Unity - Completed - Elf Archer and the Disappearing Giant Tree [v1.1] [Bubble Gums]

1. 1.00 star(s)

Reapergod36

Inconsistent platforming, slow sidescroller, inconsistent arrow firing when you do the same thing every time and the arrow goes in different places. Full-charge, same spot, for example, different outcome. Self-scrolling water section on a boat that bobs up-and-down with physics making your jumps all the more inconsistent. Your regular jumps have no momentum, your run jumps have momentum based-on the distance you ran. The game overs are voiced, terribly, animated like some kid with MS paint. This game is awful and is a pain that will have you grinding your teeth and not in a good way.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Sennin

Not good. Plays like ass. The game is more a test your patience. Here is a breakdown:
    • Character speed is slow even when sprinting.
    • Both sprinting and shooting consume stamina. Why have a stamina bar in a 2D archery game?
    • Jumping is jank because movement has acceleration whilst also not really giving much height. The platforming is just painful.
    • The archery aimer is fixed, whilst tied to a wind up, whilst also tied to screen sway. So when you move your mouse your trajectory is never quite where you want it. This means using your main weapon sucks to use. The archery isnt fun in an archery game...
    • Tutorial level frogs take 5 shots to kill. Whilst is get the point is to be a good shot as an archer on a jumping target, this is a very questionable design choice for the first level. If the intent was for practice, Have a training dummy at the cabin.
    All in all its a 1/5. Trying to re-invent the wheel whilst taking design choices from games like dark souls. Another developer with deluded ambitions. Put them to rest.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

RossoX

Aw man, in theory this game is supposed to tick all the boxes for me, but the execution is just very bad. I'd tell you to get a full save, but even the scenes in the gallery can't save this, they are just not worth the hassle and are nothing special to begin with. The control scheme is very awkward and the character feels horribly sluggish, and there is literally 1 single music theme in the whole game, with just 3 notes on infinite repeat, I wish I was joking.

Shooting the arrows most of the time feels like a gamble more than finesse. The pixel art is ok, but as far as I could tell there are no pixel sex, only CG's which while decent, do leave a lot to be desired. Heed my warning, ye who likes pixel art platformers and the tags here (like me), skip this one and you will be missing nothing at all.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

hexakern

The game sucks. It's slow, not engaging, and the H-scenes aren't even good. Waste of 185mb. I feel like it could have been better with more engaging combat speed and maybe having struggle scenes, so it seems silly to me that they refused to add such basic features in this genre.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

kororio

the boat section is the biggest piece of dog shit. the controls are crap. the character moves like in thick jelly. i haven't seen such a nasty platformer for a long time and as a reward we get fifteen animated pictures? 1 star to this gentleman
  6. 1.00 star(s)

lolopopo

Horrible game mechanics, didn't get much into the game because it's so bad.
    The Player walks so slow, even when "sprinting". The screen moves with the mouse, so aiming is difficult and you can't see whats going on behind the player
  7. 4.00 star(s)

pl4tinum

It's a good game, even though the heroine moves slowly. Very simple for an hour and a half to complete. There may be difficulties in places (especially at the boat level), but a little patience and everything can be overcome. 4/5 due to some emptiness both in the levels and in the gameplay.
  8. 1.00 star(s)

Deadwok

At first i thought the other review was being dramatic until i played it myself. Movement is so stiff in this game that i feel like im walking around with cider block for shoes it doesnt help that your "running" is tied to your very low stamina which you also use for dodging. Theres double jumping in the game but the normal jump is barely even a jump. If i got this on steam, i would have immediately refunded but since i didnt i played until they made me do this running jump platforming while being attacked by like 5 bees. i realized it wasnt worth my time trying to do this so i quit shortly after.
  9. 1.00 star(s)

Tootyfrooty69

I'd rather drink diarrhea from a dogs asshole through a bendy straw than do one more platforming section with the worst controls I have ever tried in this shit fuck of a game. Some of the worst controls on the site mixed with some of the worst designed enemies.