English based RPGM XP games crash instantly.

The-deadly

Jul 26, 2017
They open, stay open for 3-5 seconds on a black screen. Then they close randomly. The folders were missing the RGSS102E dll file but I downloaded it and moved it. Someone said that the dll file should also be in my syswow64 and it is there. Im given no error message as to why it happens. Breath of Fire and iron doesn't crash but Reporter Kate [Combin Ation] and Loqo- Origins [Swegabe] both do.

The-deadly

Jul 26, 2017
@Flecc I have the rtp already. Breath of Fire and Iron is also a RPGM XP based game and it runs just fine. Curse of Pleasure also runs fine. Ive tried redownloading the 2 games that keep crashing but its getting me no where.

Flecc

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
@The-deadly Breath of fire and curse of pleasure have the rtp included

So best advice i can offer is try downloading the XP rtp from the link i gave you and install it ,I have downloaded all 4 games you mentioned hence delay in reply and have them running side by side though i did have to download the rtp to get Kate reporter and queen opala working

give it a go let us know how you get on

Reactions: The-deadly

The-deadly

Jul 26, 2017
Reinstalled the rtp and the games. Still no luck. Not sure why its not running correctly. Previous versions of Queen Opala have ran fine. I think the problem is definitely something with my rtp. Anyway to get the games to recognize where it is or something? I let it install to the default installation place on the C drive.

Flecc

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
you mention downloading and moving it i assume you mean you downloaded a dll from web (which is never a good idea can do a lot of damage) have you deleted that dll before reinstalling (should have asked earlier my bad )

The-deadly

Jul 26, 2017
Yea I deleted the dll from the game folders. and the dll originally is present in my syswow64 folder.

Flecc

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Ok lets try something else. Create a new folder on your desktop, cut the dll from syswow64 and then paste to your new desktop folder. Then try reinstalling the rtp

The-deadly

Jul 26, 2017
Tried that. Still no luck. Checked some other games that ive had sitting around and played before and some of them arent working anymore either.

Flecc

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
OK we are hitting a route i really did not want to go down delete all your rpgm games delete all rgss dll's in syswow 64

grab a registry cleaner Ccleaner will do the job

run the registry cleaner may need several runs to clear all the detritus (BUT MAKE SURE TO BACK UP when given opportunity to do so )

then reinstall rtp's and games

if that does not work then i would have to say all my routes of solving this problem have been exhausted

good luck

will check in in morning to see how it went

The-deadly

Jul 26, 2017
Did some looking around in strangely enough some Pokemon custom game subreddits. I may have found a solution. Wanted to check everything I could before committing to a hard restart like that. The problem was something called DEP was set to run on all programs. I set that to only run on Windows services and such and the previously unworking XP games are going now. Still thank you for all your help Flecc.

Reactions: Flecc

Flecc

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Just googled DEP something new learned.
Glad you found a solution to your problem.

Happy Gaming