VN Ren'Py Dual Family [v1.22.1ce] [Gumdrop Games]

2.10 star(s) 188 Votes

TheFapperBoy

Aug 13, 2017
Hey guys! I got some breaking news! I managed to find even more Part X previews!

x_tre_30.png x_mal_05.png x_finx_10.png x_finx_06.png

Turns out... all I had to do was go into the files of the Last Christmas update from 2 years ago, and pick out any random image from there! Who would have thought we had that many Part X previews all along! :sneaky:

Dec 24, 2018
*Deep breathe as leans into the microphone*
...CAPTAIN'S LOG, DAY 53636376

He did it, the madman finally did it.
In the quiet of my Captain's Quarters, I did figure he 'might' actually release at least something by now, I mean, he had to put some fresh bait on the hook to keep the fishes swimming, even if it was just a 'half' update or some other lame excuse.

But no,
the man's done it.
Finally, he's delivered the sex scene we always wanted to see.

He fucked the Patrons.

Their were plenty of tears to go around, the Kommodant herself, tears in her eyes as he approached from behind creepy ol' Uncle Joe style.

"Y-You said the update would be here!"
And he whispered in their ear.
"Soon TM"

Well, the inevitable has finally come to pass and Gumdrops (Shockingly) has announced another delay, but more interestingly, the internal machine he's built to keep things going seems to be breaking down.

But first, a look at the 'post' to explain all this and 'ease' all the worries about this...eight delay? I've lost track, anyway, let's begin~

In short:
The game is not ready. More specifically, it will not be ready for the announced May 23rd release. Please cancel your pledge/subscription before the end of the month if you desire, as its development will extend past the beginning of June.

How kind of you to tell people to cancel their subscriptions! Especially with them all sunk so deep now into the sunk fallacy cost!

Not really much to say on this one to be honest, it's just the usual "I'm not the bad guy here, you can leave the cult anytime" shtick he's regurgitated at least a thousand times by now.

Why isn’t it done?
Simply put, we dragged our feet. Too much time, too little effort. FatCat isn’t working with us again until Act II’s animations, so this has nothing to do with him or his contributions. Two of our team members are no longer with us as of April due to financial difficulties. Myself and one other part-time member (local) remain on the team, working closely together on remaining animation fixes in Blender.

No. Fucking. Shit.

WinterW is probably clasping his hands together doing the macarena dance in macabre glee.

So, interestingly, you never thought until now to mention the 'supposed' two team members who have left? Seems odd, but I guess you held back on that info to launch it here as some kind of defense rather than letting people know prior.

Here's just a train of thought of questions:

-How does the two leaving affect an update that is supposedly only missing two animations (Which your animator was working on?)
- Does this mean 'other' work has not been completed and you've neglected to tell it?
- You once again emphasis on the 'local' part to your team, why? Is that supposed to impress people at this point? It's clearly not working. No one cares if you hire Pablo whose snuck over the Border and is hiding out in Arizona, they just want to see the work is done properly and complete. Hell, most people would be HAPPY if you did just out-source the work to competent people with a proven track record rather than just training up randoms from scratch which you claim to be doing.

To clarify, the changes in our team have nothing to do with Part X’s development and did not hinder or excuse the delays that have occurred. Poor management on my end, especially with a program like Blender that we’re completely new to, is the primary cause for this and other delays.
Procrastination, continued lack of action is merely a description for my full transparency to you; it’s most certainly not a justification for any behavior or error thus far. Everyone, myself included, are on the same page when it comes to this: just finish the fucking game.

If you're finally ready to admit the management here is abysmal, why on earth are you not re-thinking the strategy?

Also,
wait...

What?
WHAT?

Why is Blender now an issue? Why did you change over to a program you're unfamiliar with to begin with?
Why does any of that matter when it's just two animations that need doing that you've already out-sourced to Fatcat?

'Poor management' alone should not have justified a failure to release when there is just TWO ANIMATIONS LEFT which are supposedly out-sourced works anyway!

What is this weird circus you've managed to cobble together over the ashes of a once promising and interesting adult game?

When will it be done?
Summer. Date will not be announced until 100% completion, only upload remaining. No more misses.

Aka:
Soon TM

TL:DR: He then goes on to pledge to get some free subscriptions for people etc etc, the usual damage control once again.

What will you do going forward?
Have something to share with you more than another delay; to share with you, our supporters who ask for nothing but to continue the story.

Improving my management is just the start, the behavioral reinforcement that I’m going to hone every day. It’s not possible for me to promise in good faith there will never be another delay again; however, I can promise with absolute certainty that all information, the process will be available to everyone.

Pretty nebulous, empty statements given the current track record, also that's some balls letting people know "It's not possible for me to promise in good faith there will never be another delay again" given the circumstances.

Who are those ladies? It's been so long...

Dunno, but they can fuck off and get out my house before I call the cops.

NOW FOR THE 'REAL' GOOD STUFF

Far more interesting than all of this jargon is what's going on in the discord.

It seems the cult has finally began to internally crumble, their fears come realized as another deadline is missed.

For months, they've seen those on F95 as just vocal, jealous critics of the 'magnum opus' they were 'enthralled' by and involved in. It was us vs them in their eyes and finally the curtain is coming down bare to reveal the stark, naked, burned down Opera House that Gumdrops had just threw up an old pretty background cover to like in the old Star Trek episodes.

View attachment 665441
Even old criticisms long championed by WinterW and others about the actual extent of work done are finally beginning to seep through into the discord...And their noticing.

WinterW following the Gumdrops announcement.

Forced into slow mode and deleting as many negative comments as he can, the damage control is in full swing, but even they can't stop the harsh truth, Gumdrops played it like a fiddle.

Even the Kommodant herself has come to question the benevolent leadership of the great and glorious leader.

View attachment 665440

Abby (The Kommodant), and the other patrons, finally getting the red pill and seeing what's going on around them in the Gumdrops Discord.

P.S I know some of you over from that discord read this, and you've put Gumdrops on some Pedestal, I get the impression some of you have some warped sense he's your 'friend' who you have a deep relationship with.

You do not have a relationship with this man.
The only relationship you ever had was what he pledged to deliver as a creator, which he has failed to do numerous times.

As some of you 'squirm' so much at the notion when we say you're in a 'cult,' but I'd strongly recommend looking into the actual mindset of people in cults. You aren't in a 'death cult,' but don't worry baby, you're in one alright!

Will the show finally end and people abandon Gumdrops in droves? Unlikely, but the cracks are finally widening, and even the sycophants are finding it harder and harder to keep up the pretense that everything is alright under the hood.

But for now, my watch ends. Until NEXT TIME!

Anyway, this is your Captain,
Signing off.
View attachment 665449
Wow, I never thought his sheep, especially abby, would begin to realize that it's a scam. It's been over 2 years (and really everything gumdrop has been accused of has started long before the development of part 10 and has been obvious to anyone with a brain for much longer than 2 years) but I still figured they'd never open their eyes to this shit since it's been so obvious for so long yet they still acted like nothing was wrong. Maybe they actually have a couple brain cells after all.

Reactions: hiya02

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
That´s bull and you know it! Chummer, why is this thread so full with memes, jokes, cynism and scorn? Because many of us have been with this game from the start, saw the potential, the really great renders (even if he overused dutch angles his renders are still in the upper third today) and recognised that gumdrop got overwhelmed by his own greed.
Before I proceed further, let me just repeat what I wrote before:
Before I go further, I'll add that he could be mendacious and is just posting this to appease people while he just made enough money so far and now makes off with it to be never seen again.

Even when he still updated, he broke most promises and lied throughout development. He was caught obviously lying in late 2017/early 18 at least three times.
He missed deadlines and tried to weasel out of responsibility.

Kindly explain to us why he does not update with Part X without the missing animations? A lot of users do not even like animations in VNs! Update now and patch in the animations later, that would be no problem. Gumdrop would regain some trust and there are several developers, hobby and professionell, who did that, updating now, upgrading later.
I've no idea, you can suggest it to him.

Recently developer 3diddly finally completed "Katie´s Corruption" after a long absence and he expressively stated he did it for free and to regain trust of his patrons!
And that's what gumdrop said he's doing, he's going to post part X to all people who pledged between part IX release and part X.

I tell you why he does not update and even now lies about his intentions. He has done nothing or only so few stuff, that he can never explain a delay of two years, if he would update.
I already said that before. The game got huge and with no team (at least he acknowledges that he has team members now) bad time management and plain laziness, you can't hope to complete it on time.

Chummer (a virtual brownie point for a virtual hug if you know where that phrase was popularised), if you really are on Gumdrops team, tell him to postpone the animations ONLY and release the update without them.
I never said I was on Gumdrop's team. Some people here suggested I am a shill for him, that I'm part of his team or that I'm the man himself.
If I were in his position, I would have announced in 2018 that I'm taking a break before developing Part X because it will take much longer than earlier parts.
I'd ask in polls what content patrons want me to include, whether adding animations is something they all want or if they want to skip it. Whether they want all threads wrapped up before Act II, or if they can hang loose and unresolved in this title or maybe will be put in a future production. Finally, whether they want to have one large Part X, or if they wanted to make it roughly the same size and spread out the content to Act II and march on straight to it.

Alternatively, this is just a try to quieten down the fact that after two years you cannot show even some new pics!
Funny how his fans can't grasp this simple idea and keep throwing good money after bad.
On the bright side:

It looks like he already lost a couple of patrons since his last post (graphtreon shows 739, I see 738 on patreon, so it's going to keep dropping). We'll see if the downward trend continues or if his patrons are really dumb sheep who will keep on financing his lifestyle.

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
Kyle is obviously incompetent, lazy, inexperienced, lying peace. He/she will never deliver update. This game is abandoned people and have been abandoned for 2+ years. Lol, he/she really thought that he/she could use Christmas update pics and no one would notice. Man he/she really is that dumb. If you are die hard fan of Scum(Gum)drop, if you're his/her patron, stop supporting him/her. How many missed self imposed deadlines one have to break so you can understand that he/she is just milking you. He/she only gives you excuses and lies. No real proof that he/she do anything. Stop the scam, you have power over him/her.

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
Also i would suggest that anyone who is more capable than Scumdrop continue the story of DF. Just rename it, use different characters for Mom, Sis and two MC (Son, Father). Erase dream sequence, desperate dialogs and make the story progress. Cuz this one is garbage.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Kyle is obviously incompetent, lazy, inexperienced, lying peace. He/she will never deliver update. This game is abandoned people and have been abandoned for 2+ years. Lol, he/she really thought that he/she could use Christmas update pics and no one would notice. Man he/she really is that dumb. If you are die hard fan of Scum(Gum)drop, if you're his/her patron, stop supporting him/her. How many missed self imposed deadlines one have to break so you can understand that he/she is just milking you. He/she only gives you excuses and lies. No real proof that he/she do anything. Stop the scam, you have power over him/her.
My uneducated guess: He knew very well that people would realize those renders had been taken from the Christmas episode. He did it on purpose to keep on ridiculing them and prove that he gets away with any shit he does. No one posts those renders without noticing there's a huge Christmas tree in the background.

Reactions: Hound_013

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
My uneducated guess: He knew very well that people would realize those renders had been taken from the Christmas episode. He did it on purpose to keep on ridiculing them and prove that he gets away with any shit he does. No one posts those renders without noticing there's a huge Christmas tree in the background.
Idk if he/she is to stupid to miss that or, like you said, he/she does it on people (patrons) ridiculing them in their face, knowing that he/she will get away with this. What's worse is that no matter how much you tell his/her patrons that he/she is milking them, that there are no real proof of his/her work, that he/she is missleading them and using them to get free money and so on, those same patrons still support him/her. If you are all ready to give your hard earned money for nothing then i'll start patron myself and be open to the people and say ''Hey send me all your money you can, in return i'll do nothing, just sit in front of my laptop or watch TV or something''.

Reactions: Aristos

byskup

Apr 26, 2017
Idk if he/she is to stupid to miss that or, like you said, he/she does it on people (patrons) ridiculing them in their face, knowing that he/she will get away with this. What's worse is that no matter how much you tell his/her patrons that he/she is milking them, that there are no real proof of his/her work, that he/she is missleading them and using them to get free money and so on, those same patrons still support him/her. If you are all ready to give your hard earned money for nothing then i'll start patron myself and be open to the people and say ''Hey send me all your money you can, in return i'll do nothing, just sit in front of my laptop or watch TV or something''.
Hi man just a little help with using "he/she":
It hurts my eyes a little bit :) No offence though.
cheers

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
Hi man just a little help with using "he/she":
It hurts my eyes a little bit :) No offence though.
cheers
Thanks. No offence taken. English is not my native language. I know it's bad. I just didn't know if Kyle is Man or Woman. That's why i used that.

fotogaik

May 13, 2017
Hi fotogaik, old Chummer! Why do you answer posts (thread post 11,819) directed to user SDDA? Freely after Stanley: Double account oops, I presume?;)
D'oh. My bad, I somehow missed that you were replying to SDDA. But seriously, why assume bad faith and accuse me of a double account?

Pal_

Jul 13, 2017
I wouldn´t say so. I donated 1 dollar, to publicy speak my mind on his patreon page. He deleted it after 10minutes. It wasn´t even harassing or so, just a very critical comment. Seems he couldn´t handle the truth. The response was to one part of my comment, where I told him, that these pics are obviously copy&pasted from his christmas version. The ironic thing is, even his discord members recognized these recycled pictures from the christmas version. He could at least have tried to use other pictures, that no one has seen until now, but he obviously can´t ;)

Gumdrop.JPG

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
D'oh. My bad, I somehow missed that you were replying to SDDA. But seriously, why assume bad faith and accuse me of a double account?
How many emojis I have to set to convey the humour in the post?;):) Look at how it was worded, an accusation would be quite different.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I wouldn´t say so. I donated 1 dollar, to publicy speak my mind on his patreon page. He deleted it after 10minutes. It wasn´t even harassing or so, just a very critical comment. Seems he couldn´t handle the truth. The response was to one part of my comment, where I told him, that these pics are obviously copy&pasted from his christmas version. The ironic thing is, even his discord members recognized these recycled pictures from the christmas version. He could at least have tried to use other pictures, that no one has seen until now, but he obviously can´t ;)

View attachment 667080
Reading this makes me think gumdrop really takes the cake and not one of the good ones! He either is a conman protecting his scam as long as possible or an overwhelmed, delusional Dev believing himself to be the next "Key", "Mages Inc." or "Sekai Project"! For those not deep into VNs, these three studios are the makers of so famous VNs like Clannad, Summer Pockets, Stein´s Gate, Chaos Child, Sunrider or Little Busters, to name a few.

Jan 9, 2019

View attachment 667080
"before jumping back to the present" :ROFLMAO:

This is the funniest shit I have read from this scammer. It's like satire at this point.

"Yeah, ehhmmm, the new update will be the MC having a very long dream about what happened in the previous updates, yeah that's it. So it will conveniently consist of exclusively old renders. No, I can't show any new renders for part XXX which I'm totally working on, because Kevin from the Advertisement Department told us it's not a good business decision. Kevin is a local guy I hired btw, totally an expert and very real, who I trained in our training center. Yeah, we have a very big office for this totally real project and multiple employees, but convienently all the online ones have suddenly left because of financial problems (this is what happens when they don't get trained in our training complex). Yeah, my bad, we overspent on the 342 GPUs we bought, because we care a lot about finishing this totally real project. What? old renders don't need GPUs? right, but this is for part XXXXX which will be an open-world MMO, early patrons will get a special in-game hat, with SCAMMED printed on it (this will be an exclusive faction). Anyway, you can start dreaming about the long awaited very real update, which will be a dream itself (a dream inside a dream with dutch angles, ready for Cannes). Every dream you have about the dream is basically my future work projected into your mind, so I will have to keep asking for your support."

How long before this scammer announces his church?

Last edited:
2.10 star(s) 188 Votes