Unity - Completed - Dungeon & Maid [Grimhelm]

1. 3.00 star(s)

HGamingKen

Grimhelm's work before the day of Alien Quest: EVE. In contrast to that game, this is... actually decent. It's not the best platformer you'll ever play but it certainly isn't the worst.

-Art: much like other Grimhelm games, this game has very good art. Animations is smooth and fluid as always. Of course being a much earlier work means that this isn't as good as something like EVE. The environment is super boring, virtually no changes throughout the game and enemy design in this game despite looking good is pretty inconsistent to the "Dungeon" theme.

-Sounds: pretty tame but serviceable compared to other Grimhelm games. SFX is ok, nothing too amazing and music is still drones, but bosses do have actual battle themes to it, and I think that's not bad.

-Gameplay: unlike the two games after this, Dungeon & Maid is much better in terms of gameplay.
    Enemies are strangely designed but still obeys the laws of the game, albeit they are quite boring.
    Mechanics aren't anything deep, you don't have stat upgrades through menus but instead by finding treasure chests and secrets throughout the map. You have 2 weapons, and one of them is your Mega Man wannabe spells that can semi-automatically shoot fireballs, or you can charge it for either a bigger fireball or a giant piercing beam. The other one is a clear screen type bomb, a very expensive one that deals... a bit too much damage on the boss admittedly. This one is expensive, but it sure as hell makes the game much less boring. Everything except bomb is connected to a mana bar which you can regain via potions, a bit of management here and there isn't so bad.
    Movement is fairly simple, a bit too simple in fact. You can walk, double jump and dash. That's it. Dash have no invincibility, and your walk speed is miserable. Despite so, I have no problems with this due to the fact that the enemies don't have anything that you can't simply double jump/dash away.
    Bosses is also simple, but they works just fine. They still requires skill and planning and isn't designed to force you to cheese. Still you can just... bomb them and they die super fast.

-H-content: decent amount of scenes, and "masturbation" also gives you back mana so there's still not much but a tiny amount of sex combined with mechanics. It's not entirely one but it's better none.

-Map: the design of the map is too simple and weird. Even so it's not rage-inducing to get through most of them, and you're not easy to get lost anyways thanks to how straight-forward it is. Still, it's understandable that Grimhelm's first work has not the best map design of all.

=Conclusion: it's a basic, rudimentary platformer that's not impressive in many areas, a textbook Metroid-like game. It's fairly basic presentation is surprisingly a good thing, because Grimhelm's older works flops in the gameplay aspect very hard, this one on the other hand, works fairly fine. If you want to look at better H-scenes or presentation, play other Grimhelm games. But if you want a legit normal and not infuriating gameplay, play this game instead. 6.5/10
  2. 2.00 star(s)

wafw111

Just great art... annoying parts in game control and convenience
    I didn't even want the story, but the sense of accomplishment is zero. I recommend viewing only the gallery. Or play ailen quest.
    You can think of it as a beta version of the Alien Quest game and play it.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

YuuMoka

Fun and short plataformer took me 1 :30 hours to 100% it.

The art if really good and the animations are fluid, the fighting is a bit of a dodge and spam attack tactic with fun power ups that make the fights a bit more interesting.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

xa0

Quite good platformer that combines interesting combat with good sex scenes. Too bad it's censored.

Not sure about story and why main character is maid but at least she's cute and sexy.

Main flaw? Not enough sex scenes. One per enemy and not every enemy has one.

Still worth playing.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

fantasmic

I made the mistake of playing this after playing the dev's newer game (Alien Quest Eve). But on the bright side, it's nice to see how he improved between them.
    - There's no plot. Why dungeons? Why maid?
    - Bosses often require cheese or smart bomb spam
    - The stun after h is too long, which is made even worse since there are tentacle traps which auto-molest and a flying enemy whose homing attacks auto-molest
    - There are some power-ups you have only one chance to get, and you'll likely miss a few power-ups in the first area since you can't backtrack and there's no warning when you swap zones.
    + The art is good

Overall, it's a fairly compentant platformer. It's not that long either, so there are worse ways to spend your time if the game seems at all interesting.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

RubberMartine1979

I have played this game for a while now and i really enjoying it a lot.

Only complain i have is to not have a option for key binding.

Other then that i having a fun and amazing time with this cute and adorable game.

So my rating is mostly missing one star for just key binding issue.

Good and amazing graphics, lovely sound as well. So very good work to creator of this game. <3
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Darkestjuni

An okay platformer with very good graphics.

This game doesn't focus on gameplay heavily and need proper expectations as how well implemented some ideas are. From a game design perspective you can find a lot of unpleasant things:

• Enemies stunlocking
    • Passages you might not get out of very well
    • Game mechanics which can be abused
    But nonetheless this might not be the best platforming, but there are still fun levels, you just need the patience for them. The bosses are well made and not too easy.

Although the concept of dying-to-get-graphics is still a very questionable one, the quality of imagery is great so for some this could make up for it.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

jackofshadows

Shitty platformer but I just can't rate any lower than 5 because animations and art in general are too great for this subgenre. It was a lot of fun.

Doesn't support controller at all which is a shame but the game is not too long or difficult to actualy bother. Also there are some special ultra-power attack by holding fire button so constant spamming is not mandatory.
  9. 1.00 star(s)

Detective Cancer

Great art? Check.
    Nice animations? Check.
    Floaty controls? Check.
    Badly positioned enemies? Check.
    Awful weapons? Check.
    Hitbox parking? Check.
    Yeah that's a Grimhelm game alright.
    This one doesn't have a cheat menu though.
    That's too bad, it's the only reason anyone should launch it.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

username not specified

The art and animation quality alone warrant a rating of 5. That's not to say that the gameplay is bad or anything - it's still far better than the majority of hentai games out there. There's a large variety of enemies, a decent combat system, boss fights, etc, and almost (if not all) enemies come with their own gameover animation.
  11. 1.00 star(s)

demoka

The game part is bad, sometimes you get stuck in the walls or floors. Seriously bugs everywhere. Difficulty spikes then doesn't. Good news though, you can exploit saves because the items in the save room come back lol. Still frustrating.

Sex animations are ok. Nothing special mostly. Sometimes the pacing on them speeds up too much and it looks like she's being shaken to death instead of fucked.

I'd say get a save and check out the animations to see if you like them, but actually you gotta edit the Windows registry to do that, wtf? I don't think it's worth the trouble.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Dhal9

Quite an excellent hentai sidescroller. Art is great and animations are nice. Way better than most of its peers. Would reccomend this to anyone looking for a good platformer that is truly in the vein of metroid and megaman.