Editing the characters

AnotherTimeAqi

Oct 8, 2018
Hi
I would like to know if there is any software or similar thing that could edit the characters of games, or some specific game of which is possible; How tall, hair ,color and width, or something minimum?
3d Game maybe? unity ...
Often the original is discouraging, or some freedom in that sense would be nice, wouldn't it?

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Unless you make your own game or make your model and replace those in the game then no.

AnotherTimeAqi

Oct 8, 2018
Unless you make your own game or make your model and replace those in the game then no.
Is what I was thinking;
In the impossibility, you would know how to make the model itself, there are software's that help those who do not know what they do! and which ones? , and how much substitutions, would it be complicated or having the model made easier?

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Is what I was thinking;
In the impossibility, you would know how to make the model itself, there are software's that help those who do not know what they do! and which ones? , and how much substitutions, would it be complicated or having the model made easier?
You would need to use whatever tools the developer used so for most 3d VN's it would be Daz. You would then need the model you want to use and go about posing it for every single render you want to replace.

Yeah, it would be hard work. Very hard work and very time consuming.

HiEv

Sep 1, 2017
Is what I was thinking;
I don't think you realize how difficult what you're asking for is. Most visual novels only include pre-rendered images. This means that no 3D models are included with the game, only JPEGs and PNGs.

This means that you'd need to find your own models, clothes, rooms, furniture, etc., etc., etc... Then you'd need to build the sets, pose the models, clothe the models, adjust the expressions and hair, set the room lighting, etc., etc., etc...

And once you'd done all of that, then you'd have to wait for the scene to render to see if you messed anything up. Once it looked good, then you'd do a high quality render, which could easily take another half-an-hour to an hour PER IMAGE.

And once that was done there would the the post render touch-ups. And you would be doing this for HUNDREDS of images.

If the game had 500 images, and you miraculously got your time down to an average of 1 hour per image, then if you worked 50 hours per week on this, you'd be done in about two and a half months.

Seriously.

Do you want to do 2.5 months of full-time work to just make a character a bit bustier and a blonde?

The point is, if what you were asking for was simple, someone would have done it already.

Reactions: Porcus Dev

AnotherTimeAqi

Oct 8, 2018
You would need to use whatever tools the developer used so for most 3d VN's it would be Daz. You would then need the model you want to use and go about posing it for every single render you want to replace.

Yeah, it would be hard work. Very hard work and very time consuming.

Unfortunately, life is not easy!
Still thanks for the clarification.

AnotherTimeAqi

Oct 8, 2018
I don't think you realize how difficult what you're asking for is. Most visual novels only include pre-rendered images. This means that no 3D models are included with the game, only JPEGs and PNGs.

This means that you'd need to find your own models, clothes, rooms, furniture, etc., etc., etc... Then you'd need to build the sets, pose the models, clothe the models, adjust the expressions and hair, set the room lighting, etc., etc., etc...

And once you'd done all of that, then you'd have to wait for the scene to render to see if you messed anything up. Once it looked good, then you'd do a high quality render, which could easily take another half-an-hour to an hour PER IMAGE.

And once that was done there would the the post render touch-ups. And you would be doing this for HUNDREDS of images.

If the game had 500 images, and you miraculously got your time down to an average of 1 hour per image, then if you worked 50 hours per week on this, you'd be done in about two and a half months.

Seriously.

Do you want to do 2.5 months of full-time work to just make a character a bit bustier and a blonde?

The point is, if what you were asking for was simple, someone would have done it already.
Yes, I wondered if there are already systems that help create thousands of games from the same model, could have already been developed a system "standardized " for the models thus giving a dynamic creation.
I have seen similar systems for other software models, hope was a similar creation.
Still thanks for the clarification.

HiEv

Sep 1, 2017
Yes, I wondered if there are already systems that help create thousands of games from the same model, could have already been developed a system "standardized " for the models thus giving a dynamic creation.
Seriously, some video game companies don't even make models that are compatible with different versions of their own games.

Expecting hundreds of random indie developers to use some standard engine and modeling system is extremely wishful thinking.