Daz Environment Map

iOtero

Aug 4, 2020
In DAZ 3D STUDIO when I open the Environment Map as here:

1.png

I get a lot of images in the list of options, as you can see in this image:

2.png

And I only want to show the HDRI files (*.hdr)

Is there a way to do this?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
You basically answered your own question with your own images ;)
1610466803551.png

1610466840696.png

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I'm sure you're right, but I must be very silly, because I don't understand you... :unsure:
I suspect that you're using a preset for the environment map and that preset is probably a scene instead of just a hdri, so to just load the hdri:
First load the scene where you want to use the hdri, then go to the environment tab, click on the small image (first screen), then click on browse (second screen) and look for the hdri (the file location is also on the first screen) -> double click to load the hdri, done.

iOtero

Aug 4, 2020
I suspect that you're using a preset for the environment map and that preset is probably a scene instead of just a hdri, so to just load the hdri:
First load the scene where you want to use the hdri, then go to the environment tab, click on the small image (first screen), then click on browse (second screen) and look for the hdri (the file location is also on the first screen) -> double click to load the hdri, done.
Thanks for the explanation, but I already knew how to do that, what I don't know is how to avoid all those non-HDRI files appearing when I click the Environment Map button

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Thanks for the explanation, but I already knew how to do that, what I don't know is how to avoid all those non-HDRI files appearing when I click the Environment Map button
Oh lol, guess I misunderstood your question, these are just all the maps/textures used in the scene^^
They will always show, there's no setting to change that.

Reactions: iOtero