Ren'Py - Abandoned - Escape to the Suburbs [v0.03B] [Zovikh]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Deleted member 440241

There's some fairly big errors with the writing, although nothing so bad as to make the dialogue unreadable. The characters have fairly unique designs, but that also comes with some characters not being all that attractive. What really drags this down though is the sandbox. There's no where near enough content to justify the sandbox yet still enough that you might already need a walkthrough to find everything. This game desperately needs a system for knowing where to find people and at what time. Once that's added and there's more content this could easily be bumped up to 4 stars.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

cloudmoon

Review for v0.02

This game is entertaining enough to play, but it's got a few things stopping me from really recommending it. It shines in having an interesting story premise which almost made me want to bump this up to 4 stars, but there's problems with the game mechanics/ui holding it back and the content that's here is just barely enough to be acceptable. (maybe 15/20 minutes of playtime).

Note there's a few sexy scenes here, though it's mostly masturbation and peeping stuff.

writing: 3/5 - It's readable but there are frequent mistakes and sometimes untranslated words. I had no problems understanding the story. And occasionally the author can trick you into thinking they're a native speaker, but ultimately the English script would benefit from some editing.

Story: 4.1/5 - It's an interesting premise and you really feel like the mob is a danger to the family. I like that we get to see things from the side of the mob boss occasionally. My only question is why would this family of 4 decide to testify against the mob to begin with? Seems like a huge risk and nothing revealed about the characters explains why they would take it. Not even a simple "it's the right thing to do!" type line so we know that they're doing it for moral reasons. As such not sure if they're being brave for some reasons or are just idiots with no self-preservation. Hopefully future updates gets into this a bit, but if not, it's not the worse thing in the world.

characters: 2.9/5 - Some of there characters are kinda interesting. I could easily get behind the Main FBI agent Hudson who comes off as a badass trying to do his job. And the Mob boss has the right feel of cocky arrogance and rage when necessary. But the family themselves are kind of bland. We get the internet obsessed sister with very little other defining traits. The other little sister who's notably afraid, but also just seems to yell at you for being a pervert. Then the mother who's kinda sweet a bit, and interested in your junk. But otherwise feels mostly devoid of personality. They're all passable... but they just felt kinda bland. This might just be because of the non-native writing honestly.

Renders: 3.7/5 - I'm a bit conflicted here. They're not bad, but none of the family members are particularly attractive. I don't mind that they tried to make the mother actually look like something other than a 20 year old, but I think they went a little overboard with the wrinkles to the point where she looks like she's in her late 50s maybe early 60s. So I don't find her attractive really... despite her nice body. The two sisters are better, but not the cutest models ever. Hannah (the older one) is probably the best out of the family members.

The two non-family member women we see are both better looking than any family member, which is a bit of a bummer for me, seeing as the dev can clearly make better character models than what we got.

gameplay: 2.6/5 - It's not great, but not terribly frustrating either. It's a sandbox game, but there's thankfully no grind. The only issue is you have to randomly click through rooms looking for triggers for events. There is a quest log, but it only has one quest, and I don't think it's even possible to complete that quest in this version. (I was able to set up an appointment for the internet to be installed, but the guy never came to do it). The quest log also does not get into any specifics or update as you go along, so it's really just there to remind you of objectives, rather than guide you on where to go or what to do. Luckily their aren't that many locations so you don't have to go through too many rooms. But I wish there was an indication about when or where events would occur. (also you have to click on the clock to update the time... which adds another level of annoyance to the experience.

I also ran into a bug where clicking in the same area that the room select icons are in will send you to that room, even when you're not in the house. So those icons are not properly being inactivated when you leave the house.

Overall enjoyment: 3.5/5 - despite the negatives, I did enjoy my time with the game. I think it has the potential to be a 4 star game with some work. I was tempted to give it that rating since the dev is clearly trying here, but I felt like I needed to offset the 5-star rating the other reviewer left as this is far from a perfect game and not really something I would recommend to people in its current state.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 250233

Finally, a MILF who looks like a MILF. Beautiful and realistic characters. Renders are decent (not too bad,not so good) no complaining on writing (English is not my first language, so not gonna talk about writing.) Interesting prologue, have potential.