VN Ren'Py Abandoned Edinburgh [v0.17] [Ricktor]

4.40 star(s) 5 Votes

F3nris

Oct 31, 2019
Sorry for the confusion. When I first started, I was just making a story while I learned and played around with Daz Studio, and from there somehow I ended up on Ren'PY. I had a lot of time with the virus not allowing me to work.
First of all, respect! I’ve some free time myself for the last few months but all I came up with is playing games, read books and watch tv :rolleyes:

And since I have exactly zero experience in game-design, story-telling, etc. I’m not sure I can give you any good advice whatsoever. But here are my opinions on that matter.

I picked the one that was the odd man out kinda. I thought about using Gwen as the MC also. Do you think people would be interested in playing from her prospective?
Based on the final screen of the demo it makes sense to establish Carl as the MC since a lot of the fetishes seem to involve him.

Based on the story it makes sense to establish Gwen as the MC since she seems to be centerpiece.

In my opinion it might be good to have these two as equal main characters (even more so since Carl alone might not be the most relatable guy for most people). Carl mainly focused on the sexual component and Gwen as the one driving the story (but also involved in some sexy time ;)). So pretty much like in the demo.

But ultimately it is your decision and you should be comfortable with it.

I wanted to let the player choose any character they wanted to be, but I couldn't come up with a logical/practical way to do it, so I just picked one.
Yeah, that is really hard to do, and I don’t know a lot of games that were able to implement that in a good way. Moniker Smith's Bloodlines is one of them. But there are downsides to that approach as well. And it is a lot of work to make the story fit.

• Angry
Reactions: Nospamwss

Nospamwss

Sep 6, 2017
Maybe the MC will cheat with vampires or Succubi but like it said in description, if they don't really like mortals I think the cheating part would be more with his wife.
so who's the cheater?
I see they want to add a lot of MC to the game... that sucks, too...
MC will still have a microscopic dick? it's some kind of shame...
and the developer can specify a complete list of game tags? And there is a "patreon or a discord"?

sorry about the google translation

Last edited:

SecretDesire

May 15, 2019
Yes I put cheating in because of the MC and it has already happened. I kinda wanted to see how people thought of the other characters before I went down that path, but it was my plan, he would not be the only one. Chapter 4 gets more into the BDSM and beginning of the transformations.
So it's kinda like she gonna cheat MC too but it's gonna be avoidable or forced ? i kinda don't want to share or cucked or you know the other secret 3 word thing

Ricktor

Jun 13, 2017
So it's kinda like she gonna cheat MC too but it's gonna be avoidable or forced ? i kinda don't want to share or cucked or you know the other secret 3 word thing
Totally avoidable and its really not my thing so not much, only a slight branch to satisfy the people that like it.

Ricktor

Jun 13, 2017
so who's the cheater?
I see they want to add a lot of MC to the game... that sucks, too...
MC will still have a microscopic dick? it's some kind of shame...
and the developer can specify a complete list of game tags? And there is a "patreon or a discord"?

sorry about the google translation
The two main branches for me, would have to be a dominate person vs. a submissive person. From there I can see kinks falling on both sides just different applications. Under the rules for posting the VN, you are only allowed to tag what is currently in the game, so I didn't give a list of potential tags. I'm thinking of starting a patreon so people can directly tell me what they are interested in and what they are not. Chapter 4 is the only one that is already written, the others are just outlined so changes could be made. Should have Chapter 4 out in a week or so then maybe a patreon if the interest is still there.

Reactions: LadyBoyJay

anminter17

Sep 8, 2017
Just finished the demo and i liked it: the more i went forward with the story the more i got interested in it and the
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
was kinda unexpected (for me at least) and welcome. I'm really looking forward to next releases, good job.

davi141517

Jan 26, 2019
I have made an unofficial compressed version.

Edinburgh [v0.1 Demo] [Ricktor] Compressed

Original Size: 614 MB
Compressed: 99 MB

PC: /

Tools used: Unren v0.8 by Sam
Cruncher v0.4.1 by bas

Lossy compression used. Compression reduces image/sound/video/animation quality and can cause the game to break, download at your own risk!

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Edinburgh v.15.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage, because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

Jeepster

Apr 17, 2018
Error - I know why everyone married in these games cheats!! Nobody has a Dam wedding ring!!! :whistle: :whistle: :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO: This makes the 3rd game today. Wives without rings and now a married couple without RINGS! :unsure:

iainmore

Jun 12, 2017
Edinburgh is a student and tourist ghetto these days so I assume the Vampires and Succubi are tourists and or those who failed to get into Oxford or Cambridge Uni's.

Ricktor

Jun 13, 2017
Sorry this game blows.
No reason to be sorry. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and yours just encourages me to do better. I hope I did not waste too much of your time. I'm trying to learn everything as I go, and yeah, some things are pretty bad, but hey, that only means there is plenty of room for improvement. I will do better!

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin
4.40 star(s) 5 Votes