Tutorial Enabling Console in Renpy games.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

johny32

Mar 10, 2018
First you'll want to find the folder named "renpy", this should be in the first page after opening up your game. Capture.PNG
You'll want to open this folder and double click the folder named "common".
Capture2.PNG
Next you'll want to find a file named "00console", we're looking for the one that is .rpy, not .rpyc.
After finding 00console.rpy you'll want to right click and choose the option "Open with" and select notepad.
Capture3.PNG
Once opened you'll want to hit "Ctrl + F" to open up the search bar and you'll being searching for False, refer to image if confusing.
Capture4.PNG
You're looking for the part that highlights this False
Capture5.PNG
You'll then change the line "config.console = False " to config.console = True, refer to image if confusing
Capture6.PNG
Finally, look to the top right of notepad, select File, and then save.
Capture7.PNG
Start up your game and load file and hit "Shift + O" and this should bring up the console command prompt. From here you'll be able to use any commands that were listed in your choice of game forums.

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
First you'll want to find the folder named "renpy", [...]
Or you can use one of the two "applications" available for this. Whatever it's unren (both for Windows, and Linux/Mac), that will do more than just this, or the console enabler that works whatever the OS.

Note that I don't say this to discourage you. It's always a good news to see people with good will that share their knowledge and try to help others. But this particular subject is more that well covered already.

Marinoz

Jun 4, 2017
I really like your update, to me there is a big difference to getting a tool and gaining knowledge about a system.
They have thier own uses, a tool can only do what it is designed for, but system knowledge can help your understanding of whats happening. (though this is low level, reading this post may help someone develop new tools, or hacks, which would be benifitial to most of our members)

mighty_sparrah

Dec 9, 2019
Someone should pin this thread under FAQs or something because these simple instructions were as helpful as they were difficult to find.

pazonal

Nov 1, 2020
Guys I did this,
But on opening the console using Shift+O, I'm getting a message that Ren'py script disabled on the console screen
Game- a house in the rift

blackspiral

Aug 1, 2019
Guys I did this,
But on opening the console using Shift+O, I'm getting a message that Ren'py script disabled on the console screen
Game- a house in the rift
I tried it too and it worked for me! Here's the description: https://f95zone.to/threads/futadom-world-binding-sim-v0-7-2-f-w-g-b-s.1780/page-169#post-4647617
After clicking Shift + O you need to type/paste: '' toggleGalleryUnlocks(True) '' After that close the game, open it again and it works fine with the newest (v0.7.2) version, you'll see the pictures in the gallery :)

Reactions: pazonal

AidsDelivered

Apr 9, 2018

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Hello, how do you find the commands to use ? I'ts different for every games ?
It's effectively different for every games, therefore you have to look into the game thread, there's generally all you have to know ; else ask nicely in the said game thread.

Reactions: Helh3eim

Helh3eim

Feb 13, 2021
It's effectively different for every games, therefore you have to look into the game thread, there's generally all you have to know ; else ask nicely in the said game thread.
Thank you too for the answer !
I've seen that, many threads got answers to majority of questions I wanted to ask so i'ts perfect :BootyTime:

ⱮìꝈąղ

Mar 23, 2021
It worked for me in the 7.3 too as the previous one. How can I help you? I'll attach the "00console" file, try it and then in the game after you need to write those things and it'll be fine (I really hope for it).
Hello, I downloaded and used the file you sent. It seemed to work but in the main menu, i can only use the "shift+C" to mute and unmute the voice. I tried to press "shift+O" but nothing happened.

Reactions: blackspiral

blackspiral

Aug 1, 2019
Hello, I downloaded and used the file you sent. It seemed to work but in the main menu, i can only use the "shift+C" to mute and unmute the voice. I tried to press "shift+O" but nothing happened.
I'll try it on a different laptop and then I'll write you back, I hope I can help you out! I'll try with the newest version.

blackspiral

Aug 1, 2019
I'm done with it, I hope it'll works for you too. It's the 0.7.4 version - the compressed one because large files often freeze my old devices. I tried it with the normal version too and it works fine with that too. Maybe the problem was that I forgot to put the file in a zip format but this should work now:
Firstly: search on your 'C' drive for ''Futadom''. You'll have one folder result which ends ''AppData\Roaming\Renpy''. Delete that folder. After that instal/unzip the game itself. If you open the game there should be a folder ''renpy''. Click there and after that find ''common'' folder - open it. Download and unzip the file which I sent to you to replace it with the old one. After that open the game and don't do nothing just hit Shift + O (''O'' and not zero - happened with me too). A grey window will appear then, copy+paste that line there: ''toggleGalleryUnlocks(True)''. Close the game and open it again and there will be the unlocked gallery. I hope that I could help you with it, it worked fine for me for the last 3 versions. Use everything without the '' - I just put it there to mark where a thing starts and where ends. I wish you good luck and I hope that you could open it that way :)

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Not sure if it's the reason, but it's not supposed to be the key "o", but the minus letter "o".

I'm done with it, I hope it'll works for you too.
Why distribute the whole 00console.rpy file, when a single file with:
Code:
init 100 python:
    config.console = True
put anywhere in the "[main directory]/game" directory is enough to do exactly the same thing ?

This thread still have interesting pieces of information, but it's way too outdated and should not be used as reference on how to unable the console.

blackspiral

Aug 1, 2019
Not sure if it's the reason, but it's not supposed to be the key "o", but the minus letter "o".

Why distribute the whole 00console.rpy file, when a single file with:
Code:
init 100 python:
    config.console = True
put anywhere in the "[main directory]/game" directory is enough to do exactly the same thing ?

This thread still have interesting pieces of information, but it's way too outdated and should not be used as reference on how to unable the console.
I'm sorry if I done anything wrong, I'm stupid to codeing but because that worked for me I just wanted to help who's asked me. I just followed the instructions which I found here.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote