Tool Enigma VB Unpacker [v0.62]

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
Hoping maybe someone could help me figure out this issue. I am able to successfully decrypt a game, however ever time I attempt to run the game after decryption, the game opens to a black screen then closes. the debug log i showing the below error

[0105/235922.683:ERROR:http_transport_win.cc(178)] WinHttpCrackUrl: The operation completed successfully. (0x0)
This error comes up if I run the game_unpacked executable. I renamed the folder to something else other than %default folder% as well.

any suggestions?
move your renamed folder %default folder% to somewhere else and start the game with game.exe from within this folder.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
move your renamed folder %default folder% to somewhere else and start the game with game.exe from within this folder.
That did it. Didn't think that would make a difference. Live and learn. Thanks alot.

Gerge

Oct 11, 2017

Having the same problem with RJ270713, but it doesn't work. Tried moving folder to different drive or deleting Locale folder as google search suggested. No idea how to handle it.

EDIT: Solution by Zippix worked.

Last edited:

Zippix

Sep 7, 2017
Having the same problem with RJ270713, but it doesn't work. Tried moving folder to different drive or deleting Locale folder as google search suggested. No idea how to handle it.
That one's a special case. It has (well, the first versions had, iirc) a 0 byte sized file to unpack, with which the Unpacker for some reason can't deal, and somehow ends up unpacking it as a 700MB file. So what you need to do is delete that file, and create a placeholder with the same name, just you know, empty. The file is 'StepAnime.js' in the 'www\js\plugins' folder.

Also, don't forget to get to get rid of the '%' characters from the folder name, just to be safe.

Cmann

Donor
Feb 7, 2019
A new update is available at .
  • Current version: 0.58
Changelog:
  • Support for Enigma Virtual Box 9.30/9.40. Should support 9.50 but it's not tested.

Bloemkool

Aug 13, 2017

The game above, I use enigma fine, rename the %default folder & move it elsewhere but get the black screen & crash of game.

It works with the original boxed exe in the folder but all the assets are obviously drawn from that hence making it pointless as I'm trying to get it to use the translated files.

FIXED - rename nw.exe to game_original.exe

lewdgamerxxx

Game Compressor
Sep 6, 2018
When you unpack a game, you ought to end up with a folder named something like %DEFAULT_FOLDER%, right?

Rename that folder to something else without the % marks, and run the game.exe from inside the folder you just renamed. See if that does it.
run the app within the newly created folder, not the ones outside.
or just move that folder and use it as your new game folder (probably the best way).
TYSM. It's working now!!

Mikey80

Mar 6, 2020
What should I do if the message on enigmavbunpacker v0.58 was "There is not enough space on drive where TMP folder is located!" ?

Sword26

Donor
Aug 8, 2016
having some trouble partial trasnlating Re-Public of Baldrheimr OBT Ver1.00 can someone help Capture.PNG

52a2

Jul 4, 2017
having some trouble partial trasnlating Re-Public of Baldrheimr OBT Ver1.00 can someone help

Hey bub not sure if you still need help but try this apparently its the new update 5.9.

hydro13

May 22, 2017
So normally I'm pretty savvy when it comes to figuring out all this stuff. But I'm trying to extract/decrypt the images from this game

However it's formated as game_boxed.exe and I get the same error using enigma as this post.

having some trouble partial trasnlating Re-Public of Baldrheimr OBT Ver1.00 can someone help View attachment 1568102
Any tips/workarounds/etc or am I S.O.L.?

Nevermind using 52a2's advice and downloading the new version worked.

tiber_septim

Jan 27, 2022
I ran the unboxer on a a game called succubus in wonderland in order to apply some english translation files but I get the error bellow and it won't unpack.

[x] Expected section name ".enigma2", found ".reloc"
[x] This file is not supported by Enigma Box version two or is hacked.

I just purchased the game directly from the dlsite website so it definately isn't hacked.
I have never used an unboxer app before but I think I am using it correctly as it seems very straight forward and logical.

Could anyone help please?

YandereSan

Sep 28, 2019
EnigmaVBUnpacker v0.60 doesn't work with 10.20. The changes they introduced broke it, less than a month after the author fixed it. Will have to wait for another fix.

Virgin_Jesus

Mar 3, 2023
a new version of enigma vb unpacker is available at .
  • current version: 0.61 -
works for games like

Changelog:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
what is this and how to use it ?? pls some one tell me

some one told me i can use it to translate games

Susan Xandera

Jul 13, 2017
what is this and how to use it ?? pls some one tell me

some one told me i can use it to translate games
Pop it into the folder for your RPGMaker MV/MZ game that usually contains only 3 things in it, a 'www' folder, a 'boxed' game .exe, etc. Drag and drop the 'boxed game .exe on the unpacker or open the unpacker itself and navigate to the 'boxed' game .exe. Then you simply wait for it to unpack the game for you into a new folder that the unpacker will make for you. Change the name of the new folder (you'll see it right there where you placed the unpacker) to whatever you want since that's where the 'unboxed' game will be. This new folder is where you can use any online hooker/translator (RPGMakerMVGame Hook patcher, AGTH, etc.) for the game .exe located in that folder. If you want to do manual translations there are resources to help on this and other sites.