Daz Editing TCB curve values

someonesomewhere2

Game Developer
May 31, 2022
Does anyone know any plugins or add-ons that give you a better interface for editing the TCB values? I want to edit some of the curves, but (unlike Blender) they don't seem to have a visual editor. I know I can change the numbers manually, but that is a massive pain.

1702955977710.png

Last edited:

Saint_RNG

Apr 2, 2018
You mean something like this ? (at 5:40)

Or maybe I didn't understand your question at all, I have no idea what the 3 values to the right of TCB in the area you framed in red correspond to.

someonesomewhere2

Game Developer
May 31, 2022
Saint_RNG

Almost that. Those options let you set the bezier curves between each keyframe. I don't completely understand it myself, but another example would be in Blender's graph editor. They are the curves that let you set custom values for the interpolation, which controls the speed of a node going from one character to another. Crazy is useful for helping create more realistic feeling animations. You can technically do it, but the interface (like so many other things in Daz) sucks. I'm looking to see if anyone knows a plugin or script that makes these easier to use.

This is some information on TCB values if you're interested:

1703031991256.png

Reactions: Saint_RNG

Saint_RNG

Apr 2, 2018
I knew a bit from afar (animation doesn't interest me much, especially in DAZ) but it's always good to learn more, thanks.

I think you're trying to do something that 99.99% of DAZ users will never use, I'd be surprised if an add-on or something native to the software ever comes along. Unless the devs make the choice to orient the software towards animation.

I don't know what kind of animation you want to do but maybe you could use Cascadeur, it seems easier than for Daz.