VN - Ren'Py - Eden Prime [v0.3] [M.C Games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

zARRR

Review of v0.3

Dunno what kind of decent writer the review below asks, probably projecting their fan fiction needs and insecurities over a good story, because this visual novel is everything but amateurish.

Eden Prime, is a prime example (pun intended) of a good crafted sci fi mystery story, and although it’s just the beginning you can already see all the cards set in places and ponder through the possibilities.

You just woke up from an artificial coma, the UNC recall your duty for captain after years of slumbering, but something doesn’t add up, why are they calling you first instead of the other stasis sleepers?
    Why has humanity not progressed with technological advances?
    Who is actually Sudan Terra?
    The questions keep gathering in your head, while you glance quickly at the codex or interview each new character you meet, each one with a different set of ideas, biases and hidden agendas while the plot slowly leavens through a crescendo.
    The plot is intriguingly alluring and it just started.

Eden Prime is primaly (Yes I’ll stop I swear) a visual novel with few choices which many don’t impact the plot per se, but flavors it.
    For example your protagonist background can be shaped differently and it will have different lines of dialogue or interaction, which will also help you to uncover more light on your protagonist.

Rendering and model wise it’s pretty dope; the human models are clearly inspired from Mass effect and albeit they may not be anyone cup of tea, they are consistent through the aesthetics the VN wants you to give, same for renders of places and object, which are of solid quality especially for the engine.

Can’t say much more since MC’s vns are packed with reading and smooth animations (When they happen), but if you are looking for something more interactive and less based on reading, then it’s not for you.

To say the least I recommend it, even if it’s currently short it will soon bloom into something even greater; if you have spare time give it a reading, you’ll be pleasantly surprised
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Nopenopeno

Review as of .3 TL:DR Potential, needs writer; terrible, unbelievable MC that kills the experience and needs complete overhaul. Visuals are ok start, but really need work as the Dev can upgrade their equipment.

Exciting concept with great potential, but I don't think we're going to see it realized here. The environments and locations have a nice start and could be polished into something nice as the Dev's hardware and rendering ability improves. The cast and some of the mystery around them has potential, but I'm afraid a decent Writer is going to need to be employed to pull that off.

My biggest issue with this game is the MC and some of the surrounding characters. First off, all the males look like they spent the last 10 years in their parent's basement smoking weed instead of doing anything Military related. Feels like someone young and insecure is trying to write themselves into a story and is not pulling it off believably. Wouldn't care so much if this game wasn't tackling the Mass Effect universe, but this was definitely not written by anyone with Military experience, or even managing other people. MC is often needless cynical and crass, treats his crew like an unhappy, underpaid Convenience Store Manager, not like someone who worked their way up the ranks to Commander. Again, it needs a Writer. I don't see the game going anywhere without one. The renders and graphics are also mediocre, but I'm guessing this has more to do with the current state of the Dev's hardware and abilities and could improve with time.

The game is too early in development to judge the story, but based off the character interactions, there is enough mystery present to spark some intrigue, but cannot tell if there is a strong enough outline for it to pay off yet. It is easy to create mystery, not so easy to flesh it out,

As far as H content goes, you might check back later at this point. I was a half hour into the game and hadn't seen anything yet. Well past the skipping dialogue stage to the giving up and deleting the game stage. What is there, is nothing to write home about. Again, its early. This game needs time and some talent... or take this idea to a Universe that isn't so famous and pedigreed.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Zemax

[Version 0.2]
    If you want a quick review
    Character design 10/10
    The special Personality for each character 10/10
    Game story 10/10
    Erotic scenes 10/10
    In other words, download and play the game it's good.

The game story was very interesting, and has a lot of mystery, i liked how we could choose the MC's background Like his career and is he an orphan or not etc, not many games do this.
    I liked the character design A LOT, and the animation on this game, and damn the space looks so cool and the details were great in the egypt part in the story and the cinematic scenes was masterpiece, and of course we can't forget about the sex scene animation, it was damn good.
    The character personality was one of the greatest thing in the game each character has its own unique personality like for example Alice clumsy and smart girl this only makes the game better and doesn't just make the characters like NPC, and the MC was smart not just some horny stupid MC, When the MC saw susan, he realized there was something wrong with her, the way she talks and her attitude shouldn't come from someone trained in UNC, No matter how much she tried to seduce the MC or distract him he was always careful and trusted his intuition, this game is sure one of the best Sci-Fi games I've ever played.
    In other words, download this game it's definitely worth the time.