even mention all the women with whom you can have sexual experiences as a teenager.

I agree that Comes Inside has a pretty nice story, but even here you have some... disadvantages. For example, our sister is exaggerated on so many levels that it suits cartoons more (or comedy) than adult games.
The Dual Family has one undeniable advantage: this story stays together. It is a little far-fetched, but you can still believe in it. You can't say the same for most erotic games.

Last edited:
2.10 star(s) 188 Votes