VN eroge crashing at end of first scene. Help?

MikeBottleson

May 20, 2024
Hey all, I'm playing a very niche eroge titled Plug Invade ~ Kyousei Kairaku Setsugou Jikken ~ Case 2 by Bias Factory and am having issues with the game crashing near the end of the first H scene. A box full of gibberish shows up which forces me to close the game preventing me from progressing any further.

This is likely an issue with the game code itself as this also happens on another Bias Factory game titled Crisis Cell ~Chika Jikken Shisetsu Sennyuu~ I've confirmed this only happens at the very first scene as the file I downloaded for this game was a completed file with all the scenes unlocked. None of the other scenes show this window and force me to close the game. It could be due to the games' ages (plug invade released 2012, crisis cell 2017) but don't know for sure.

Unless anyone knows how to fix this error, A solution could be getting a file of the completed game from someone else. Though that's unlikely as this is a very niche title. There's 2 other eroges in the series I'd wanna play but I assume they won't work either.

Additional things:

-I'm playing with the locale set to Japanese
-I've tried uninstalling and redownloading the game on 2 different pcs to no avail

Link to the eroge. May not work as I'm a newbie here but if anyone wants to download and try it themselves to see if they get the same error I can email you it. It's only in Japanese.

the error:
Screenshot 2024-06-22 045714.png

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
That gibberish should be a message in Japanese. Did you try to play the game with ? Maybe it won't fix the error, but I think it would help you to understand what the popup says, at least. Or, try to set the compatibility mode (according to the README, the game is supposed to be played on Windows 7 or older systems).

Btw, I managed to finish the game, here's the savefile (there are two saves, before the last and the second to last chapter). Unfortunately I don't use Windows, I can't tell you what went wrong on your machine.

MikeBottleson

May 20, 2024
Unfortunately the option to run Locale Emulator doesn't appear in the eroge's context file after installing it, seems this is a common problem after doing some researching. Made a reddit post just barely to see if people can help me.

And for your save files, I can't properly load the game from them, it wants me to open it up like a regular file which shows me a bunch of code instead of taking me to the game. Do I have to extract them or put them in my plug invade file or something?

What happens when I try to open either save file:
save file extract error.png

Maybe try linking the actual game itself instead of just your file save as that's how I got a completed copy of Crisis Cell (another game made by the same circle)

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
The content of my zip should replace the folder "savefile" of your copy of the game.

The file savefile\gloval.sav I've provided should unlock all the scenes.
The two save files can be loaded from within the game, once moved into the folder "savefile".

Edit: speaking of gibberish, this is how a Japanese text should appear (this is just an example, it's the README from the game):
プラッグインベイド ~強制快楽接合実験~ CASE2

●動作環境
対応OS:Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7
CPU:PentiumⅢ1GHz以上推奨
メモリ:512MB以上推奨
ハードディスク空き容量:150MB以上
グラフィック:800x600 65536色 表示可能なグラフィックカード
サウンド:PCM音源再生可能なサウンドカード
DirectX:9.0以上導入環境推奨
and this is how it is displayed with a wrong character encoding (Windows-1252 in this case):
ƒvƒ‰ƒbƒOƒCƒ“ƒxƒCƒh `‹§‰õŠyÚ‡ŽÀŒ±` CASE2

œ“®ìŠÂ‹«
‘ΉžOSFWindows 2000/XP/Vista/7
CPUFPentium‡V1GHzˆÈㄧ
ƒƒ‚ƒŠF512MBˆÈㄧ
ƒn[ƒhƒfƒBƒXƒN‹ó‚«—e—ÊF150MBˆÈã
ƒOƒ‰ƒtƒBƒbƒNF800x600 65536F •\Ž¦‰Â”\‚ȃOƒ‰ƒtƒBƒbƒNƒJ[ƒh
ƒTƒEƒ“ƒhFPCM‰¹Œ¹Ä¶‰Â”\‚ȃTƒEƒ“ƒhƒJ[ƒh
DirectXF9.0ˆÈ㓱“üŠÂ‹«„§
See that weird "ƒ" at the beginning? It's the same from your screenshot.

Last edited:

MikeBottleson

May 20, 2024
Update: It's working perfectly! I figured out the emulator option was hiding in the show more options tab in the context file, now not only is my game running in Japanese but its not crashing at the first scene anymore and saving my progress. (this is my own save without your save files)

Thanks for all your help, now the next step is to get textractor running for it. I'm hoping it'll actually pick up the text now that it's actually being registered as Japanese.

Reactions: scrumbles