Editor software which is very easy to use?

yeo123

Nov 8, 2019
Hello guys.
Can you suggest me softwares which doesn't require any coding knowledge?

I only would like to insert pictures and videos and buttons with I could switch among them. Also a life gaining or losing possibility by watching those pictures/videos.

Any kind of help is highly appreciated :)

79flavors

Respected User
Jun 14, 2018
Can you suggest me software which doesn't require any coding knowledge?
ANY coding knowledge?

You're really going to struggle to find anything. Microsoft's PowerPoint or OpenOffice's Impress, maybe?
You might want to take a look at . Personally, I hate it and most of the game's written using it... but it does hide some of the "coding stuff" behind a graphical UI. But you will still need a basic understanding of logical thinking and how things can be slotted together. Some coding IS required though. So "any"... no.

I only would like to insert pictures and videos and buttons with I could switch among them.
Powerpoint/Impress.

Also a life gaining or losing possibility by watching those pictures/videos.
... A-a-a-and... you just crossed the line into coding.

Realistically, almost everyone who's been where you are now... will end up picking RenPy.
It's a safe, easy, solution and you only need a minimal amount of coding knowledge to do things.

The coding can be as simple as...

Python:
define mc = Character("Adam")     # <-- Main character
define e = Character("Eve")       # <-- Another character

label start:

scene black                   # <--- Show black screen
    mc "Hello Eve."               # <--- Adam "speaking"
    e "Hello Adam."               # <--- Eve's reply

scene img001 # <--- Change background image to "img001" (which could be img001.jpg, img001.png or any other image type named "img001".
    mc "Any idea where that apple went?"
    e "Erm... Oops."

label end_of_game:

"*** THE END ***"
    return

You could literally write a whole game like this (it's called a kinetic novel). Have characters, which "talk" and having images changing as the story progresses. Adding variables to keep track of statistics isn't much harder. Neither is introducing playing choices using statements.

The only four "coding" things here that I can imagine aren't automatically recognizable:
  • statements must end with with a colon ( : ).
  • Lines below a colon effectively "belong" to the statement with the colon and (usually by 4 spaces).
  • Gate/Hash marks are used to add . Anything after a # mark is ignored by the game.
  • (at least in this context) is effectively "return to main menu".
... or just read the introduction from the RenPy documentation to get the basics of coding and to get an overall view of the process.

That is... if you're willing to try to learn a little bit of coding.

Last edited:

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
It's been well over a decade since I've used game maker (game studio now), but it mainly relied on drag and drop to make any game you want, but you still had to learn a bit about computer systems (such as the coordinate system of a screen)