Daz [EDITED] [SOLVED] Skin surface problem

Aug 20, 2018
Howdy,

honestly, I already did tons of usable renders for my "project", but now, as I came to the naked posing I have a problem.... the skin looks like aged/bumpy? I have checked every single parameter, shaping, surface controls, set it back to 0%/default, but the surface around the butt is still rough...

I have checked some possible mistakes
- It is not pose related
- not character related
- checked every single morph
- when I apply different skin material, the problem is fixed...

The point of this thread is, if someone has any idea, what is causing the surface problem, to avoid complications in the future, thanks! Capture.PNG

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
[...] I have checked every single parameter, shaping, surface controls, set it back to 0%/default, but the surface around the butt is still rough...
[...]
- when I apply different skin material, the problem is fixed...
Well, then you have your answer. If the bump map, normal map and all are set at 0 and the skin still looks like that, but changing the texture solve the problem, it's the texture that is the problem ; it's paint directly on the skin.

Aug 20, 2018
Well, then you have your answer. If the bump map, normal map and all are set at 0 and the skin still looks like that, but changing the texture solve the problem, it's the texture that is the problem ; it's paint directly on the skin.

ok, but this is not the way how the skin should be by default for this character when I load the same default actor next to the faulty one, the skin of the newly loaded character is smooth...

how is it possible?

Aug 20, 2018
I found it, it was the cellulite control, I haven't checked properly,

sorry

Edited:

It wasn't a problem of controls. :rolleyes: my fault, but I have finally found out what was the matter.

it is caused by lower texture details!

If you decrease the resolution with SCENE OPTIMIZER and then make a close-up, this is how the low-resolution skin looks like.
I've tested it today, so I suggest leaving the character texture as it is, for close-ups.

I thought I should post it, in case anyone will experience the same problem.

Last edited: