goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I appreciate the help and apologize for the late reply, but I have already tried that method countless times. Whenever I try and run "xattr -lr EcchiSensei.app", I am met with "No such file: EcchiSensei.app". This has been the issue from the start, as I am unable to fix my game because terminal can't "locate" the app for whatever reason. Whenever I input the directory to EcchiSensei.app, terminal is able to locate it, but otherwise it's as if it doesn't exist. I also ran EcchiSensie.app through your "fix perm 0.1.command" file, but nothing changed. My issue is so unique, I am unsure if there is a solution. Although, I don't want to give up, as I really do want to play this game. I am not very tech savvy, so I can't diagnose this problem myself. I am hoping someone can help me with my problem. Thank you.

There's also another quick thing I'd like to add. I believe one of the problems is that the "game" folder and the "renpy" folder are outside of "EcchiSensei.app". All the other games I've played that have used Renpy for Mac always have had the "game" folder as well as the "renpy" folder inside of the app. I've tried to move both folders into the app to the same location as all other apps for Renpy, but to no avail. I believe the reason I cannot play the game is because the only available download includes all OSs (Windows,Mac,Linux). If there was a seperate download solely for Mac or Windows, I could assure you it would work.
The game and renpy folders being outside the app is OK for this type of install. It threw me at first, too! :)

If xattr can't find EcchiSensei.app, it probably means either you renamed it, or you're in the wrong directory. If you renamed it, just use the new name on the command line. If that's not the case, in the terminal window type "ls". It will give you a list of files. If EcchiSensei.app isn't in that list, you're in the wrong directory. The easiest way to get to the correct directory is to type "cd ", then before hitting enter, drag EcchiSensei.app to the terminal window, then backspace over EcchiSensei.app and hit enter.

If you're running out of the Downloads folder, things might act funny, because Downloads isn't a standard folder. Move the game somewhere else, like the desktop.

Beachurmeat

Jul 3, 2017
The game and renpy folders being outside the app is OK for this type of install. It threw me at first, too! :)

If xattr can't find EcchiSensei.app, it probably means either you renamed it, or you're in the wrong directory. If you renamed it, just use the new name on the command line. If that's not the case, in the terminal window type "ls". It will give you a list of files. If EcchiSensei.app isn't in that list, you're in the wrong directory. The easiest way to get to the correct directory is to type "cd ", then before hitting enter, drag EcchiSensei.app to the terminal window, then backspace over EcchiSensei.app and hit enter.

If you're running out of the Downloads folder, things might act funny, because Downloads isn't a standard folder. Move the game somewhere else, like the desktop.
I really appreciate your help. I couldn't run "xattr -lr EcchiSensei.app" because I wasn't in the correct directory. I never knew that I had to be so thank you for the insight. When I ran "xattr -lr EcchiSensei.app" in Terminal, it gave me a long list of quarantines. I then proceeded to input "xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine EcchiSensei.app". I tried to open the application, but still got "The application 'EcchiSensei" can't be opened." I thought that the command didn't work so I reentered "xattr -lr EcchiSensei.app" into terminal, and there were no quarantines. This means that your solution got rid of the quarantines, but I am still unable to open the app. Although, you really have improved my day, so thank you for that :).

I just became aware of something. I downloaded the "Ecchi Sensei - Lain's Improvements + Scene Gallery Mod [Week 1]" , and looked to see how to install it for Mac. It told me to move the "Mod" and "Days" folders to the "autorun" folder in EcchiSensei.app. Although, as you know, my "game" and "renpy" folder are both outside of EcchiSensei.app, meaning there is no "autorun" folder. Should I create one, or should there be one?

Last edited:

God3333

Mar 9, 2019
Sigh. Now I have a new error. When you end the scene with a blowjob from Fuya. When you're on the roof, I get an error relating to the phone. Really annoying! It's almost as if the game doesn't want me to play it :ROFLMAO: This is restarting and downloading week 1 so I know there is nothing wrong with me IE: Using botched saves. 1569774608837.png 1569774996174.png 1569775102328.png 1569775160225.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jeancul

HoboCop86

your friendly neighborhood hobo
Respected User
Donor
Apr 24, 2018
With day 8+9 being in beta and the full version just around the corner, I have some new TEASERS for you.

d9_bh_31.png
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I hope you liked what you saw =D

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2018
More tomoe and waifu is just perfect. I favor them both the most out of all the girls atm. Rikka is also very cute as well. The past is also very interesting. Also i am curious about the mother. She must be coming soon as well

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
I really appreciate your help. I couldn't run "xattr -lr EcchiSensei.app" because I wasn't in the correct directory. I never knew that I had to be so thank you for the insight. When I ran "xattr -lr EcchiSensei.app" in Terminal, it gave me a long list of quarantines. I then proceeded to input "xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine EcchiSensei.app". I tried to open the application, but still got "The application 'EcchiSensei" can't be opened." I thought that the command didn't work so I reentered "xattr -lr EcchiSensei.app" into terminal, and there were no quarantines. This means that your solution got rid of the quarantines, but I am still unable to open the app. Although, you really have improved my day, so thank you for that :).

I just became aware of something. I downloaded the "Ecchi Sensei - Lain's Improvements + Scene Gallery Mod [Week 1]" , and looked to see how to install it for Mac. It told me to move the "Mod" and "Days" folders to the "autorun" folder in EcchiSensei.app. Although, as you know, my "game" and "renpy" folder are both outside of EcchiSensei.app, meaning there is no "autorun" folder. Should I create one, or should there be one?
You're welcome :)

I haven't used the mod, so I can't comment on how to use it on the Mac.

I wonder if you're running into the line ending issue I talk about here: https://f95zone.to/threads/ecchi-sensei-week-1-hotfix-bluecat.14927/post-2293213 . Give that a shot; hopefully it will fix your issue.

Reactions: Beachurmeat

Liam_3

Dec 3, 2018
Sigh. Now I have a new error. When you end the scene with a blowjob from Fuya. When you're on the roof, I get an error relating to the phone. Really annoying! It's almost as if the game doesn't want me to play it :ROFLMAO: This is restarting and downloading week 1 so I know there is nothing wrong with me IE: Using botched saves.
This is a known bug, you have to save the game, close it and restart and load the save before the phone works. This doesn't happen to alot of people because you normally have to play a long time before you even get the phone, but if you skip through you can get there before ever saving and loading... Hope it helps.

Beachurmeat

Jul 3, 2017
Mac version issue, solution, and patch installation instructions:

I downloaded the lightly compressed version, and the patch. First I tried running the base game. It wouldn't run. I got an error when I double clicked the app, and an error when I ran it from a Terminal window. Digging into it, I found that the shell script the app runs initially has dos line endings instead of unix line endings. It looks like someone saved it with a dumb editor in Windows, possibly notepad.

Solution - open the file in vi and change the line endings.
  1. Open Terminal
  2. cd to the directory with the app
  3. vi EcchiSensei.app/Contents/MacOS/EcchiSensei
  4. type these commands exactly, including the leading : (but not the number at the start)
    1. :set ff=unix
    2. :wq
After I did that I could run the game.

To install the patch, copy the following from the patch to the same place in the main game:
  • archive_dm.rpa
  • patch.rpy
  • game/menu/options.rpy
Enable dark mind in the options menu. Turn on kinks you want to see.
My god, you don't know how happy I am. It actually worked :LOL:. Thank you so much for the help. I REALLY appreciate it.

Reactions: goobdoob

Deleted member 440241

Feb 14, 2018
Strange, that beta version of here still no one not leaked. Amazing, I'd say. I take it she'll be in the stream when she's public ?
Beta versions of this game usually don't get leaked. They're buggy, and the full version rarely takes long enough to complete to justify leaking something that lacks full content. The one exception was the week 1 build which took far longer than BlueCat originally estimated. The final version of days 8 and 9 will no doubt be posted here within 2 to 3 days of completion. Still well before it's officially available to the non-paying public on Patreon.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 144 Votes