Mod Element-174 Walkthrough Mod [0.20_6] [crabsinthekitchen]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
The mod has been integrated with the game and you don't need to install it separately anymore
let me know if there are issues though
Overview:
This mod adds hints that highlight decisions necessary to get full points with a girl of your choice.​

Updated:2021-12-23
Game/Creator: Element-174 / KnottyGames
Modder: crabsinthekitchen
Mod Version: 0.20_6
Game Version: 0.20b
Language: English

Features:
  • Adds girl portraits to important decisions, helping you to get full points with a girl. Some portraits are color-coded. If the portrait has a red border, making this choice is required to keep the girl's route open (Katy, Isabella and Trish routes depend on the very first choice). If the border is green, the choice is important but you will have another chance to get that scene later (only becomes relevant on week 2). If portrait has no border (well, I guess it has gray one by default), you will just get a point and maybe a sex scene

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  • Show closed routes and adds a compatible subroutes button to character screen
  • Adds interactive flowchart that shows available scenes and gets updated as you progress through the game, the flowchart is accessible by clicking on the button at the top of the screen or pressing "W"
    • Sometimes the same scene icon appears more than once. That's because on week 2 some scenes can be seen at different times. For example, the same scene with Chloe can be seen either on day 9 or on day 11. Another example is on day 12 morning, If you're on Isabella's route and you've already seen the workout scene with her, you'll get a scene where you go to her soccer game. Otherwise you'll get a workout scene

• Fixes bugs from the game

Installation:

Change-Log:

Download:

Last edited:

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Well, that is an unusual walkthrough mod, but now I taking a closer look at the game thanks to this mod, it does look like an unusual game as well. Quite intrigued now thanks to you. Thank you.

Reactions: crabsinthekitchen

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Well, that is an unusual walkthrough mod, but now I taking a closer look at the game thanks to this mod, it does look like an unusual game as well. Quite intrigued now thanks to you. Thank you.
Thanks. I don't really like mods that let you see everything in one playthrough because it's too easy to make modded saves unplayable without the mod installed. You can disable my mod in the middle of the game and the game will continue like the mod was never there. You really only need it for week 1 because that's where most of the routes get locked

and thanks for 5 stars TheSidewinder

AdanGC Mods

Modder
Jan 25, 2020
Man Thank you so much for the mod several modders friends tried to do wtmod but nobody could xD all gave up for all the options that the game has but now that you have made it I will definitely play this game and congratulations sincerely for achieving what many tried to do but did not succed xD

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
I think about highlighting "important" decisions a bit differently because not all scenes are equal and you might want to know that, for example, when someone knocks on your front door and back door at the same time, answering one of them might be more important. But I need to clean up the mod first because it started just to show someone the choices they need to make to watch Pugman with Jenna and is a bit of a mess right now

That's why I decided to post some of the logic behind why I choose to show someone's picture above each choice. It will also help me make sure I don't miss anything or show pictures where they are not needed. Of course, there's over a hundred decisions and most of them (especially week 2) are pretty obvious, so I will only explain some of them, starting with the very first decision

Punching Caleb or ignoring Caleb, the choice that affects seemingly every girl except Zoey, Penny and Madison. Including the choices right after that one

WIP of showing that some choices are more important than others
screenshot0025.png
As you can see, Trish has a red border around her picture because I want to show that making this choice is required to keep her route open, other girls have their regular pictures because you can make another choice and still keep their routes open if you don't miss too many points
screenshot0026.png
and here we see that this choice is important to keep Holmes route open, but for Trish the point you can get after punching Caleb is optional if you can get her points in other places

Last edited:
Reactions: jggold

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Updated the mod with color-coded portraits. Red means the choice is required to keep the route open, green means it's important but you can make that choice later, default means you only have to make it if you want max points with a girl. Or in case of some girls, you need some number of points to keep the route open, for example, Emma has 5 scenes on week 1 and you need to get any 3 of them to keep her route open but which scenes you get is less important

Also tried to remove portraits from choices that don't directly affect routes. You can still get max points with Holmes if you give Zoey a pen, as long as you don't get too many points with Katy, so there's no need to show her picture on that decision.
Although that made me hate Katy and Sarah. To get max points with them, Rachel needs to have more points than Chloe, Trish and Emma on Day 4 so you can watch a movie with her. For Rachel that's ok, I kind of assume you'd want to get points with her anyway and going for her points avoids these 3. For Katy and Sarah, you might not want to go for Rachel so the only time you need to get a point with Rachel is if you still have 0 and cannot get points later, and figuring out if I can get points with Rachel later without blocking the route for Sarah was complicated

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Canto Forte

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
Another update with some fixes for the game. These fixes are completely optional and can be turned off while still using the walkthrough

Fixed "bugs"
  • Day 4 afternoon - When Penny asks you who is in charge of the universe, you can take her to Caroline if you met her on Day 1. Previously this option was available only if you apologized to Caroline for punching Caleb
  • Day 10/Day 11 Rachel scene - You now get points with Rachel even if you refuse a handjob from her. Since there are only two scenes out of almost a hundred where you don't get points after rejecting sex, it feels like getting a point here was just missed
  • Day 10 Caroline apartment scene - You now get points with Caroline if you don't sleep with her after visiting her apartment. Same as for Rachel scene above
  • Day 13 - Emma now shows up in the evening if you confronted her and accepted her affection

Smilingjack4

Feb 26, 2019
The mega link is asking for a decryption key I don't see, and the local links just open the file as a text document in a new tab in firefox.

Am I retarded?

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
The mega link is asking for a decryption key I don't see, and the local links just open the file as a text document in a new tab in firefox.

Am I retarded?
looks like something's wrong. does this link work?

Ruff Ryder

Aug 18, 2020
Man I just downloaded the mod and I realize how complex this game is build. Like way too complex. Too bad but good mod!

longjohngold

Jan 22, 2020
This is super handy given the game has lots of paths and things, so kudos there.

A couple things... first one super minor but when I started the game I went into the settings to put things how I like and I saw "Walkthrough Mod Enabled" ... so I thought it was all good (especially as with most mods just copying them in means it's running)... but then as I was playing I was thinking it was weird that there was all these choices I'd had but none of them changed anything... then I realised there's an empty check space by that 'enabled' and the mod wasn't turned on, haha.

This one might be a pain to do I'm not sure... but given that there's so much going on it'd be nice if there was some kind of counter or something to do with what your score with each girl is atm compared to the max it could be and who's routes are closed off... while I've got a girl I'm focusing on in a runthrough, I should be able to knock off more than one, but can't always keep track of how many points I might of skipped with each one so whether they'd warrant their own playthrough...

Also some stuff didn't seem to have an indicator... like my last choice in the game was do I go on patrol with Trish again, or go bowling with Penny... Trish's icon was missing from her choice and Penny had one on hers, so that'd kinda lead me to think nothing really happens if you go back out with Trish that time... but I did anyway as she was the girl I was focusing on, and turns out you get to nail her, so now I'm wondering if other times I've missed out on things as there wasn't a portrait indicator on a choice.

Reactions: crabsinthekitchen

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
I'll see if I missed any options. I can probably do something to show closed routes, not sure about max points because that would probably require changing something I'd rather not change in the original files

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
This is super handy given the game has lots of paths and things, so kudos there.

A couple things... first one super minor but when I started the game I went into the settings to put things how I like and I saw "Walkthrough Mod Enabled" ... so I thought it was all good (especially as with most mods just copying them in means it's running)... but then as I was playing I was thinking it was weird that there was all these choices I'd had but none of them changed anything... then I realised there's an empty check space by that 'enabled' and the mod wasn't turned on, haha.

This one might be a pain to do I'm not sure... but given that there's so much going on it'd be nice if there was some kind of counter or something to do with what your score with each girl is atm compared to the max it could be and who's routes are closed off... while I've got a girl I'm focusing on in a runthrough, I should be able to knock off more than one, but can't always keep track of how many points I might of skipped with each one so whether they'd warrant their own playthrough...

Also some stuff didn't seem to have an indicator... like my last choice in the game was do I go on patrol with Trish again, or go bowling with Penny... Trish's icon was missing from her choice and Penny had one on hers, so that'd kinda lead me to think nothing really happens if you go back out with Trish that time... but I did anyway as she was the girl I was focusing on, and turns out you get to nail her, so now I'm wondering if other times I've missed out on things as there wasn't a portrait indicator on a choice.
I fixed a couple of places with missing indicators (Trish on the last day and Holmes on the first day), let me know if you see more places where it's missing. I'll see what I can do about your other suggestions, they sound cool but I need to think a bit how to do it and I'm kinda busy with my day job atm so no promises here

Reactions: longjohngold

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020

So while updating the mod for 0.20 (which is already out on Patreon) I decided to try to implement your idea and I think I got it working but need to do it for all 16 characters now and play around with font size a bit because it goes out of the edge when you get 10/10
screenshot0007.png screenshot0008.png

Reactions: longjohngold
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote