Unity - Completed - During the Battle!? [Final] [gensoutei]

1. 5.00 star(s)

TheRetroAiden

I really liked the gameplay, it feel like a generic game that came out in the old days and its one of those games where I would play it over and over and had style of art felt during those times. I will definitely come back and play this again for sure no matter how many times. I hope for more games (for Gensoutei)
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Randousername

Figured I'd try this because I loved the concept, but this is basically a barebones demo that doesn't adequately deliver on the premise.

The game consists of an auto battle between the warrior NPC and the dragon. The dragon and warrior will trade blows and the player chooses how they want to harass the priest that round. You gain exp by defeating the dragon and by successfully harassing the priest. Exp is spent on stats that either increase your chance of successful harassment or allow the warrior to survive more rounds so you can progress further with the priest. It's reminiscent of the old JSK games except much more primitive and menu-driven.

There's no true ending and the game only takes 30 minutes or so to "finish", but it still manages to drag due to the slow attack animations and wait time between turns. The time gating is painfully apparent since there's no substantial dialogue or buildup. You're just clicking a button and then waiting for animations to play and dialogue to advance.

I'll never penalize a game with middling graphics as long as it's got a solid premise and execution, but this game does so little to explore its concept that it feels like an animation gallery with extra steps. I can't really recommend the game to anyone but there's a part of me that really wants to see this exact same concept except done with proper effort.