3.80 star(s) 19 Votes

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Honestly never noticed this.
Or do you mean when they call him Magnus, because that is his family name regardless of you renaming him.
And there's the answer for second part, not a coding issue.
Sure there are other instances, a couple from Lyria calling him that too, not just the GM scene, would have to recheck but fair enough, just seemed an odd choice to make, it stood out.
Not a mistake in terma of language
Ahh...it is quite jarring (example being start of Part 2, "I've decided to walk away". when talking in past tense...I find it difficult to believe that is intentional, and not the first example of such) but if such grammar is indeed intentional than all good. It's certainly unique for sure. :) (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

Beefle

Nov 22, 2023
Just recently played through this one. The story had me engrossed, and I just wanna say, I'm glad our time away from Lyria is over with. I felt so bad that MC was just going to let her go through life thinking he was dead. I mean shit, he's all she had. Anyways, looking forward to the update, Mr. Mystic.

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Just recently played through this one. The story had me engrossed, and I just wanna say, I'm glad our time away from Lyria is over with. I felt so bad that MC was just going to let her go through life thinking he was dead. I mean shit, he's all she had. Anyways, looking forward to the update, Mr. Mystic.
Glad to hear it was up to your taste, thanks for taking time to play it.

Ahm... regarding that other part, glad you're not part of my discord discussions. :HideThePain:

Cause I can certainly say a thing or two regarding Lyria that wouldn't be up to your taste I'd imagine. #NoHatePlease

Requah

Jan 7, 2022
Glad to hear it was up to your taste, thanks for taking time to play it.

Ahm... regarding that other part, glad you're not part of my discord discussions. :HideThePain:

Cause I can certainly say a thing or two regarding Lyria that wouldn't be up to your taste I'd imagine. #NoHatePlease
Dont tell me she slept with someone else or has found someone new to be with because that is just a game killer IMO.

Beefle

Nov 22, 2023
I don't understand lol. Is that in regards to her in future content, or are you just referencing inside jokes on the discord?

Reactions: Mystic

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
I don't understand lol. Is that in regards to her in future content, or are you just referencing inside jokes on the discord?
Pretty much, honestly it was a LOT of LORE talk. But I'll share the screen from my reply to one of the questions that was related to Lyria anyhow.

I'll spoiler it though just in case, it is somewhat spoilerish.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Harem4life

Jul 21, 2023
Pretty much, honestly it was a LOT of LORE talk. But I'll share the screen from my reply to one of the questions that was related to Lyria anyhow.

I'll spoiler it though just in case, it is somewhat spoilerish.
Good thing that you didn't go ahead with your original plan because it could have killed this game for many of us.

Here's hoping she will still be treated as one of the main LI with enough screentime.

Reactions: pfc.berserker

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Good thing that you didn't go ahead with your original plan because it could have killed this game for many of us.

Here's hoping she will still be treated as one of the main LI with enough screentime.
May be so, but the game itself would be killed by myself first and foremost. If I felt the pressure of having to abide by what the crowd wants. This causes different issues for not me, but plenty developers.

When it comes to a point, that you're writing something for sake of what others want, instead of it being what you wanted to begin with... it is game over.

Feedback should be validated and respected, I'm all for it. Including yours right now, but there are limits to what any dev should do just because there are some loud voices, but this is my personal belief of course. In the end every game on this forum in my opinion, is someone's story. You can either tag along for the ride... or you don't have to. Or at least that's how it should be, once again, my personal belief and viewpoints.

On the side note, yeah, she is present due to adaptation as I said. But Lyria's character had so much screentime, it overshadows all others. Frankly, it is called "Elleria", not "Lyria" the game in general.

I rest my point there.

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
May be so, but the game itself would be killed by myself first and foremost. If I felt the pressure of having to abide by what the crowd wants. This causes different issues for not me, but plenty developers.

When it comes to a point, that you're writing something for sake of what others want, instead of it being what you wanted to begin with... it is game over.

Feedback should be validated and respected, I'm all for it. Including yours right now, but there are limits to what any dev should do just because there are some loud voices, but this is my personal belief of course. In the end every game on this forum in my opinion, is someone's story. You can either tag along for the ride... or you don't have to. Or at least that's how it should be, once again, my personal belief and viewpoints.

On the side note, yeah, she is present due to adaptation as I said. But Lyria's character had so much screentime, it overshadows all others. Frankly, it is called "Elleria", not "Lyria" the game in general.

I rest my point there.
I'm very glad you change your plans and brought her back.
I just hope she's here to stay (with reduced,at first, screentime to let other LIs shine then equal to them) and be some kind of "anchor" for the MC ; you know the side of the coin, with Eris as the other side.

I agree, it's your game and you have the final say ; but I'm very glad you change this particular decision. Other than that, we're plenty along for the ride without wanting to rule or lead where the game goes and I hope you'll still find pleasure in making it :giggle:

Reactions: Maviarab and Mystic

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
I'm very glad you change your plans and brought her back.
I just hope she's here to stay (with reduced,at first, screentime to let other LIs shine then equal to them) and be some kind of "anchor" for the MC ; you know the side of the coin, with Eris as the other side.

I agree, it's your game and you have the final say ; but I'm very glad you change this particular decision. Other than that, we're plenty along for the ride without wanting to rule or lead where the game goes and I hope you'll still find pleasure in making it :giggle:
Pretty much, due to health issues and blasted COVID I've had about 4 months of pondering. And I wasn't really satisfied with some things, that I've changed out of feeling obliged to do so, or pressured. But that won't be happening anymore.

And I can say with change of that aspect mentally, I have my fun back again in actually working on the update. I kind of forgot that I actually don't need to do jack shit, except what I want. Of course, that doesn't mean my ear isn't open for ideas and suggestions. Those are and always will be welcome.

And yes, that's her role pretty much atm. She's there as War Table asset, to be used on the map for stuff like scouting or any other sort of actions. Still visible if you choose meeting options and what not. Some interactions such as conversations etc, but by far less what it was.

Cause in terms of content, she has a loooooooooooot of presence in the game. Half the game so far was an adventure with Lyria in a sense.

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
Pretty much, due to health issues and blasted COVID I've had about 4 months of pondering. And I wasn't really satisfied with some things, that I've changed out of feeling obliged to do so, or pressured. But that won't be happening anymore.

And I can say with change of that aspect mentally, I have my fun back again in actually working on the update. I kind of forgot that I actually don't need to do jack shit, except what I want. Of course, that doesn't mean my ear isn't open for ideas and suggestions. Those are and always will be welcome.

And yes, that's her role pretty much atm. She's there as War Table asset, to be used on the map for stuff like scouting or any other sort of actions. Still visible if you choose meeting options and what not. Some interactions such as conversations etc, but by far less what it was.

Cause in terms of content, she has a loooooooooooot of presence in the game. Half the game so far was an adventure with Lyria in a sense.
Glad you realized you don't have to pander to every whining child, yet still being open for suggestions and feedback. It's very easy to feel the pressure and letting yourself drown in the entitlement of some vocal minority.

Indeed Lyria has the most screentime by far, for now ; but I really hope it gets cut down only for a while, enought for the other LIs to catch up. I'd love to have her screentime equal to the others on the long run.
Having her as a War Asset and having the possibility to continue her romance is already an awesome thing.
Only slightly less than the future threesome with Eris but hey - *cough*

Reactions: Mystic and Maviarab

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
Glad you realized you don't have to pander to every whining child, yet still being open for suggestions and feedback. It's very easy to feel the pressure and letting yourself drown in the entitlement of some vocal minority.

Indeed Lyria has the most screentime by far, for now ; but I really hope it gets cut down only for a while, enought for the other LIs to catch up. I'd love to have her screentime equal to the others on the long run.
Having her as a War Asset and having the possibility to continue her romance is already an awesome thing.
Only slightly less than the future threesome with Eris but hey - *cough*
That's the point, gotta catch up with others. I'm just not sure what, how, where and why. Things I have that require some thinking about.

But as I said, she's indeed still present. Both during council meetings or as war asset. Which is sufficient for the moment.

Yeah, about that, I wouldn't put much coin on that one. Not in her nature, also, isn't that blasphemy? :HideThePain:

• Haha
Reactions: CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
That's the point, gotta catch up with others. I'm just not sure what, how, where and why. Things I have that require some thinking about.

But as I said, she's indeed still present. Both during council meetings or as war asset. Which is sufficient for the moment.

Yeah, about that, I wouldn't put much coin on that one. Not in her nature, also, isn't that blasphemy? :HideThePain:
Well very good then :giggle:

It's not blasphemy if your mode of like is blasphemer extraordinaire through and through :cool:

DevinHesi

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2021

Praise be Eris for getting off of her Shadowy arse and finally delivering update for me to Share. Chapter II is full and completed.

Not much else for me to say, changelog available within game files as always. Available for PC, Mac, Linux.

Till the next one then

1727373798737.png

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Elleria [v0.6 Ch.2] [M.C Games] - Compressed

Win/Linux [328 MB]
- - - -

Mac [323 MB]
- - - -

3.80 star(s) 19 Votes