Collection - RPGM - Completed - Dungeon Dreams Collection [v2024-06-13] [DDreams Games]

1. 3.00 star(s)

John Bon Clay

Okay to make things clear I'm rating this a a game and not an adult game because if you want to fap this won't do it for you.

As a dating sim and all the first game is the more polished and the second game has more interesting characters.

I didn't complete the second game and I nearly completed the first.
    What the other reviewer is talking about is a little bit not so because you can speed up combat speed. But he is right about needlessly trying to drag the game out.

Also you can't rush the levels, if you do you may end up missing a lot of content. In the second game there is/was even a bug if you didn't talk the blacksmith between two times you would get stunlocked and fucked. Coz the two missions overlapped and you got stuck at a position after it.

Anyway as a dating sim and fun moments I strongly recommend the first game. It's as solid 3 star. I also love how the boss music kicks in whenever Grant shows up. Due to moments like that I would even say it's a 4 star. As it's a memorable thing.
    The second game just had what I wanted but yet not.. Hard to explain.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Rastafoo

Holy fuck this is the shittiest game I've played in a while.

The dev doesn't have a reputation of making good games, but I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. Enjoy a half hour intro sequence with a mediocre plot setup (rebel god sealed away caused this magic dungeon to appear).

THE COMBAT IS ASS. Between every turn you have to wait like 5-10 seconds to strike. There is no purpose to this besides STRETCHING the game content for as long as possible. He did this in the sequel title Faylinn Quest as well. All so he can brag "Over 50 hours of content". Yeah, fifty hours of standing around doing nothing! If you actually streamline this game and remove the long waits between turns, its easily under 10 hours.

Although it advertises relationships, there is no way to actually track affection; because there are no stats to tangibly reflect your romantic progress. When a game like HuniePop has better game mechanics than you, that's a sign the game is shit.

Assuming you love bare bones mechanics, stock sfx, inconsistent artwork, and long wait times between moves - what does the game actually do to entice you? Nothing! A good example is the first dungeon.

The dungeon in this game is fully randomized. Other games rely on a strong plot setup to get players to put up with lacking dungeon design, but this game has a poor setup.

So the first time I entered the dungeon it was a VERY LONG HALLWAY with 1 potion at the end, that took like 45 seconds to traverse. The second time I entered it was A GIANT EMPTY ROOM with some bats flying around. The third time around it was a ZIG ZAG LAYOUT like those mazes mice run in.

Total randomization can be done right, but this is a game where it is done completely wrong. Within the first hour you'll be disappointed in a hundred different ways, which leaves you wondering - why bother playing the next 10 hours? If you don't like the first hour, don't invest 10.

This developer has always exaggerated his promises to the point of borderline lying. Like when he claimed all the games share a continuity as they retcon like 90% of the previous experience. I am not saying this to rag on the dev, I'm saying this because he markets his games as a continuous continuity. So you should understand going in, that this isn't true. If you're hoping to play this game under the impression its part of a long running continuity, I caution you against that.

Play this game only if you have the patience of a saint. As for me, I'm hitting "ignore" on this thread and never looking back.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

FrostEye

Oh yes I love it when NPC can spit to your face because you don't treat them right...
    It might be somewhat repetitive but this is not all about action to begin with... It's like playing stardewvalley but dungeon... Every little things is taken to attention and might change the story and conversation a little but fun.. so yeah I think that's the perfect way to describe it
  4. 5.00 star(s)

TheFapperOfEarth

Never expect to find this game on this site.

I'm already play male version multiple times. It time to try female one.
    While is far from perfect game and have flaw in many area.
    This game have so much content IN TOWN. Which have a lot of npc, and also party members and most of them have unique class that mc can't have.
    They all have backstory, problem and uneasiness in their life, It not that writing is the best or anything but there are something which let player explore and solve their problem. Dialogue of npc are impressive they update almost every 4 floor and our action that may affect that npc. The many choice in this game is real, consequence is real not some shit choice that affect next dialogue and over.

The flaw is quite obvious when you play for a while. I don't want to mince word to wrong impression.

-Fight is repetitive, there lack variety of monster and a lot of them rush to player the more deep dungeon the more monster.I personally recommend use some speed plugin there help a lot to accelerated that slow ATB systems which make fight a lot faster without cheating anything just make unnecessary waiting time shorter.

-Too many thing not told easy to miss event completely, even with guide I'm still miss sometimes. But blind play through is still fun if you don't mind miss something or even miss party member unique class or lose them completely

-Pacing is some what weird. Many people concern if they need to rush dungeon so they will miss any event. It actually opposite most of missing event come from rushing dungeon and not visit someplace in town. There are barely quest that need you to rush, and those quest are quite clear that you need to rush to some point of dungeon(someone got curse, racing with ... or something like that). It design to come back to town and do quest event that usually unlocked(and locked if proceed too far in dungeon) every 4 floor. And usually need to stop at same floor many times if you plan to do all content.

-Grinding. While main source of money is pick item off the ground which random item and random dungeon layout which is what I like. Fight is usually need in progress you try to pick item anyway. And this game most of thing need a lot of money. Especially build many facility in town. Money never enough even when I reach ending.

-Lackluster in romance. While you can marriage, you can date with multiple girl, they always fight each other when put in same party(which I really didn't expect lol.) dialogue is underwhelming.

-RNG is use to trigger many quest that involve some party member, and also some special rooms in dungeon that my +100 hrs record still never encounter some of rooms, event.

-Wind crystal, AKA only item that let you return to town with item and money intact. They may be problem for some people because in again RNG they can found since floor 1 and get them every floor or you will never found them and is need almost all the time to return to town. With complete quest and pickup early game net you around 5 Wind crystal and if it you can't find any extra in those 5 trips then is real shit. Without cheating with save file and change number of Wind crystal before is zero I don't think I can play at this state(never actually happen to me though, but is possible).

Despite all flaw is really enjoyable for me. To be clear is not just no sexual content, is no nudity at all. And I didn't expect is to be here lol.