Gattomarello

Jul 23, 2017
Little question, don't know if it's still "new version related or not".
Whenever I use the in-game mod manager to change a script, saves are kept for the current playthrough, but as soon as I close the game and relaunch it, the changes get discarded.
Something I'm missing or simple bug?

egaskrad

Jul 9, 2020
Little question, don't know if it's still "new version related or not".
Whenever I use the in-game mod manager to change a script, saves are kept for the current playthrough, but as soon as I close the game and relaunch it, the changes get discarded.
Something I'm missing or simple bug?
I had the same issue. What I'd done wrong was that I tried to change something in main. Changing it in mod will allow you to save it.

monsterhunterbrony

Dec 10, 2019
So, I'm not sure if it's because of one of the mods I have installed, but whenever I mouse over any upgrade that is in a circle instead of a square, the game crashes completely. is there a known workaround? or should I just keep playing without unlocking these few upgrades? Examples of that would be the 6th level of roster size or the 4th level of starting morale in the barracks.

Madodev

Erodev
Game Developer
Mar 30, 2023
So, I'm not sure if it's because of one of the mods I have installed, but whenever I mouse over any upgrade that is in a circle instead of a square, the game crashes completely. is there a known workaround? or should I just keep playing without unlocking these few upgrades? Examples of that would be the 6th level of roster size or the 4th level of starting morale in the barracks.
It's a bug in the unstable 1.4 version, it's fixed in the hotfix or in the later versions.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
It's a bug in the unstable 1.4 version, it's fixed in the hotfix or in the later versions.
Is there a hotfix or later version?

Because here only has 1.4, and Ich.io only has 1.3
Is the stable version patreon only?

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Yes. Though 1.4 is Patreon only as well, it just got uploaded here by a random person despite being unstable.
Eh, pirates will pirate, that's what we're all here for.
Pretty funny that they stole the broken version and not the fixed one though.

monsterhunterbrony

Dec 10, 2019
so, somethign I was wondering about Destiny points, it says it carries over between save, but im not sure if it means that it is a currency that is spent when doing other saves, or if it's a pool that is permanently that size each time you create a new save. For example, if I have 40 Destiny points, create a new save and spend 10 points. Then I create an other save later down the line, is that third save going to start with 40 points as well or with 30 because 10 were spent in save 2?

Been considering trying a do over as my guild is starting to be a bit messed up but I dont have enough just yet to get what I wanted. Im debating on starting a second save with a few things unlocked to make it easier to get more points for a third playthrough or if I should just be patient and save up enough for all the things I want in the new save file.

Which brings me to an other point: One of the convenience destiny point item can lock you from completing the tutorial quests as you can't complete the "get equipped by enemies" quest part.

nightsight

Game Developer
Mar 25, 2019
destiny points are lot simpler then that : ) basicly make a save file then use that save file to farm for destiny points which are shared with all your save slots BUT are give back when you make a new save file or if you delete a save file what ever destiny points were spent would be given back to you.

Lyem

Mar 31, 2020
Little question, how do i raise the difficult of my exploration? do i need to raise my pets to veteran/elite rank?

I'm past the Iron Maiden boss but i still keep getting nothing but adept/novice explorations, rarely a veteran one shows up, i'm resorting to letting girls be Kidnapped so i can rescue them in an Elite dungeon.

I did choose Marathon Mode when starting this file, but i don't think that's the reason.

Feb 10, 2022
Little question, how do i raise the difficult of my exploration? do i need to raise my pets to veteran/elite rank?

I'm past the Iron Maiden boss but i still keep getting nothing but adept/novice explorations, rarely a veteran one shows up, i'm resorting to letting girls be Kidnapped so i can rescue them in an Elite dungeon.

I did choose Marathon Mode when starting this file, but i don't think that's the reason.
Marathon mode is partially the reason why. Map tiles have a difficulty. You probably only have the low level tiles. Since marathon mode makes it slower to explore, it makes it more annoying to get to the difficult tiles. If I recall, you can also check the tile difficulty with the map setting.

Reactions: Lyem

femboyzizo

Sep 2, 2024
So i wanted to test the game on android nd see how i feel about it after first dungeon when ya venture fourth. I couldn't move on the map... at all clicking swiping i did everything , just wanted to throw this out there for anyone who wanna play on android.

ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
Can someone please explain the loop of this game ?

I finished the first dungeon, and only have a modest idea of what I'm supposed to do. Recruit adventurers, fight stuff in dungeons while RNG decides what chests/toys/perversions they get. Is that it ? Is it some rogue-lite BF where you can get attached to your girls, watching them grow in adversity, or more like a brothel-sim where you train sluts to sell them for quest rewards ?

The UI is atrocious and inconsistent, breaking many so-called "good practices" that most players probably got used to throughout years and everything becomes unnecessarily confusing because of it : right click on adventurer to select and open instead of left click?, ESC doesn't work on some screens to close menus yet it does on others?, close menu button in the middle of the title bar?, etc. Voice-acting for an unfinished game seems overkill and here it's also overly repetitive. I'm glad it can be muted, since it annoyed me.

Yet the game also kind of looks like one I would otherwise enjoy, so I'm willing to keep trying to understand and learn. Thank you for any pointers, the tutorial didn't really prove useful to me.

EDIT : also why no "save everywhere" ? This is a smut-game, let players decide how they want to win or "lose".

Last edited:

Nouvi

Jul 24, 2018
EDIT : also why no "save everywhere" ? This is a smut-game, let players decide how they want to win or "lose".
Largely, because Darkest Dungeon. It's themed after a relatively hardcore game where whatever happens carry significance, so if you happen into something bad, you'll have to work hard to reverse it, not just save scum.

Good for a smut game? Probably not for everyone. However, the choice to make it that way should be very much understandable.

Reactions: ThisIsMe88

Ornj-geus

Dec 19, 2019
Can someone please explain the loop of this game ?

I finished the first dungeon, and only have a modest idea of what I'm supposed to do. Recruit adventurers, fight stuff in dungeons while RNG decides what chests/toys/perversions they get. Is that it ? Is it some rogue-lite where you can get attached to your girls, watching them grow in adversity, or more like a brothel-sim where you train sluts to sell them for quest rewards ?

The UI is atrocious and inconsistent, breaking many so-called "good practices" that most players (me included) probably got used to throughout years (right click on adventurer to select and open instead of left click?, ESC doesn't work on some screens to close menus?, etc.) and everything becomes unnecessarily confusing because of it. Voice-acting for an unfinished game seems overkill and overly repetitive, and therefore annoys me. I'm glad it can be muted.

Yet the game also kind of looks like one I would otherwise enjoy, so I'm willing to keep trying to understand. Thank you.
Like the description says, It's like Darkest Dungeon but lewd. It's a randomized dungeon crawler with the goal of taking back a location. Rather than being the daring adventurers, you're the wealthy boss that sends adventurers to crawl dungeons and most likely come back dead or with severe PTSD. In this game's case they are captured or come back corrupted instead. When one of these adventurers no longer work, or there's better options, dispose of them.

The loop is manage your base, buy upgrades, assign jobs, care for adventurers, organize a team to go into a dungeon, then delve, loot, repeat. Each cleared dungeon clears more of the map.
While adventurers delve, they gain lust, desires, crests, parasites, curses, and quirks (good and bad). These can all be treated during the base phase. Most have a very high cost.
best trick I can offer is treatment is expensive but new, uncorrupted, uncursed adventurers are free. If an adventurer becomes too corrupted, just dump her.

other bits of advice:
First and foremost, adventurers are your most expendable resource. audio dialogue really drives this home.
Don't worry about treating adventurers until late game, until then just discard any trash to free up space for more fodder.
If you think you are going to lose, or an adventurer you like might be captured/cursed, retreat, the only thing you lose is map progress and the clear bonus. You keep loot.
Don't worry about training stats on early adventurers as much, instead focus on upgrading the stagecoach to get better ones later in the game.
A good offense is your best defense. Prioritize targets, Right click an enemy to see it's moves and work out your targets from there. If an adventurer has broken armor, hit anything that equips, If an adventurer has high lust, hurt anything that advances a crest. Those do not go away, but can be reduced in costly convoluted ways.
It's a very long game. Play over multiple sessions, have fun. If you aren't having fun, take a break. Don't let the game be a chore.

The in game encyclopedia is a fantastic resource to understanding and getting good. All systems are explained there and it's available at any time.

Last edited:

ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
Darkest Dungeon
Darkest Dungeon
Thank you.

I've never played but of course heard of Darkest Dungeon. Can't say I'm a fan of it, but I enjoy survival and "losing is fun" games, so I'm not going to give up on this game just yet.

Honestly though, I don't want to criticize the game for being what it is, but improvements could be made. I'm willing to forgive that the game still had me guessing after the tutorial what I was supposed to do (EDIT: for clarification purposes, what is my goal in this game, not trivialities like WASD to move around), since it's still very early in development.

However the UI could really need a second look. For an RPGMaker-clone (I guess the author had their reasons to pick the GODOT engine) and a smut game, it should be a much smoother experience.

Is the author Japanese by chance (and therefore maybe not used to what usually goes in Western games) ? Saying this because it took me longer than I care to admit to even find the load button, on the left hand-side (while holding the click), which again is not very conventional (looks pretty though), but then the whole UI doesn't seem conventional or even "practical" to me (and I'm used to playing Paradox games).

Last edited:

Ambjorn187

Sep 9, 2020
Honestly though, I don't want to criticize the game for being what it is, but improvements could be made. I'm willing to forgive that the game still had me guessing after the tutorial what I was supposed to do (EDIT: for clarification purposes, what is my goal in this game, not trivialities like WASD to move around), since it's still very early in development.
The game is almost done.
And the "goal" is to beat the final boss.

However the UI could really need a second look.
Looks fine to me.
For an RPGMaker-clone (I guess the author had their reasons to pick the GODOT engine) and a smut game, it should be a much smoother experience.
lol what?
Is the author Japanese by chance (and therefore maybe not used to what usually goes in Western games) ?
No.
Saying this because it took me longer than I care to admit to even find the load button, on the left hand-side (while holding the click), which again is not very conventional (looks pretty though), but then the whole UI doesn't seem conventional or even "practical" to me (and I'm used to playing Paradox games).
I think it's perfectly reasonable for this type of game.

Reactions: AlikManson

shiroineko

Jun 15, 2018
I find the game completely unplayable. You get kidnapped so easily and there is no way to recover. I tried to recover one person and end up losing 4 in my party.

Playful plugins thing does not even do anything.

I am beyond frustrated.

If there was a save system where I am in control this would not be all that bad. It constantly and instantly saves so it is not like I can go back to an earlier save.

4.20 star(s) 64 Votes