Tool Enigma VB Unpacker [v0.62]

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
a new version of enigma vb unpacker is available at .
  • current version: 0.62 -
works for games like

Changelog:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

George Halstead

Oct 1, 2017
Friends when i tried this with Town Of Passion it did extract it but when i go to run the game i get a white screen. What is that telling me ?

the66

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
a new update is available at
  • current version: 0.53
changelog:
  • Added support for Enigma Virtual Box v8.10, v8.20, v9.00 and v9.10.
  • Unpacker now restores file attributes and date/time. Be careful, unpacked files might have attributes "read only", "hidden", etc.!
  • Added validation of extracted folder/file names to prevent . It was on my todo list for a long time and all the media-craziness around finally forced me to do something about it.
  • Fixed warning message about TLS directory. Mea culpa.

the66

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
@the66 v0.54 is out ;)
well, as mod you would have posted the changelog and a download link, but as a staffmember... 0 :evilsmile:

direct link:

changelog v0.54:
  • Added support for Enigma Virtual Box v9.20.
  • If unpacker cannot detect exact Enigma Virtual Box version, it will try to unpack it as EVB version 9.x. Hopefully, this will allow to support new EVB builds automatically.

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
LMAO - I didn't want to presume to update your thread without your permission. You believe that? XD

Reactions: Krull

the66

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
LMAO - I didn't want to presume to update your thread without your permission. You believe that? XD
nope. i think, you are still partying hard. but caution, we might get a thread ban for being off-topic/chatting. :RarePepe:

Reactions: Krull and bas

the66

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
a new update is available at .
  • current version: 0.55
changelog:
  • Fixed detection of original TLS directory for some Delphi executables

the66

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
a new update was posted at .
  • current version: 0.56
changelog:
  • Unpacker will refuse to run if there is not enough space in TMP folder and/or in working directory
  • PE header size was calculated incorrectly in some cases
  • TLS directory was not detected correctly for some files
Setting TMP folder to a RAM drive was a good idea in 1990s. Now it's year 2019 and you can't manage virtual memory better
than Windows already do. But some people apparently still try, so I added checks to stop them from shooting themselves in the
foot.​

Reactions: Krull

paula789

May 2, 2017
a new update was posted at .
  • current version: 0.56
changelog:
  • Unpacker will refuse to run if there is not enough space in TMP folder and/or in working directory
  • PE header size was calculated incorrectly in some cases
  • TLS directory was not detected correctly for some files
Setting TMP folder to a RAM drive was a good idea in 1990s. Now it's year 2019 and you can't manage virtual memory better​
than Windows already do. But some people apparently still try, so I added checks to stop them from shooting themselves in the​
foot.​
After using the unpacker when I'm trying to run the game the application isn't working and giving a white screen. Can anyone please help?

W65

May 31, 2018
After using the unpacker when I'm trying to run the game the application isn't working and giving a white screen. Can anyone please help?
When you unpack a game, you ought to end up with a folder named something like %DEFAULT_FOLDER%, right?

Rename that folder to something else without the % marks, and run the game.exe from inside the folder you just renamed. See if that does it.

the66

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
run the app within the newly created folder, not the ones outside.
or just move that folder and use it as your new game folder (probably the best way).

paula789

May 2, 2017
When you unpack a game, you ought to end up with a folder named something like %DEFAULT_FOLDER%, right?

Rename that folder to something else without the % marks, and run the game.exe from inside the folder you just renamed. See if that does it.
I have followed what you've said and it works. The game application within the newly created folder is now running. Thank you so much.

paula789

May 2, 2017
run the app within the newly created folder, not the ones outside.
or just move that folder and use it as your new game folder (probably the best way).
I have renamed the newly created folder excluding the % sign and done what you've said. The game application within the newly created folder is now running. Thank you so much.

lonea

Sep 26, 2017
Nothing happens when i try to unpack, i just get this massage.

Maybe i'm just too stupid to figure out how it works :D

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Nothing happens when i try to unpack, i just get this massage.

Maybe i'm just too stupid to figure out how it works :D
I sincerely hope you figured this one out...
If not, here's a hint: that which is already unboxed shall not need unboxing... As the saying goes.

Dharak

Jan 13, 2019
I sincerely hope you figured this one out...
If not, here's a hint: that which is already unboxed shall not need unboxing... As the saying goes.
Sorry I have the exact issue. I tried to find anything else that wasn't unboxed but the only file I can select is game.exe, please help?

the66

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
um, why do you try to unpack an obviously not packed game?

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Hoping maybe someone could help me figure out this issue. I am able to successfully decrypt a game, however ever time I attempt to run the game after decryption, the game opens to a black screen then closes. the debug log i showing the below error

[0105/235922.683:ERROR:http_transport_win.cc(178)] WinHttpCrackUrl: The operation completed successfully. (0x0)
This error comes up if I run the game_unpacked executable. I renamed the folder to something else other than %default folder% as well.

any suggestions?