Identify Eiyuu Senki Differentiation

Galgano

Jul 11, 2018
I know the name of the game is Eiyuu Senki, but don't worry, this thread still belongs here; I still need some help with identification. I first heard about Eiyuu Senki a long time ago. The first thing I heard about it was that it was a strategy game similar to Sengoku Rance which I was playing at the time (and it also had the Uesugi Kenshin sprite from Sengoku Rance in the game as well?). As I was playing other games, I didn't pick this game up right away. So, some years go by and eventually, I hear that it got a finished fan translation. But that there was also an official translation. So now, I had two different options for playing the game. Do I go with the fan translation that is probably more unfiltered and a more literal translation but with censorship, or do I go with the potentially toned-down translation that is uncensored?

Before I could make my decision, a third game comes out: Eiyuu Senki Gold. Or rather...a second game that isn't an alternate translation. Except, from the gallery, it seems to be the same game? But there are more scenes and some of the side characters that had little to no content originally are getting some love, so maybe it's DLC? But based on the description, it sounds like it's a reboot of the previous game? But it has a lot of the same scenes as the original, so maybe it's like a director's cut version of the previous game?

So basically, this is what I'd like to get identified: what are the differences between the translations of Eiyuu Senki, and is Eiyuu Senki Gold a reboot, a remake, or something else? Can someone please help me? Thanks

haksaw

Oct 10, 2019
what are the differences between the translations of Eiyuu Senki, and is Eiyuu Senki Gold a reboot, a remake, or something else?
Gold is alternative story with the same characters. Like Shin Koihime Musou. So you should play it after the first one if you didn't have enough. As for translations... I only played Jast version, but the game is very light hearted, so I doubt there could be anything to tone down.

it also had the Uesugi Kenshin sprite from Sengoku Rance in the game as well?
Yeah, that was pretty hillarious scene :LOL:

Last edited: