Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
I highly doubt Patreon are that proactive it's far more likely that someone reported the game not that they have some bot seeking out pages that possibly violate their terms of service.

pgm_01

Jan 11, 2018
He and pretty much all other adult game creators should move over to because Patreon is going to continue to be the content police. I know it is a pain in the ass to move to another platform, but under the rules of subscribestar most of the games being slapped by Patreon would be cool over there.
1. SIMULATED CONTENT
This includes, but is not limited, any computer generated, animated or otherwise artificially built video or still imagery/media, that does not effectively produce any live victims of any gender, age or race and whose participants/characters are unequivocally distinguishable from the real humans.

All content with such 3D/2D animated characters that perform any action, including intercourse, violence, bodily harm, etc. is permitted for being published on SubscribeStar platform.

The warning about type of the content and age limitation (i.e. 18+) must be clearly and publicly presented/displayed on the Profile Page of the related content creator and on the published material itself.

For all content marked 18+, and especially for the controversial, containing extreme violence, gore and other borderline content, we would advised creators to use third party hosting/storage providers, while using SubscribeStar© just as an announcement and payments/payout tool.

Delmach

Oct 3, 2017
Sigh, just got the email that said they got contacted by the taste police, wanting them to change (yet unknown) things. And since they already used Lewdpatcher it "might" or lets say hopefully, be something mundane, since the first two days are still modified by code input, at least in my uninformed state I think they still are, right? That could be the problem. But im a bit out of the loop, just supporting them, not having played in a while.

But also got to be honest, I've seen the outcome of this too often already.

1. They drop it all completly because the taste police says so.

2. They put up another project, saying nothing will change but in the end everything changes. The new project is always safer, deemed less hassle, and the old project gets abandoned.

3. They put up a new project to have a clean front site, but supporters drop like flies because they apparently dont get that its just a strawman. Therefore ending every development.

I take them by their own word: "But you can be sure about one thing. Ecchi Sensei will continue being worked on. No matter what happens."

Now lets just hope its something easy to fix, and hopefully no censoring is required, as it should be with offsite patches. Because "continue being worked on" sadly does not always equal having the same game and artistic vision in the end.

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
Sigh, just got the email that said they got contacted by the taste police, wanting them to change (yet unknown) things. And since they already used Lewdpatcher it "might" or lets say hopefully, be something mundane, since the first two days are still modified by code input, at least in my uninformed state I think they still are, right? That could be the problem. But im a bit out of the loop, just supporting them, not having played in a while.

But also got to be honest, I've seen the outcome of this too often already.

1. They drop it all completly because the taste police says so.

2. They put up another project, saying nothing will change but in the end everything changes. The new project is always safer, deemed less hassle, and the old project gets abandoned.

3. They put up a new project to have a clean front site, but supporters drop like flies because they apparently dont get that its just a strawman. Therefore ending every development.

I take them by their own word: "But you can be sure about one thing. Ecchi Sensei will continue being worked on. No matter what happens."

Now lets just hope its something easy to fix, and hopefully no censoring is required, as it should be with offsite patches. Because "continue being worked on" sadly does not always equal having the same game and artistic vision in the end.
I have high hopes that the Blue Cat team can figure out how to mollify Team Handmaid's Tale at Patreon without having to compromise their vision. More than just about any devs out there, I believe Blue Cat can figure this out. They've been ambitious, diligent, and transparent. Don't write off Ecchi Sensei quite yet.

Reactions: cloudfw

Latecomer

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2017
I have high hopes that the Blue Cat team can figure out how to mollify Team Handmaid's Tale at Patreon without having to compromise their vision. More than just about any devs out there, I believe Blue Cat can figure this out. They've been ambitious, diligent, and transparent. Don't write off Ecchi Sensei quite yet.
We're just waiting for communication on what exactly needs to be done.

Brady2626

Engaged Member
Mar 2, 2018
ok so question do yall prefer the corruption or love route for fuyu and as someone who is about to pick which one do yall think i should pick

Dec 15, 2017
He and pretty much all other adult game creators should move over to because Patreon is going to continue to be the content police. I know it is a pain in the ass to move to another platform, but under the rules of subscribestar most of the games being slapped by Patreon would be cool over there.

Absolutely! I have been touting this to many adult content creators I support. Yes, it is a pain in the ass to move platforms, but SubscribeStar has been gaining in popularity and I know if BlueCat switched over, I would absolutely follow. I would hope that his other supporters would do the same. I mean, in my eyes, it's either stick with Patreon and get a watered down version of the game or go to a new platform, SubscribeStar, and get the game you know and love. To me, it's a no-brainer. I even suggested to BlueCat to keep both accounts open to make the transition smoother. He could even say something like,"Hey guys, if you don't want the watered down version of the game, come over to SubscribeStar." Or something to that effect. Just would hate to see this game neutered (like Summertime Saga) because of Patreon's bs

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
so this next update is all the previous days rolled into one game this time? Because I would so be down for that.

Reactions: cloudfw

zmanser

Aug 22, 2018
I simply cannot support Patreon anymore. Blue really does need to open a SubscribeStar page... It's a leap, but I'd bet most, if not all would jump with the Blue team.

Reactions: james steele
4.10 star(s) 145 Votes