Ren'Py - Dying Dream [v0.6.5] [Skoegul]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2986322

I love this game !
    Renders -5/5
    Girls-5/5
    Isekai-5/5
    Dialogue-5/5
    I played the 0,4 version. I can't wait for another update this game will be one of my favorite
    Loved the prison school reference with the...Principale
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2965494

Just finished this for the first time. The math questions had me worried a little but then I realized I missed a single detail. I got wrong only one answer. The game itself is really good. Characters are well created, there are some easter eggs but they are not too much. Good game indeed. Can't wait to see where the story goes from now on.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

sour candy

Gotta say, this might be one of the best games I've played here!

Writing is good, lots of dialogue options too, and the prologue (when MC was still alive) got me hooked instantly. The characters seem nice, but in the current build there's not a lot of time to bond and really get to know them, but from what's there, there is a lot of room for growth and depth.

Also love the puzzly bits, and I hope there's more of it in future builds.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

zerdeca

This was a good update of what I think could end up being a really good game. The concept is interesting and the world the dev has made is intriguing. It looks like this game is going to be very ambitious but it sounds like the dev figured out the story before he jumped into making it a game which makes me a little less concerned about its future.

Some things I want the dev to know about:
    • The game is too bright. Hopefully the dev works on fixing the lighting
    • I think most the girls look great!
      • The teacher and the lunch lady were the best one's in the game for me. I don't think the lunch lady says anything though so hopefully she'll have more of a roll in the future instead of just sitting in the background.
      • This comes down to personally preference but I wasn't a big fan of Chisa's face. It didn't look great to me but it was also just physically hard to look at because of how bright her skin is with the current lighting. Her facial features just kind of melt into each other.
      • I think Penelope's mouth is a little too big for her face but I still like her model.
    • The math/history test was kind of annoying. I was able to get through it fine but the fact that we have to do algebra and fake history way before we see the first sex scene was a little frustrating. I normally think mini games are fine but if I have to pull out a pen and paper or memorize dates in an alternate universe's history it feels more like a chore than a game.
    • I know this game is made using Honey Select but it still seems pretty low res which doesn't pair well with the lighting. I think fixing the lighting for future updates will help a lot with that (I promise this is the last time I complain about the lighting).

Like I said the concept is interesting but it's a little disappointing that we're just living somebody else's life until we're done with our mission and they take it back. It makes none of the relationships ours since they'll ultimately belong to the guy when we give him his body back. It's like we're putting in all the work just for this other guy to take all the credit. Maybe other people don't mind that but it was just something that made it difficult for me to really care about any of the people there (other than Alice since she stays with us).
  5. 5.00 star(s)

cheer1o_o

Oh, this shit was amazing! I'm looking forward to the next release. This is one of the best games I've ever played, the Dev is a genius. These are my words, no one told me write something like this, trust me. :BootyTime:

Seriously though, the game looks extremely promising! There is not much to complain about, except for the visuals that look a bit outdated. But who cares if the game is good!

I really liked the concept itself and the build-up. The MC is not OP from the beginning and you gotta grind to become more powerful, but in this game it's actually fun. The characters, the dialogues, the humor, the situations - all this makes the game even better.

Keep up the good work!
  6. 5.00 star(s)

SkyRaider

Really enjoyed that first build, the project looks very promising. Much diversity which the female characters, all finely made so really cool !
    I really like how the character slowly power up through the story, and how the choices we have really impact the gameplay. Special mention to the school tests which are pretty difficult hahaha.
    Can't wait to see what you'll come up next.

Godspeed.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Wafflewaffuru

I'll be rating the game based on what content there is, the graphics, the story, etc.
    +The concept of the story itself is already unique. It took the best parts of inspiration from what was waifu academy, and made it it's own unique thing. Completely unexpected, and honestly had a really fine balance of comedy, lewd, story and gameplay.

+The graphics were extremely well-done, well rendered and well animated. There's not much more you can honestly say about that. All the character models were charming cute and really stood up with the story.

+Gameplay was well done and had a nice blend of micromanaging, the choice system was fun too. A lot of the time you got to make choices that really built the world and that's always something I look for in games. World building is just lost in most games.

The only negative I had was the tests. The first two questions were easy but the missing fry, and the smorgasbord of ingredients after made it really annoying lol. That was probably the only negative I had of the game.

I really hope to see this get developed further, the cliffhanger really left me on edge because there's no telling who it could have been. Lol.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

NeZKyMaN

So, I'll point out that I don't usually play unfinished games - I make an exception only for very early versions when they catch my eye and I'd like to consider supporting the author (and that was the case here).

The rating is for the game version [v0.3]
    (+) The main character in the slim version, looks almost the same as me about 10 years ago xD (eye color, hairstyle, even most facial features - not to mention situational similarities) so getting into his plight was child's play for me;
    (+) the girls have their own charm and each has slightly different characteristics;
    (+) on the one hand, the story is based on a simple premise, but on the other hand, it has a lot of mystery, which is certainly a nice flavour, because while in most titles you know more or less what will happen next, in this case it is really difficult for me to guess what adventures await the main character and his surroundings;
    (+) the fantasy (magic) aspect adds even more variety to the game world - I only hope the author does not overdo it ;-)
    (+) i like the elements of metamorphosis in this type of games, so I hope for even more of them in the future (which suggests the description of the author's game) such flavors as a change of location, appearance, items and so on are really cool (I also hope that the issue of metamorphosis will also affect the characters around us, just depending on the given choices -.^
    (+) surprisingly, mechanically the game is good - we have here a few flavours which add variety to the gameplay. These elements really score a lot of points in the overall perception of the game, because there are not too many of them and they do not make you tired;
    (+) has erotic animations!
    (+/-) graphically, as far as the characters are concerned, it's really good, the backgrounds and elements of the environment are a bit worse, but I think it's a kind of a norm, so...
    (-) well, in this demo - I didn't feel that any decision made a bigger difference.

In general, there is not much to complain about. I very much like the author's description of how the game will look like, I'm a little afraid that all this sooner or later will outgrow him and in some of its elements will begin to appear some deficiencies and voids, because it is easy to make a demo version, but when it appears more and more complete product happens to go to authors to more and more easy.

I am very curious about these hidden stats and what impact they will have on gameplay. Will they change the very form of expression of other characters? Or even situations and scenes will be changed? At the very beginning of the game, the author strongly suggests playing without any help, so I assume that his intention is to create something that can be passed in several ways, and each of them will be satisfying depending on what we expect. It's a really cool approach and it sparked my imagination all the more.

As far as my personal taste is concerned I am hoping for:
    - I'm a fan of "loli" so I'd love to see that kind of character well unless you count the red-headed maid, although she's still probably not a typical "loli";
    - I also like NTR threads, but given that it's a topic that is quite different for a lot of players, I'd simply be in favour of introducing so called "avoidable NTR scenes" so that "the wolf is full and the sheep are whole".

In one word, I will be watching this game closely - but before financially supporting the author, I would like to see one more step forward (next patch or some other form of information that catches my eye and allows me to finally decide).

Good luck with your game!
  9. 5.00 star(s)

TadStrange

Sko, you've got a pretty solid game here and its start was very interesting. Executed pretty well and the story is straightforward. The girls all have interesting personalities and the fact you're being a mad lad planning on having up to 100 characters, mind you folks this is both male and female in the mix is a wild feat I look forward to you achieving. The potential of this game by story alone is far and wide. That cliffhanger at the end was also what truly sold me. May success and growth be in your journey.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

ttsheng33

Review 0.3

This game have make me enjoy so much it doesnt have grinding and the exam is interesting which it have many way to pass it.

The story is pretty enjoyable even it just a prologue, it also got some funny moment.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

Navarre66

v0.3 is a decent start.

Needs a walk-through mod though. I ended up having to copy all of the history text so that I could pass the test.

A scene gallery would be good as well. I see there is a phone but it doesn't like you have put it to much use yet.