3.30 star(s) 25 Votes

scottwolf14

Jun 2, 2018
Hey, I actually wanted to come back here because even though I had to restart I did "beat" the game. I saw all the content there was to see it was fun, I don't know if you need a save system, obviously it's going to feel like it at the moment because it's unfinished. I will say though that not having one certainly made the above task a lot more strenuous with no real upside. What I wound up doing was simply farming it out and recording every single animation that way if I do want to use this game for part of it's intended purpose, I can just do that. This made me realize that if you do want this game to be a rougelike it probably doesn't need a save system it just needs a gallery and then you should take some inspiration from Dead Cells (people are always going to want a save system even if there is a gallery because they have to RE-grind everything to get to content further along, Dead Cells gives you checkpoints of sorts and lots of along-the-way upgrades that mean you don't have to repeat the same grind there's just a new grind for the content you didn't get all in one run, rather than just redoing all of that stuff). I don't actually know if Dead Cells is the best example there, just trying to give some constructive criticism or an alternative to saving. I think a way that could happen in your game is to simply have the characters be unlocks that are in different spawn locations/bases, that way certain things are locally accessible on that characters play through if that makes sense. Good luck, I liked it, I think it'll go pretty far and has a lot of potential regardless.

Side note, what is all the supply stuff people are talking about? I never used that, might've missed some content.
When you are in the base and you open up the menu, you have the option to view the "Supply" and exchange points for valuable items and immediate improvements on your monsters or your current Scout. From increasing the damage output, recovery of energy, as well as your Scout's fertility if memory serves... but mainly supplies such as healing your monster's HP, Energy, but also integral items like the repels and a random evolution stone. Kudos to you having the patience to seeing it all through. I think the "Gallery" will be implemented in a later update via the Dex or something like it. I too hope they find a means to at least make the lack of saves a bit less tedious. Especially when a lot of monster collecting/taming games tend to reward you for seeking out more monsters.

S_i_E_g

Sep 25, 2019
lets lag the game after 10 mins of gameplay and make them start all over again. good idea actually
Make the most of it, whatever is causing the leak in the game doesn't seem to be preventable. Once your game starts lagging behind the game actually becomes a lot easier, you can sprint for an insane amount of time and cover the larger amount of distance (so it's not delta locked) as well as things like hunger and disobedience dropping extremely slow compared to the work you can get done. It's super jarring to look at (game feels like it has a lot of stutter) but it did actually make my second play through easier I think. This is not to say it's a good thing, definitely not, but given that you basically have to see all the content in one run it's more helpful than hurtful. Kinda hoping this sort of thing isn't patched out before there's features that reduce the tedium actually.

3.30 star(s) 25 Votes