RPGM Embers of Khaos [Development Thread]

SmilingPumkin

Jan 15, 2024
- Intro -

This is the first in hopefully a series of dev logs that I'm going to post on a game I started working on around 4 months ago. The game is aiming to be a sandbox rpg built in RPG maker. The first act which I hope to finish in the next 2-3 months will feature 4 romanceable characters that can join your party.

- Gameplay -

The world is dynamic and your decisions in the game will have an effect on those who inhabit it. For example you can decide to side with bandits for a bit of extra money or defeat them and win favor with Odin and her valkyries. Your relationship with each party member will also be affected by the actions you take and the choices you make. Increasing your relationship with a certain party member enough can unlock special companion quests that contain more backstory and character lore as well as extra scenes.

Combat is still in the works but the goal is to have a unique system, not the standard turn based combat seen in most RPG maker games.

- The Story -

400 years ago gates began to appear, opening bridges to other worlds. Hel, the home of demonkind, saw the gates as a gift from their goddess and began to invade the other realms in her name. The Queen of the demons Mistra invaded and subjugated hundreds of worlds. Through the many worlds they invaded, Eldoria stood against Mistra and her armies and pushed back their offensive. So began the never ending war. Eve, a rare human futanari, was saved by a demon warrior after her village and home were burnt to the ground. The demon brought her back to his homeworld and raised her as his apprentice blacksmith in a small demon village in the outskirts of Hel. This is where the game begins and Eve starts her journey.

- The Characters -

As you adventure you will meet many companions and enemies. For the First Act I am initially planning on having 4 new characters join Eve in her journey, but that number may change if the story demands it.
  1. Lilith, an elven mage who has been trapped in a magical prison for over 100 years.
  2. Veronia, the healer in Frostvale and a skilled herbalist.
  3. Freya, a mighty valkyrie warrior in search of a foe that can match her overwhelming strength.
  4. Nyx, a rugged bounty hunter in search of a mysterious blood mage.

If you have any sugesstions or ideas feel free to let me know.

SmilingPumkin

Jan 15, 2024
Been a bit since I've updated this thread but I thought now would be as good as time as ever.

Progress has continued, I”ve mainly been working on the maps for the first 2-3 hours of the game, I'll add some screenshots below. In terms of characters Eve the main character has been completely redesigned and the story has been changed somewhat. I'll add Eve's new design below as well.

In terms of releasing something, I'm hoping to get an initial version out by the end of the month. It probably will have quite a few incomplete systems like the menu and battle systems but I want to atleast get something out to gather initial feedback.

Overall, I'm excited to finally be able to share what I've been working on with you all very soon.

Reactions: DD.bear