RPGM - Ephemeral Gate [v.0.261] [Wr1ckad]

1. 5.00 star(s)

렌파이ntr

I'm looking forward to the future of this game. All the female characters are attractive. Especially Kasumi is really cute and attractive. I want to see a lot of Kasumi's ntr. And it's even better because it's optional ntr. And the plot of the game is so much fun. Please keep adding a lot of ntrs and updating them. Especially Kasumi ntr. I really want to see a lot of Kasumi ntr. It's one of the top 5 games I've ever played
  2. 2.00 star(s)

MikesDK

Tried it and it was ok fun but it dident last long, i just got tierd of bugs and the slow progress, i got my MC to lvl 11 but couldent had quests to find to people that wasent nowhere to be found and another quest to collect 6 flowers, but it only counted 1 of the flowers i picked up and since things down respawn well couldent finish that quest either, pretty sure storyline got stuck since i cant get anywhere with the adventure guild since quests arent complete.
    At another thing, if you talk to your maid after gives you a BJ, it can get stuck in the text so when you click back it dosent go back so you cant do anything but close game down, small thing but it all adds up.

I think game is mostly focused on NTR path since none NTR dosent have much, and the progress with your group/girls is proberly tied to quests since i could only do one date and then all other dates where blacked out.

If the game got the bugs fixed and got some animations then it could have good potential, but as it is now i wouldent waste the time on it.

The quest guide arent that good either.

Fighting stuff is ok, but its slow and boring as fuck when your running in an area with low lvl things that attacks ya so your forced to fight for no xp no reward just waste of time and it happens alot.

I might revisit this game for another try and change my review for the better but untill it dosent have game breaking bugs i cant really recommend it.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

YuriiH

4/5 but I would add +1 for the amount of efforts.

In general, for an RPGM engine, the game is pretty good.

GAMEPLAY: This aims for a standard role-playing game + dating simulator. Everything is pretty common for this genre: hand-guided prologue and grind. No less, no more. You kill mobs, you grind, you move the story. You talk, you give gifts, you go on dates. For an NTR-keen player, it's possible to control the girls from the harem and activate relevant events. It would be nice to have other than NTR events as well during such control, but it depends on the dev.

COMBAT: Everything within the standards. The character development system is simplified, and therefore feels more balanced.

STORY: Also rather standard for a heroic male fucker. Not that great in logic (the only decent of the royal line traveling with a bit of guards -- that's pure nonsense, of course). However, it's a player who decides whether they want a story to unfold or not, this is a big plus. Another big advantage is the developer trying to present alternative ways to pass a quest. Much better than most railroaded kinetic stuff released nowadays.

TEXT: As usually, I skipped most of the irrelevant stuff, and I still noticed some weird non-native phrase constructions (e.g. something with "familiarity") -- but at least nothing that cries for a reviewer.

GRAPHICS: Not to my taste. Still, the 3d models don't induce vomiting as well.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Anomaly33

In its current state it is pretty unplayable. I think this must be the developer's first game and probably their first experience coding period, but even considering that it's too much to overlook.

+ The writing is not bad at all. Good English and a sensible plot.

- BUGS EVERYWHERE.
    - This style of model isn't really my cup of tea. The females still look okay despite that, pretty good actually, but males are extremely bad in almost an uncanny valley sort of way.
    - I'm a good hour and a half in and still no real sex scenes. Either they aren't implemented yet and therefore the tags are a lie and my time was wasted, or they are so few and far between that I probably will not bother. The writing is good but not THAT good.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

Harkonnan

1st Launch: RPGVXAce RPT is required to launch this game.
    I had to download RPG Maker VX Ace (189MB)
    2nd Launch: RGSS3 Player has stopped working.

I'm not jumping through hoops to play your game. Your supposed to include all the assets from RPG Maker in the game so the rest of us don't have to download it to play your game. RGSS3 player - I'm not sure what that is and at this point I don't care. I can't play your game because you released a pile of crap that doesn't work. I'm normally not one for negative reviews but this has put me in a foul mood so here's your review. 0 stars. I only gave the one star initially because it's required to leave a review. Fix your game and maybe I'll try it gain.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

Very Tall dwarve

There is no direction for the player to where to go to a location through a journal or quest log, You have to rely on the characters or npcs dialogues to where abouts is the next destination. And even that is no help either, just a generic conversation that gives a zero hint of where to next; one example is I need to sort out a rebellion of gangs in the eastern district, I talked to the commander, then I tried going north, the characters had a little talk & thats it... cant go north because he has something else to do....
  7. 2.00 star(s)

loikl

Visually it doesn't seem bad, but the story is somewhat hackneyed and without creativity.

It's in RPGM so be prepared to go 30 laps before seeing a sex scene and having to fight every 2 minutes to level up, so be prepared for the grind.

At the sex level, it is another game that has no better idea than combining harem and ntr due to a lack of ingenuity, trying to please everyone, so that in the end no one likes it.

Maybe someone would like to spend their time on this, but being realistic if you look for ntr it will be very short and if you don't like the ntr this will bother you.

Conclusion: if you're fine with ntr (but you're not actively looking for it), if you like sandbox and turn-based combat and you've already played everything on this page, this might appeal to you.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2755092

I am only giving a 3 star because of how boring and repetitive and tedious things get pretty quickly.

There is no resting option, as such, you're limited to using consumables/skills, or pay a rather large amount of gold to recover.

This makes the whole thing quite bothersome and very slow, litterally killing the flow of the game, by forcing you to head back to church, or buy enough consumables to recover.

The combats, are extremely slow, and fairly long. This is due to how many characters are in your party, how many enemies are around, and how, generally speaking, low the dps is compared the enemies' hp.

Add to that, that you'll have enemies every couple of meters, on sizeable maps, it can take a very long time to fight off everything, and in all honesty, is barely worth the effort.

I had to edit the save to get me up to L25 or so, just to cut down on combats by one shoting most mobs, even so, it would still take a fairly long time to clear a map.

Graphically, the game, while it is in fullhd, the picture's quality is still fairly low in my opinion. It's not, bad, but it certainly could look better.

In several hours, the only sex I have seen, was a NTR event, and I had to look for it pretty hard as well, since the maps are so big, finding the events, is also fairly boring.

As for the MC, he only saw a panty and some boobs... Which considering the amount of hours and the style of the game, is way too little in my opinion.

The story itself seems ok enough, and the characters are fairly typical, but they seem fine.

The writing is not stellar, but is more than acceptable.

I stopped playing due to an error that crashed the game, and I'm just not in the mood to redo all the shit I just did (there seems to be no autosave either.)

The game is not bad, but it certainly could be better.