English AI translation quality

Aptugz

Oct 5, 2020
Greetings! Is there anyone here who is a native English speaker? I'm currently working on a game based on the MoER universe (Old Huntsman) and would like to know how well my English translation is shaping up. I rely on GPT and DeepL, refining the text with manual adjustments based on my knowledge. Here are examples of what I've achieved so far:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

guest1492

Apr 28, 2018
I have no idea how accurate the translations themselves are, but what you posted flows well with good grammar and word choice.

One thing to note is that you're using a second person viewpoint to narrate (you did this, you did that, etc) and to me it just reads better when second person is done in the present tense as opposed to past tense. The translation for the incense scene has some mixture of present and past tenses.

At any rate, what you posted is already much better than many games here.

Reactions: Aptugz

Aptugz

Oct 5, 2020
Thank you very much for your reply! I was afraid that the result would be completely unnatural as I am not familiar enough with Artlang. And thanks for the remark about using tenses, I'll try to figure that out.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
I'll bite: What is MoER? I could not find anything on the first page of google for that acronym.

And the quality of the writing is very good. The tools are improving!

Last edited:
Reactions: Aptugz

Aptugz

Oct 5, 2020
Indeed, technology is advancing at an alarming rate. Thanks for the positive feedback!

I'll bite: What is MoER? I could not find anything on the first page of google for that acronym.
Mists of Eternal Rome is a canceled sandbox management game by the author of Jack-o-nine-tails. Old Huntsman took on an exorbitant technical challenge and eventually burned out.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
thank you for the clarification. That's obscure enough that I don't feel like I should have known it already.