Easiest way to make a game?

mac1000

Jun 17, 2017
Hello, i have a weird question. Is there any engline that is really easy to make a game, without knowing to code? Its a noob question i know, but i have a desire to have my own game for a very long time, like GIF based. I preferred to be a html, but its to hard for me to learn to code so i can make rooms, stats, etc..

Reactions: no im not

fsap1

Dec 2, 2017
I'd say keep it simple, use twine and tell your story with a few choices here and there, you don't need to create rooms, stats, etc.

mac1000

Jun 17, 2017
I would love to, but the story i got in mind requires me multiple places, stats, not to many characters for start

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
If requires multiple places, non linear, stats, etc, then there is no easy way to do it... Even if it's mostly text.

"some code", you'll have to touch.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Or maybe try hook up with someone who already know to code the stuff, and do a collaboration.

Also, learning how to code can seems very daunting at first. But if you take small baby steps, take a look at code out there, figure out how things work little by little. There is plenty of tutorials out there as well, and other reading aid.

no im not

Game Developer
Oct 5, 2018
Hello, i have a weird question. Is there any engline that is really easy to make a game, without knowing to code? Its a noob question i know, but i have a desire to have my own game for a very long time, like GIF based. I preferred to be a html, but its to hard for me to learn to code so i can make rooms, stats, etc..
There is how i learn python:

1.Download renpy
2.Download renpy game
3.Use renpy to change number and speak in game (highly recommend first releas game because it's clear)
4.When you know how is code work, try to create cheat mod
5.Ask other Dev in forum to code your idea

Congratulations you can make game now XD
sorry for my bad englissh

VRBaka

May 10, 2019
Creating game art is much more difficult then making simple gameplay.
But for gameplay I'll recomend using Unity and Playmaker. Yeah, Unity is pretty difficult to learn, but with Playmaker it is possible to make almost any game without a single line of code. You can make a platformer or an quest.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
Personally, I would say you're better off trying modding first before jumping into making your own game. You'll run into some of the same issues that you would as a developer of your own game but without the pressure.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Depending on what type of VN/Game you want to make, your choices will be limited, unless you are willing to dive into some coding... Even Ren'py requires some basic coding, that can either be easy or complex depending on what you want to include...

Twine doesn't require coding unless you want to begin adding complexity to the game mechanics... It has a semi-complex system for easy creation of HTML based non-linear stories with some interaction... If you want it to be more complex then a basic interactive story, then you have to know JavaScript Coding...

Really, there is no super simple way to make a VN/Game... There are just varying levels of complexity, again, depending on how complex you want the game interaction to be...

My suggestion is to watch some tutorial videos for each of the various engines to see what you find may work for you... But keep in mind, that VN/Game development is not just something anyone can just begin doing one day and expect to be done the next day, week, month, etc... It is a time consuming thing to do, and not everyone is good at it...

Zip